The Montblanc Thick_A short Review

FP Writing

Hello all

i happened to inked up the Montblanc a while back and took the chancce to do a

short review, hope you like it.

I bought this at a low price because the previous owner's name "iwamoto"

was neatly inscribed in font 7 :rolleyes:

Large image : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/SN3l...+149+review.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/SN3lsDBeq_I/AAAAAAAABwU/_y072NOjSSk/s320/MB%20149%20review.JPG

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FP Writing

• FrankB

• jonro

• Brian

Nice review, something different. Sometimes I can't read handwritten reviews, but your handwriting is clear and large enough to read. The MB 149 really is a nice pen. My only small complaint is that the fine nib runs wide, which your handwritten review demonstrates.

Nice review of a great pen. I like the engraved name on it which some people do not like. It adds character and history to it. Ever wonder all the things the prior owner did with his pen?

Interesting Thought

the pen could have once been sold in Japan. As the instruction paper is also in Japanese words.

Somehow it got to someone in USA and she puts on ebay and found a insterested buyer :unsure: So the pen maybe was first sold in japan, ges to USA and comes to Singapore.

It travelled more than me.

The nib runs a little wet.

Maybe German nibs are broader on the whole like the Pelikans.

Somehow i like the shape of the 149.

Bu i think the Laban Mento is also of such a shape and at a lower price.

I am thinking of getting one soon, and then another review of Laban Thick.

Thank you for another creative review.

I like 149's very much, so much that I have four of them with different sized nib points. I find my F nib does run a bit wet, a does my M, but the B and BB nibs run a bit dry. But writingwith them all is fun, and for me the pens are very comfortable.

An engraved name would not bother me at all. I am quite intrigued at the idea of having a pen that started it working life in Japan.

If you like the 149's size, you will probably also like the Laban Mento. The pens are nearly the same size. The Mento's section is just a bit smaller in diameter, and the nib is not as large as the 149's. I like the Mento so much, I have three of them with F, M and B nibs. The pen is every bit as comfortable in my hand as the 149's. My Mento F and M nibs are steel, and I think they run a little dry, but they are excellent writers. My B nib is 14k gold, and it writes a true B line without being wet.

This is a concise and 'affectionate' review--you clearly love the pen!

I like the 149 very much; but hadn't had much luck getting one myself due to the high price for a new pen. Always too slow for good deals too :(. The closest I get to a pen style like the 149 is the full size Sailor 1911. Even so it is a size nearer to 146/147 than the 149. Your 149 is a stately pen. As you said, it will probably last a long time with regular care.

You are from Singapore! Great. So am I! We do not have pen shows in Singapore, regretfully. Fancy inks and papers are harder to come by too, compared to the US.

AAA

congratulation on a very nice acquisition! :embarrassed_smile:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a234/sinthavalai/lamy2000.jpg

My fountain pens:

Parker Duofold, Sonnet,Premier

Pelikan Souverän M1000, M800, M805, M600, M400 White tortoise

Sheaffer Legacy Heritage, Valor,

Lamy 2000, Vista, Safari, Joy ,Studio

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Pilot 78G

Thank you for a wonderful review, great writing. I am going to have to get a 149 some day in my collection.

Best wishes.