I really had to buy another

OldGriz

I really had to buy this one even though I owned a brand new one...

Pelikan 200 Old Style Burgundy... I just love the color of this pen and it is not made anymore. I scored this one on eBay NIB for only $42.00 including insured shipping from Germany.... You see it really was something that had to be bought...

I have one from Richard with one of his fantastic .7 cursive italic nibs.

This one has a broad nib... I was not sure if I would like it, but it is a surprisingly nice nib to write with. It lays down a nice wet line with the Noodler's RedBlack ink and it not too broad for my style of writing.... besides I figured if I did not like the broad nib, it is easier to make a broad nib smaller than make a small nib bigger.

I am addicted to this color in a Pelikan and wish I could find it in a 600 or 800... of course that would mean even more money spent... and SWHTM does not know about this one yet... :blush: :blush:

http://www.myfavoritepen.com/FPN/Pelikan200.jpg

Edited by OldGriz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldGriz

• Gatorade

• KCat

• Rique

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that takes care of you now. As I recall your "Pen Hotel" only had room for one more and now you went and bought it. Feel free to purchase more and send them to me as I have room for a few here. I would be sure and send you progress reports on how they are doing! :rolleyes:

Looks like you found another great pen there Griz!

Best use of a pen:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Gator_b8/DANNYSICOVER.jpg

Well I guess that takes care of you now. As I recall your "Pen Hotel" only had room for one more and now you went and bought it. Feel free to purchase more and send them to me as I have room for a few here. I would be sure and send you progress reports on how they are doing! :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you.... :P :P :P But the last time Michael's had a sale I went up and bought 4 more cases.... 1 for my daughter and 3 for me...

SOOOOOO, I have more than enough room at the inn... :D :D

OldGriz, this pen looks like a hybrid to me... The nib is a steel M200 one, but the body belongs to the M250 models, which were produced in the 90´s and which are still available in Brazil (but with gold nibs, and prices around 120 usd). As far as I know, the M200 were only produced in marbled colours (in the 90´s) and translucent bodies (nowadays). I´ve never seen solid burgundy or black M200, but I´ve seen M250 with these colours.

Anyway, very nive pen for a very good price! Congratulations!

Rique

Well I guess that takes care of you now. As I recall your "Pen Hotel" only had room for one more and now you went and bought it. Feel free to purchase more and send them to me as I have room for a few here. I would be sure and send you progress reports on how they are doing!  :rolleyes:

Sorry to disappoint you.... :P :P :P But the last time Michael's had a sale I went up and bought 4 more cases.... 1 for my daughter and 3 for me...

SOOOOOO, I have more than enough room at the inn... :D :D

:doh: Oh well. Did you try to remove the bottom yet? I posted pics in the last thread about mine with the extra bonus storage.

So I guess since you bought 4 more then you aren't trying to hide the grand collection from your wife anymore? :D

I guess by getting your daughter hooked you now have a perfect excuse. She must love being able to pick out a lump of wood an have you produce a beautiful pen from it. Are you teaching her the art as well?

Edited by Gatorade

Best use of a pen:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Gator_b8/DANNYSICOVER.jpg

OldGriz, this pen looks like a hybrid to me... The nib is a steel M200 one, but the body belongs to the M250 models, which were produced in the 90´s and which are still available in Brazil (but with gold nibs, and prices around 120 usd). As far as I know, the M200 were only produced in marbled colours (in the 90´s) and translucent bodies (nowadays). I´ve never seen solid burgundy or black M200, but I´ve seen M250 with these colours.

Rique

Rique you may be right, regarding Tom's pen being an M250, if you look at this reference site:

http://www.ruettinger-web.de/e-pelikan-modell-m75-m250.html

But about the nib: Pelikan has some weird export policy, some colours were made for export only, some barrels have different kind of nibs in different regions and so on.

Well, Tom, :P I've got an export only old style M600 in Burgundy since December '05 with 18K nib (the nib is my only disappointment: it is floooddyy) for more than $100 :doh: . It has exactly the same nice colour as yours.

BTW: Montblanc had exactly the same Burgundy/Bordeaux colour for it's Meisterstück models some years ago.

Rique

You may be right. The first one I purchased was from Richard and he has them listed under the 200/250 heading. Being new to Pelikans I am most likely wrong...

But I figured even with a plated nib I could not go wrong for the price I paid... and now I have 2 of them...

Did you try to remove the bottom yet? I posted pics in the last thread about mine with the extra bonus storage.

So I guess since you bought 4 more then you aren't trying to hide the grand collection from your wife anymore?  :D

I guess by getting your daughter hooked you now have a perfect excuse. She must love being able to pick out a lump of wood an have you produce a beautiful pen from it. Are you teaching her the art as well?

I haven't removed the bottom yet... one of these days... it will make a great place to hide some of the collection that needs to be restored from my wife... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Of course I keep telling her they are for investment purposes... once I get around to restoring them I can sell them for more than I paid.... HEY, it sounds good to me.. :blush: :blush:

As for my daughter, at this point she is happy picking her favorite wood for a pen.. she is a bit too young to work the lathe yet at 7 yr old, but she loves being in the shop with me when I work.... and even better, she likes sweeping up the chips from under the lathe for me... She has decided that is her job since I do the hard work... Who am I to complain.. :P :P

Edited by OldGriz

I know SWMBO, but what's SWHTM stand for?

My guess is "she who holds the money".

And I love that old style M200 in burgundy. Didn't one of the KC??'s show us a picture of one of those a while back? (Sorry to get you confused.)

Great deal! Congrats and enjoy!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)