• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rbbrock

• eric.zamir

• scogre

• jorgerp1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a bottle of this several weeks ago, and really like the deepness of the blue. I like to use it primarily for marking documents up, so I/others can see changes/questions. Thanks for the review!

I really like this ink. I was a great fan of Sheaffer Peacock while in high school oh so many years ago, and Navajo is close, although more saturated.

I have my nice Parker "51" Vac in gray loaded with it now.

Peter

I have been using NT for amost a year now. I love the color. I currently have a Parker 45 flighter filled with it.

I have never seen this ink compared next to Noodler's (non-Navajo) Turquoise. Might anyone that has both like to compare this bright ink with the darker version?

Click for Ink Scans!!

WTB: (Blemished OK)

CdA Dunas // Stipulas! (esp w/ Titanio nib) // Edison Pearl

i really like this ink for some reason. a while ago i would have said it was way too light for my tastes, since i was a black ink only person, but thanks to fountain pens and namiki blue i cant wait to order all different colors of ink. especially this one.

-Nick

Thanks for the great review. Is the best way to compliment a review to say: "I ordered it because of your review"?

Well, I just ordered it because of your review. Thanks again!

Is the best way to compliment a review to say: "I ordered it because of your review"?

Well, I just ordered it because of your review.

Hey, me too! I just received it, actually, and haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I would be interested in seeing this alongside some other turquoises, such as Waterman SSB, Lamy Turquoise, and PR Naples Blue. The scan looks a really nice shade, but turquoise does not always scan well, so I'd like to know how far it differs from other turquoises "in real life". I already have the three I mentioned, and would not want to buy another turquoise which turns out not to differ much.

Edited by AndrewW

QUOTE (AndrewW @ Mar 12 2007, 11:22 AM)
I would be interested in seeing this alongside some other turquoises, such as Waterman SSB, Lamy Turquoise, and PR Naples Blue. The scan looks a really nice shade, but turquoise does not always scan well, so I'd like to know how far it differs from other turquoises "in real life". I already have the three I mentioned, and would not want to buy another turquoise which turns out not to differ much.

Hi Andrew - that's funny - I also bought up a bunch of Turquoises in the last year, ending up with the same three as you. Actually, I also got some NOS Super Quink Turquoise, which is nice, but is a little greenish and suffers from phenol pheathering.

I like the brilliance of Lamy turquoise (which doesn't flow that well, but works really well in my super wet Montegrappa Extra with B nib and massive ebanite feed), but enjoy the saturation and flow of Naples blue. Waterman SSB is a happy medium. I'd also be curious to know how Navajo fits in.

Still seeking the One Pen to Rule Them All...

AndrewW Posted on Mar 12 2007, 05:22 AM

Andrew,

PM me your address and I'll snail you a note with Waterman SSB, PR Naples, Diamine Aqua Blue, Navajo Turquoise and Visconti Turquoise. biggrin.gif

Also, I just compiled a few pages with all my current inks for future reference (I just received most of my inks in a big order), and although I don't have a scanner let me just say that Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and Diamine Aqua Blue are beautiful inks. They both provide dramatic shading, and to a similar degree. However, the Navajo is darker all-around than the Aqua (i.e. the more shaded portions are darker, but so are the less shaded portions). I like them both very much, and cannot decide which I prefer.

The PR Naples Blue was very, very saturated, to the point that except for the absolute lightest portions of the line it looks like a straight blue and not a turquoise.

The Visconti Turquoise, which I liked on its own, has a slight greenish tinge to it when viewed amongst the others. Some of you may prefer this in your turquoise; I do not. Oh, well, I suppose it will still look fine when there aren't several other turquoises immediately next to it.

The Waterman is fairly nondescript. It is a perfectly adequate ink, and has a good tone and shading, but it's just not as good as the Diamine and Noodler's.

Edit: I'm sorry I don't have a scanner or camera to post a pic of these; I wish I could.

Edited by rbbrock

QUOTE (rbbrock @ Mar 17 2007, 07:40 AM)
Also, I just compiled a few pages with all my current inks for future reference (I just received most of my inks in a big order), and although I don't have a scanner let me just say that Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and Diamine Aqua Blue are beautiful inks. They both provide dramatic shading, and to a similar degree. However, the Navajo is darker all-around than the Aqua (i.e. the more shaded portions are darker, but so are the less shaded portions). I like them both very much, and cannot decide which I prefer.

The PR Naples Blue was very, very saturated, to the point that except for the absolute lightest portions of the line it looks like a straight blue and not a turquoise.

The Visconti Turquoise, which I liked on its own, has a slight greenish tinge to it when viewed amongst the others. Some of you may prefer this in your turquoise; I do not. Oh, well, I suppose it will still look fine when there aren't several other turquoises immediately next to it.

The Waterman is fairly nondescript. It is a perfectly adequate ink, and has a good tone and shading, but it's just not as good as the Diamine and Noodler's.

Edit: I'm sorry I don't have a scanner or camera to post a pic of these; I wish I could.

I'm looking for some more turquoise. Up to now, I've been enjoying PR Naples Blue and Lamy Turquoise. The Naples flows great, but is a little dark. The Lamy is a brilliant, not washed-out color, on the blue side of turquoise, which I prefer. Quink is a little greenish and pale... I was wondering about: Noodler Navaho Turquoise, R & K Blue Mare, and Diamine Mediterranean Blue. Any comments? I want brilliant, free-flowing, saturated, and on the blue side... Thanks!

Still seeking the One Pen to Rule Them All...

• 2 years later...
I just purchased a bottle of Noodler's Navajo Turquoise from Origimi Ink in Asheville, NC and I LOVE it! Beautiful color and flows well for me.

She who laughs, lasts 61106869_10219479460406206_6753598647167

• 4 months later...