Diamine Washable Blue

girlieg33k

-- Click the thumbnail image to view the review in 800-pixels (default)

-- Click the links below the thumbnail image to view the review in alternative views (600-pixels or full-size)

Usual disclaimer: Colour representation is not always accurate in a scanned image, reproduction of the scanned image in different computer monitors, and variations in pen/paper combinations.

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Goodwhiskers

• blueiris

• girlieg33k

• Mannenhitsu

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review! You mention that it's not reminiscent of any other blues, yet on my monitor, it reminds me a bit of Diamine Royal Blue and perhaps Florida Blue, too. How is this one in relation to those others?

I'm having trouble keeping up with all the Diamine blues!

Hmmm, another one! Diamine is covering all aspects of the blue spectrum, or at least trying.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Thanks for the review!

Has anyone who has both this ink and a blue eradicator (Pelikan Super Pirat, Bic Effaçeur, etc.) tried the latter on the former?

Thanks for the review! You mention that it's not reminiscent of any other blues, yet on my monitor, it reminds me a bit of Diamine Royal Blue and perhaps Florida Blue, too. How is this one in relation to those others?

I'm having trouble keeping up with all the Diamine blues!

Interestingly enough, I think if one mixes Diamine Royal Blue with Diamine Florida Blue, this could be the result. This has a turquoise tinge to it that I don't see in Royal Blue. Diamine Florida Blue however has more than a turquoise tinge -- it is a turquoise coloured ink. I don't particularly like turquoise inks and have given away bottles like Waterman SS Blue and PR Blue Suede because of it.

However, this one and Diamine Florida Blue are different to me because of the shading properties and the subtlety of the turquoise. This one balances a medium blue tone with turquoise nicely, and not just straight out harsh turquoise, which I've not seen before. Hope that makes sense.

Has anyone who has both this ink and a blue eradicator (Pelikan Super Pirat, Bic Effaçeur, etc.) tried the latter on the former?

I've not tried any eradicators. May I ask why someone would try an ink eradicator in general? I'm curious.. Ink eradicators make ink invisible, right? Are you asking how easily this one could be erased?

Edited by girlieg33k

Talking about fountain pens is like dancing about architecture.

I will have to add a bottle of this ink to my future list of "blues" that I will have to buy. From what I see, the hue and overall color look very nice. I will have to buy a bottle of this ink, and see how it stands up to the two other Diamine blue ink that I have. :thumbup:

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Interestingly enough, I think if one mixes Diamine Royal Blue with Diamine Florida Blue, this could be the result. This has a turquoise tinge to it that I don't see in Royal Blue. Diamine Florida Blue however has more than a turquoise tinge -- it is a turquoise coloured ink. I don't particularly like turquoise inks and have given away bottles like Waterman SS Blue and PR Blue Suede because of it.

However, this one and Diamine Florida Blue are different to me because of the shading properties and the subtlety of the turquoise. This one balances a medium blue tone with turquoise nicely, and not just straight out harsh turquoise, which I've not seen before. Hope that makes sense.

That does make sense and is very helfpul. Thank you. :)

I've not tried any eradicators. May I ask why someone would try an ink eradicator in general? I'm curious.. Ink eradicators make ink invisible, right? Are you asking how easily this one could be erased?

Yes, that's what I'm asking. The eradicators look like fiber-tipped markers. They are widely available in Europe. Only a few retailers here in the USA sell them right now, but Pelikan's distributor here does import them. The active ingredient, according to FPN member Michael Richter, is a sulfate or sulfite solution that breaks the dye molecules of many "washable blue" inks into smaller ones that no longer act like a visible dye. The other end of the marker has a tip with a blue ink that isn't affected by the eradicator.

(edited for grammar)

(added) They are convenient for school assignments that must be handwritten in ink, essay tests, and other situations where one wishes to combine the smudge resistance and easy legibility of ink (when long-term archiving isn't the goal) with the ability to erase mistakes.

Edited by Goodwhiskers

Very nice ink. I definitely see the turquoise. I like the shading. Thanks for the review.

Regards,

Ray