Noodler's Blue Ghost

beezaur

any links where i can get this ink online?

once you try a fountain pen you will be hooked.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shelley

• amberleadavis

• srullens

• beezaur

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Has anyone who has this tried this experiment:

Write a paragraph in regular bulletproof black.

Let it dry.

Write over the lines with some other message in blue ghost.

and

Opposite: write the secret message first, let dry, then write some cleartext message in black over that.

How well is the blue-ghost message visible in those two cases?

Has anyone who has this tried this experiment:

Write a paragraph in regular bulletproof black.

Let it dry.

Write over the lines with some other message in blue ghost.

and

Opposite: write the secret message first, let dry, then write some cleartext message in black over that.

How well is the blue-ghost message visible in those two cases?

Ha! I use this trick all the time in letters to my granddaughter, and she to me. The blue ghost message is perfectly visible either way. Usually we write the Blue Ghost message at right angles to the visible writing.

If you use a non-waterproof ink, you should write the Blue Ghost message first. Otherwise, the Blue Ghost will cause the non-waterproof ink to spread, and possibly to reveal part of what would otherwise be invisible.

He he I would love to try this ink-unfortunstely emails to onsellers in Australia (closest to NZ) have gone unanswered, and I have not found it in any shop here...

One day I will visit the states and then but Litres and Litres of ink...

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

He he I would love to try this ink-unfortunstely emails to onsellers in Australia (closest to NZ) have gone unanswered, and I have not found it in any shop here...

One day I will visit the states and then but Litres and Litres of ink...

Have you tried ordering from an American supplier? Say, Pendemonium, Swisher, Art Brown? (No connection with any.) I'm sure they would ship it to you if you pay the postge. (I don't know how much that would be, but possibly not so much.)

Right emailed-now to wait and see-by the way cats urine glows under a black light, does blue ghost have a smell?

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

Perhaps it would be useful if FPNers would mention all the practical uses (and fun uses) they have thought of for Blue Ghost ink.

I have only come up with two so far

1) Recording logins and passwords (I have many).

2) Marking "From the library of so-and-so" on the inside of books that are loaned out.

Do regular glasses block out UV light? I know sunglasses do, and I'm pretty sure car windshields do too.

Don't wanna hurt my eyes. :rolleyes:

Connoisseur of cheap Chinese pens.

Perhaps it would be useful if FPNers would mention all the practical uses (and fun uses) they have thought of for Blue Ghost ink.

I have only come up with two so far

1) Recording logins and passwords (I have many).

2) Marking "From the library of so-and-so" on the inside of books that are loaned out.

Add to those:

3) Making marginal notes in books that I may want to re-sell later, or that I want to keep apparently unsullied.

4) Making notes on review documents in a way that other reviewers will not be able to detect.

5) Making notes for review under darkened conditions without distracting others (I am an amateur astronomer -- white light destroys night vision, and red flashlight lenses sometimes let enough light through to annoy other viewers).

6) (This is not a use that I need, but someone might) Making notes that can be read under darkened conditions without attracting the notice of other people (you can't see the beam from an uv flashlight for any great distance -- of course, the user would not want to be dressed in anything white or that would flouresce under u/v.)

If "Blue Ghost" is mixed with other inks, will it make them glow in black light? Has anyone tried, and if so, what proportions?

If this is possible, then a mix could be used to create a unique "signature ink," more distinctive than use of "Whitness of the Whale" which is recommended by Nathan Tardiff for this purpose.

Ouch $37 for shipping plus the cost of the ink is too steep, i will leave it...

• 5 months later...
Ouch $37 for shipping plus the cost of the ink is too steep, i will leave it...

Excuse my somewhat late addition to this thread, I've only recently joined this forum.

Shelley, try Pen And Ink on the Gold Coast (www.penandink.com.au) who sell some Noodler's inks, including Blue Ghost. It's AUD25 but not sure about shipping charges to NZ.

Here's another possible use for the ink (naturally only after extensive toxicology studies):

Add Blue Ghost to the dog's water and use a darklight torch when walking through your backyard at night. No more stepping on 'unpleasantnesses' that might be difficult to see with a normal torch :rolleyes:

Edited by Harry R

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Mohandas Ghandi

Just completed a one (1) year test on Noodler's Blue Ghost ink. I wrote on a sheet of parchment and left it on a window sill for the last year. Today I looked at it under a black light and it was still very visible, no signs of fading. I really expected that the sun would have destroyed the "glow in the dark" property of the ink, but it did not. Granted the window sill in question is on the north side of my house, it is MY office, but it is still exposed to sunlight.

I wrote the test page using an XF nib, Lamy Safari, which is a very dry and scratchy nib. So the amount of ink in the sample is minimal.

• 1 month later...

I wrote a letter to my girl and mailed it to her with a cheap battery-powered fluro black light from eBay. She liked it B)

wonder how it works on carbon copy paper

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 1 year later...

I think that's an ingenious use for this. This is actually one of the uses that the company themselves suggest, they've literally written "personal highlighting" on the label, at least on my pelikanpens reseller bottle. I actually thought it would make a good prank to shop assistants with messages on bank notes.

I personally recommend investing in a dedicated pen for this ink - if you can't trust your pen to actually be perfectly flushed of any ink of any colour at all before dipping it in the bottle (I've revealed my pen prejudice very early into this first post, come to think of it). I think a dip pen is the ideal way to use this unless you truly do write a pen reservoir's worth of secret messages at once but a dedicated fountain pen as a highlighter would not be a bad investment for this ink since it is too expensive to spoil it by mixing with visible ink.

Edited by smr

I guess it will just wash away when you sweat.

I thought this was "bulletproof" ink? No washing away here, even with sweat :roflmho:

I'll admit to having blotted Luxury Blue onto my fingers while filling my pen and later washed the ink off without a problem.

It's bulletproof because it reacts with the cellulose in paper to, I think, stain the fibres themselves. You can wash the ink off (of course you can, it's water based to begin with) but the dyed paper fibres remain. Presumably you'd have to take those fibres out before the writing disappears. If there's no cellulose fibres to react with it's regular water based ink. It's even designed to be repelled by plastics so it'll wipe clean. I find it awfully clever work.

To be honest, I'm more concerned that someone is going to take "bulletproof" to its logical extreme, although those bottles are pretty solid if you had one in a pocket...

Edited by smr

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to get my sample of Blue Ghost from Pear Tree Pens. I have a Lamy Vista with a 1.1mm caligraphy nib and a cheap clear eyedropper FP that is clear also to try out the new ink. I ordered a 25w spiral black lightbulb online and its on the way too. What fun.

"Let us cross over the river and sit in the shade of the trees." Final words of General 'Stonewall' Jackson (d.1863) when killed in error by his own troops at the battle of Chancellorsville.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png