J. Herbin Cyclamen Rose

limesally

this is really pretty, but I'm not sure it warrants getting a whole bottle. I tried writing an entire page of it in my journal, but it's kind of annoying to read afterward.

eta: holy moly. I am now discovering the frustrations of trying to get a true colour scan. OK, the background paper looks pink, but it's not. But I'm not sure how to adjust it otherwise to get the ink color to show correctly. Suggestions?

post-7714-1198170954_thumb.jpg

Edited by limesally

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• limesally

• Lloyd

• BklynWriter

• GouletPens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife would love that!

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

Yay! A very kind FPN member, dwmatteson, corrected the image so it actually looks like it should. Many thanks, Don! See, with the proper white contrast it looks even *more* girly :D

http://aycu27.webshots.com/image/34986/2006388257222089885_rs.jpg

limesally, I wish I could tell you what you would need to do to get the paper to not appear pink. I will do a review of Rose Cyclamen, too, and see if it comes out the same way. If it does and I can correct it, I will let you know what I did. I'll do this within the next 2 weeks--maybe sooner than later!

My experience is about the same as yours with this ink, though to my eyes it is a slightly purplish pink. I'll show it with a different pen.

Best, Ann

Oh! I see you've got it corrected--hooray!!!

Edited by Ann Finley

Ya but a HOT Girly! Sure does look a lot like the samples that I've seen. The shading is nice. Thanks for posting it. It is one that I've been considering.

I'm not a real girly type but it's still pretty and different.

Cedar

Ok,

I have to admit that once, when no one was looking, I actually filled a pen and wrote with this ink for a week or so...

I think it's my wife's favorite FP ink color :wub:

Cheers,

Tom

I found this ink to fade rapidly under sunlight.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

I found a canister of this ink locally, and immediately had to have it. I love this color. It is exactly what I was looking for--HOT pink. I also have a bottle of Shah's Rose, which online, looks like hot pink...but it more of a bright rose. I will try to do a comparison of the two when I return home after the holidays.

deb

Wow, now that is hot pink. My sister will love this ink colour. Thanks for the sample Limesally. :)

~ Manisha

"A traveller am I and a navigator, and everyday I discover a new region of my soul." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Now, THAT is girlie! Wowzer. And I thought Noodlers Socrates was girlie. Hah! It's not even close compared to this ink. I'll have to tell my daughter about this one.

I looked on the Noodler's website and did not see Socrates. Is it a color from a certain seller?

Mike

Now, THAT is girlie! Wowzer. And I thought Noodlers Socrates was girlie. Hah! It's not even close compared to this ink. I'll have to tell my daughter about this one.

I looked on the Noodler's website and did not see Socrates. Is it a color from a certain seller?

Mike

Among USA-domiciled stores, Noodler's Socrates is an exclusive for Pendemonium. None of the store-exclusive colors (at Pendemonium, Art Brown, Swisher pens, Airline International, The Writing Desk, The Fountain Pen Ink Shop, and one in Germany?) are listed on the official Noodler's website.

• 1 month later...
this is really pretty, but I'm not sure it warrants getting a whole bottle. I tried writing an entire page of it in my journal, but it's kind of annoying to read afterward.

I use it for corrections and marginal notes. Pink is useful because it doesn't show up when photocopied. Unfortunately, this stuff has a touch of blue in it.

Okay, I really want this ink now! Thanks for the scan -- can't believe I didn't buy it earlier today. :)

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

Thank you for a good review, limesally. This is yet another review I somehow missed when it was first posted. I guess it was a busy Christmas season and I missed a lot of stuff on FPN.

I do not give a flip how girly this ink might be, I love it! I have always seen it as "rose," but it is definitely "hot." It has a shimmering, fluorescent quality in person that I doubt can be captured in a scan. It seems to be alive on paper. I do a lot of writing for organizational and church newspapers and newsletters, and I do a lot of editing. This has been my favorite editing and notation ink for many years. I shall use this ink for as long as Herbin makes it.

In another thread, a FPNer asked what the most romantic ink color might be. My wife loves pink. Whether or not I think it is a romantic color, she sure does. I write my cards and notes to her in this ink and she thinks they come straight from Heaven. :thumbup:

Edited by FrankB

I bought this color for my wife after testing it at a local shop. WOW! "Alive" is definitely the right term for it.

I know a lot of men think pink is "girly" but I am assured that it is not at all a girly color in Japan. This ink reminds me a lot of "Cherry Blossom Red." This is the color chosen by Subaru for their STi division, and thei STi badges feature it. I have a glowing STI badge in the center of my tachometer that greets me with this color every morning.

It's grown on me.

I don't know if I'd ink up with it, though if I do I certainly would have to doodle STi logos all day :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/STi_logo.gif

• 1 month later...

What a lotta 'sexist labelling' ;)

I have this ink and just think it's a beautiful colour.... I wouldn't use it for a whole lot of writing, and NOT on pink paper!

(Nice for your Valentine cards!)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)