Omas Celluloid Bronze Arco & Blue Royale

duvadie

Introduction:

I acquired two Omas pens not too long ago. One is Paragon Celluloid Blue Royale and the another being Paragon Bronze Arco. Both of them are equally beautiful and depending on the mood or occassion, each one has its proper use. I really cannot decide which one is my preferred choice becasue I like both of them. I have filled the Blue Royale with Noodler's Midnight Blue and Bronze ARCO with Paker Quink Blue Black. However, I will be changing the ARCO with with J. Herbin Lie De Thé (Tea Colour Ink) which I beleive perfectly matches the pen.

Writing Pleasure:

I write quite a bit, about 2-3 hours minimum a day. Therefore, rather than just beauty, I also tend to look at fontionality. I take notes, lots of them in classes and corret them afterwords. Since I am in Law School, reading and writing are and going to be part of my life. Most of other guys and gals are using fancy laptops and I opted for fountain pens. Even though I started with a laptop, later I found that writing gave me better comprehension of the various subject matter and motivation to go to classes to "WRITE". Believe me, I do get some nice looks from lots of ladies including guys who come afterwards inquiring about my the pens.

I have been using Pelikan M800 with medium nib for quite some time. I thought that was the pen to beat! Was I wrong? Yes, definately.

Some of my exams are three hours long and it envolves 100% writing at Mac-2 Jet speed. I usually stretch my arm ones in a while to give it a rest while writing with Pelikan M800. I could have opted for smaller and tiny pens but I like the size and feel of Pelikan M800. Therefore, Omas celluloid being almost similar in size and feel but very light on weight feels wonderful. It is an extension of my hand.

The Omas (both fine and mediunm nibs) puts down nice wet and juicy line with just soft touch on the paper. I feel like writing more than required for the exam and that is not a good sign for the law student but it tells you how good the pens are made. The celluloid pens are really work of art. It is really a pleasure to carry one of them and write with it. I only wish that the school should allow a bottle of wine to be brought to an exam, then it would be a perfect moment. Who thought that an exams could be stressful? and I bet more kids would be aiming for higer education. Cultivation of mind and spirit

Nib:

The Omas fine is almost similar in width to Pelikan M800 medium nib and the medium Omas is just litte bigger but both Omas(es) write wetter. That is just perfect for me. I am still going to be using my Pelikan M800 for most of my writings but I will use my Omas during the exams and side notes on the paper. Omas tends to put down wet line with just a soft touch on any paper that I have used.

Therefore depending on the choice of ink...some wirtings can take little longer to dry. I have tested the pens on Clairefontaine, Moleskine and other cheap papers and have not had any issue with nibs giving wrong indication. They are smooth with slight feedback.

Beauté:

Aesthetic...the both are equilly beautiful. I really have not seen anything that is comparison to celluloid Omas under the light. It shimmers or glows and it has very pleasing feeling.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you have about my Omas(es). I would love to answer them to best of my experience.

Photos:

I just took them not too long ago under the natural light. I hope that you enjoy them as I do.

http://www.duvadie.com/pictures/DSC05244.gif

http://www.duvadie.com/pictures/DSC05247.gif

http://www.duvadie.com/pictures/DSC05242.gif

http://www.duvadie.com/pictures/DSC05251.gif

http://www.duvadie.com/pictures/DSC05248.gif

Au revoir,

Ashish Duvadie

Ottawa, Canada :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by duvadie

A. Duvadie

esq.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duvadie

• TheNobleSavage

• southpaw

• KentK

Sorry for the typos...I am still learning how to use the message board.

ashish

Edited by duvadie

A. Duvadie

esq.

Thank you for the review and photos! I have the Bronze Arco and Saffron Blue and agree that they are equally beautiful depending upon the mood.

Kent

Fantastic pens - you've got a couple of beautiful ones there! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to get one of each also, but even one of them is not likely to happen. I do have some of the regular vegetable resin Omas pens and they are a pure delight. Enjoy!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

GeoCitites says:

"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer."

Must be big pictures or a small allocation. :)

For some reason, I am having trouble posting photos. I also realized that there is lots of typos on my original writing. Next time, I will have to remember to check for errors before posting. I also need to find out why I am having trouble posting these photos. Sorry fo the typos...

Ashish Duvadie

A. Duvadie

esq.

Beautiful pens! I've had an eye for the Arco Bronze for a while...

Pedro

Looking for interesting Sheaffer OS Balance pens

These are some really Gorgeous looking pens. I have always loved the OMAS celluloid pens, especially the Arco Bronze.

Wonderful review and I hope you really enjoy your pens

TNS

Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites

Fountain Pen Reviews

Ink Reviews

As to the typos, I've had the same problem. A simple trick if you have time is to write your message in a word processing program, run the spell check, then copy & paste.

Too long a process for a simple note but makes editing easier if you have a complete review.

By the way, thanks for your excellent review. Most interesting.

Great review. May I suggest Omas Sepia for Arco Brown. Just a hint more orange tone inside, compared to yellow in Herbin Lie de The.

Sorry for the typos...I am still learning how to use the message board.

ashish

Wow! Beautiful pens and nice pictures. :)

Ashish, don't worry about the typos. I routinely have to revise my posts because I didn't type something properly the first time. And the pictures seem to be coming in just fine now, (3/16 a.m.) so if whatever you did seems to be working fine.

Thanks for sharing!

TMann

Great review. May I suggest Omas Sepia for Arco Brown. Just a hint more orange tone inside, compared to yellow in Herbin Lie de The.

I was in Montreal yesterday. I went into Birks store looking for Omas inks. They did not have Sepia ink on stock. I guess that I would have to content with Lie de Thé for a while. I was wondering what size nib, do you have on your Arco. I have medium and it has a slight feedback. Does yours have the same character (i.e. smooth, buttery smooth, little scratchy, etc.) I would appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

A. Duvadie

esq.

Is that a silver clip or is it gold? the blue royale roller ball pen i held today was silver

sam

Gold.

A. Duvadie

esq.