QuoVadis 21 planner

spotted and speckled

I got this cool planner in the mail, and I promised to review it, so here goes:

The QuoVadis planner 21 is a daily planner--one day on a page. Plenty of room to write my to-do list, appointments, even my food diary (to help me keep track of what I eat--writing it down brings it to the forefront of my mind so I pay more attention to what I eat. I always lose weight by doing this!). I have never used a daily planner before, and it seemed like it was going to be too much paper/bulk to carry around, but it's not. It is supposed to b a "daily desk" calendar, but I just throw it in my big purse (or backpack when I go to work), and ditched the other assorted notebooks I had in there. I can write eveything in here.

I got a basic black one, about 5 x7, with sleek, smooth paper. Pleasing to the touch, and the golden almond color paper is easy on the eyes. The paper is smooth, and sewn in, so no pages will come loose, ever. In addition to the daily pages, there are also monthly pages and a 2010 planning calendar, so you can get a big-picture view of what life holds in store for you. It has holidays printed on the individual pages as well as a different page for international holidays (Could someone please tell me WHY some calendars don't have the holidays printed on them?? So I can make my own?), which is actually useful if I travel overseas this year. (I wasted a day of a trip once because it was a national holiday & the entire country--or so it seemed--was closed and we couldn't do anything!) International dialing codes, a US map of time zones, and a telephone book are also included. I was thinking that a few blank pages in the back would be nice, but at the same time, there is a lot of room to write in there so I really don't know that I would need it.

The planner is printed in a dark blue, which looks good against the sleek almond paper. Soothing. Black & white can be so cold, you know? I wrote in it with a broad point fountain pen (using Baystate Blue Noodler's ink), and the ink did not spread out or blur--but if the ink line was too wet, it did show part-way through the other side of the paper. Baystate does this, so it could have just been the ink, as is did not do it with other inks, and the paper was certainly well-behaved with any ballpoint or rollerballs I have so far used.

This is the first QuoVadis planner I have owned, although I have certainly looked at them before. I'll have to see how the year goes, and how much more room I need (they have bigger ones), and then next year get one with a cooler cover.

http://quovadisplanners.com/catalog/journal21

I like it!

(My day generally runs from 6am-9pm, and the planner runs from 8am-9pm, so it's close match. I don't think ANY planner has a 6am time slot!)

Much Love--Virginia

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghost Plane

• spotted and speckled

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah! Another B nib lover. The highly saturated inks do seem to show thru on occasion - I'm currently loaded with Private Reserve. The best inks on that paper turn out to be Herbin - perfect behavior, no show thru and they dry much faster.