Pen Kimonos- A Group Shot

mchenart

My pens are usually large sized, and I had to ask them to make it even larger. They will fit any pens as long as it is not Nakaya cigar model or Namiki Emperor.

The pen I will be having is 165mm in length.

then their pen wraps and pouches are perfect for you. enjoy them. i'm getting envious. :rolleyes:

-rudy-

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mchenart

• Dhruv_Sood

• rudyhou

• trulylefty

Thank you. :)

It's still being made though, will get it in 15-20 days.

do post some pics if you can. i'm sure the rest of us will just drool over your brand new pen wrap.

-rudy-

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, here are the pics of Sakura-rain wrap case:

http://i.minus.com/j23Fixe0wavlo.JPGhttp://i.minus.com/jbimPDLreCeAkZ.JPGhttp://i.minus.com/jbauj7kqT7CxGl.JPGhttp://i.minus.com/jb1iDSOQZukPgh.JPG

Took them 15 days to make it and 12 days by post to arrive here. :)

very nice indeed. you just made me think about getting another pen wrap from them. who knows? maybe they can make the pen slot slightly smaller for me, 'cause i sure love their handwork.

-rudy-

Well, it's nice. But why get another of the same type?

Shouldn't you try some variety?

Not saying that they are bad. I'd like to collect all their designs. But that will take a lot of time since I don't buy pens too often.

Edit: Hey, where are the pictures of your first pen wrap?

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

It doesn't seem very protective, however, it's more than beautiful to enjoy.

I have one came with Nakaya but I wouldn't mind to pay some extra for better kimono case.

As promised, here are the pics of Sakura-rain wrap case:

Took them 15 days to make it and 12 days by post to arrive here. :)

Beautiful! I'm sure you will enjoy using it.

Thanks all.

Hard luck though, it's going back. If you can see the longer pen in picture, it's almost at the flap which covers the pens. The pen is 15cms in length and I specified that I need a pen wrap which can hold 165mm long pens.

They have given me 2 options:

1. They will transfer back $30 and I get to keep the case.

2. I send it back to them at my cost and they will make a new one. The shipping cost I will pay will be refunded via PayPal.

Now, it's going to take another 45 days to get the new one once I send this. FML.

Edit: They admitted that the didn't make it to my specifications.

Edited by Dhruv_Sood

I have one of Andy Lambrou's elongated custom KofP, as well as an ironwood Platinum Izumo, each of which is about 17 cm long, as is a Nakaya long cigar that I'm thinking about having made. I wrote to Chan's Handmade today to see if he can make me one of these beauties to accommodate them.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I think Izumo maxes out at 165mm, no clue about KOP. Long Cigar is 174mm.

The design matters a lot, the case cannot be made bigger than the pattern. Like my Sakura rain pattern, the case cannot be made for pens longer than 170mm.

The ironwood Izumo actually is a few mm longer than the Tamenuri ones. According to the table on nibs.com, the Nakaya Long Cigar measures 16.84 cm closed.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.