Noodlers Bad Blue Heron

penguinmaster

As with all my reviews I try to be consistent in color. However with the number of variables involved in matching a color to everyone's monitor, what you see on yours might not be the actual color, but it should be a fairly close representation.

This and all my other ink reviews are available at my site: Pens and Ink

http://facstaff.uww.edu/pellizzt/Ink%20Reviews/Noodlers%20Bad%20Blue%20Heron.jpg

Regards,

Tom

Edited by penguinmaster

My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penguinmaster

• dizzypen

• reprieve

• Inka

As with all my reviews I try to be consistent in color. However with the number of variables involved in matching a color to everyone's monitor, what you see on yours might not be the actual color, but it should be a fairly close representation.

This and all my other ink reviews are available at my site: Pens and Ink

http://facstaff.uww.edu/pellizzt/Ink%20Reviews/Noodlers%20Bad%20Blue%20Heron.jpg

Regards,

Tom

Great looking color and qualities. It appears very similar in color to my "High Pilot" Tuski-yo.

Brian

This one I like a lot, thanks for posting the review!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of nothing at all...

Nice looking ink, good characteristics as well from the sound of it.

it may actually be just in time to replace my love of Noodler's Coral Sea, seeing as I cannot afford to buy CS all the way from Australia.

I like Coral Sea because it's dark, but a cross between a green and a blue with some black tossed in the mix.

I like turquoise inks too but they're typically too light to use as a daily-carry ink for documents and signatures, so this might just fill the gap.

Thanks for the review!

“I view my fountain pens & inks as an artist might view their brushes and paints.

They flow across paper as a brush to canvas, transforming my thoughts into words and my words into art.

There is nothing else like it; the art of writing and the painting of words!”

~Inka~ [scott]; 5 October, 2009

Oh now I do like this one! No feathering on copy paper? Really? Are you taking about cheap 20lb copy paper? If so, I will definitely have to get a bottle of this. I've been looking for a BP blue that doesn't feather like crazy.

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Oh now I do like this one! No feathering on copy paper? Really? Are you taking about cheap 20lb copy paper? If so, I will definitely have to get a bottle of this. I've been looking for a BP blue that doesn't feather like crazy.

It is definitely on the cheapie copy paper!

-Tom

It is definitely on the cheapie copy paper!

-Tom

:D Oh Boy! *adds Bad Blue Heron to ink wish list*

Equal Opportunity Ink and Fountain Pen User.

My blog: The Dizzy Pen

Looks great. Thank you for the review! If I didn't have Legal Lapis, then this would definitely be a blue ink for me. Hmm, I wonder if Nathan's gonna make a brown ink with the same concept. If so, I might have to order my first brown ink.

-O

PM,

Thanks for the ink review. This ink looks a tad like Noodler's other ink: Legal Lapis. Can you compare with your sample from your binder of ink reviews and provide a comment?

Signum1

PM,

Thanks for the ink review. This ink looks a tad like Noodler's other ink: Legal Lapis. Can you compare with your sample from your binder of ink reviews and provide a comment?

Signum1

I'll do you one better. Here is a scan of them compared. Quite a difference in my eyes when you actually see them together.

http://facstaff.uww.edu/pellizzt/comparisons/comparelglpsbbh.jpg

I love the color! I have this ink on pre-order with Swisher Pens, and now I can't wait for it to get here!

PM,

Now that's what I call prompt service. Thank you!

Yes, I see the difference between the two samples you supplied. However, the shade is not saturated enough for me to add it to my ink collection. All in all, thanks for taking the time in responding.

Cheers,

Signum1

I agree Signum1, it is quite a light color.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u18/Henrylouis16/Aurora%20Talentum/IMG_3779.jpg

On the Swisherpens site, Bad Blue Heron looks a little washed out, but not in your scan. Swisher Pen Bad Blue Heron

In the scanned review, it looks a lot closer to Noodler's Ottoman Azure. I love the Ottoman Azure, but it isn't waterproof at all.

• Is this ink anywhere close to the azure?
  • Does the ink have any sediment or grit problems like the Baystate series?

Time flies like an arrow;

Fruit flies like a banana.

---- Groucho Marx

So I just received my bottle of Bad Blue Heron from Swisher. The label is quite possibly the best Noodler's Ink label ever! I adore the color, it seems to flow well thus far, there is zero feathering on any of my papers... so I am quite happy with it. Bad Blue Heron is the ink I will be using for postcards, addressing envelopes, and writing checks. My only complaint is the smell. Is it just me, or does this ink stink like a permanent marker?

Has anyone used this in a pen with an ink window? Any staining?

<b>Montblanc</b>: 149 M

<b>Visconti</b>: Wall Street LE F, Van Gogh M Cursive Italic

<b>Parker</b>: Yellowstone DJ 51, 51 1943 Vac, 51 Aero, Vac 1946

<b>Pelikan</b>: 405 Binder Stub, 405 Binder xxf/xxxf Flex DuoPoint , 405 EF

<b>Aurora</b>: 88K

<b>Stipula</b>: Etruria Amber F

<b>Sheaffer</b>: Lifetime Triumph 1942-48

<b>Sailo</b><b>r</b>: Professional Gear EF

<b>Esterbroo</b>k: J, SJ

<b>Waterman's</b>: Ideal 55

<b>Pilot</b>: Faceted Vanishing Point F, Stealth VP OB Mottishaw Stub

Has anyone used this in a pen with an ink window? Any staining?

I put it in my Aurora Optima. I'll let you know in a week or so when it's time to flush and refill.