Noodler's Squeteague

KendallJ

I will let you know that on my screen, the scan looks a little more washed out than on the original, but then inks are bound to look a little different in different lights.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/justiniano/Squeteague.jpg

Oh, here is some of the sample pics from various websites.

Pendemonium - showing the "green-black" rendering.

http://www.pendemonium.com/images/inks/ni_squ.jpg

Edited by KendallJ

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KendallJ

• chad234

• KCat

• Free Citizen

Guest Denis Richard
hmmm... no comments huh? Is the color a boor?

:lol: well... I'm actually a bit disappointed. I thought it was a greenish-blue, and turns out to be a blueish-green... but KCat told me already about that.

On the other hand, with my troubles identifying colors between green and blue, it might actually be a greenish-blue to my eyes, in real life.

Edited by Denis Richard

Looks more like a blue-black from my side. Very executive looking.

T-H Lim

Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.

:lol: well... I'm actually a bit disappointed. I thought it was a greenish-blue, and turns out to be a blueish-green... but KCat told me already about that.

Yup, if you're looking for a greenish blue of roughly the same saturation, then I would try her Ottoman Azure. I just got a vial of it from her, and while it's greener than the Noodler's blues, it's definitely bluer than Squeteague.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

i love the squeteague - it looks stunning in a fine or medium flexible nib.

thanks very much, Kendall. I enjoyed the review very much. Always nice to see how an ink performs in a different hand.

Nathan's got a good thing going if he can survive it..

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Nice Review!! Writing an ink review rather than typing it out really adds a touch of class.

We are all lovers of the written word, we all know the emotion and imagery it can carry. The extra effort you put into your review really shows and is greatly appreciated.

Thank you Sir!!!

As of now, my favorite green is PR Spearmint, it is very green and I love its intensity. Its brightness makes words really stand out on the page. However, I can not use it at work. My employer (a County government) requires that all writing be in black ink, though I rock the boat by using blue-black or sometimes even a straight blue. I am a rebel, I live on the edge like that B) B) B) B) B) B)

Seriously though, I use green ink for making notations and editing documents. In contrast, many people use red (which I use for a different purpose), however, I find that green is more visually appealing, still stands out on the page, and is a "friendler" color. If you hand someone a document they wrote covered in red ink for corrections, they are usually not happy, do the same in green and it does seem to upset anyone.

I have ordered some Noodler's Verund green from Swisher's. It may turn out to be my new fave. I realy dig the waterproofness of their inks!!

Seriously though, I use green ink for making notations and editing documents. In contrast, many people use red (which I use for a different purpose), however, I find that green is more visually appealing,

I have ordered some Noodler's Verund green from Swisher's. It may turn out to be my new fave. I realy dig the waterproofness of their inks!!

Chad - thanks for your comments. I liked putting the review in the form of a scan, although Free Citizen and KCat started the trend.

I use both green and red for annotations, and that is the only time I like the brighter colors. Speaking of reds: I'd be interested in a review from anyone who has Anteitam or Tiananmen from Noodlers. Both look like interesting inks.

Noodler's Verund. Haven't heard of it, and I didn't see it on some fo the color charts. Is it new?

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Noodlers_Waterproof_Colors6.jpg

Borrowed from Swisher Pens.

I just got in the vials from Kcat, sned me your shipping info and I will send you out a sample when it comes in.

Thanks,

Chad

• 4 years later...

I just inked up a Pelikan M75 Go! with a sample of this today, and am really enjoying this color.

I've been into dark green lately--thanks to Kurt.