Noodler's Konrad

watch_art

I found this pen in a box of ink. ;)

So I have no clue where to find one or how much they are. :)

med_gallery_41188_9_38500.jpg

Opened up. Filled with Noodler's Blue. It's been in there for about two months and still writes when I put it to paper.

med_gallery_41188_9_19696.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_29193.jpg

And this? Honestly the smoothest best writing Noodler's pen I've ever used. Very very impressed.

med_gallery_41188_9_11987.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_47091.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_150257.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• Scribblesoften

• ddustinn

• terminal

I keep looking at the ebonite Konrads, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $20 price over a regular resin body one. Although the green mottled ebonite one was sure nice looking.

Fortunately, for me, they're out of stock at the Goulets at the moment.... :rolleyes: So, for the time being, it's a moot point.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: I will say that I like the regular Konrads a whole bunch, and definitely want to get another one to replace the one I lost last fall.

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

That looks awesome. I didn't realize they made one with a black cap and blind cap. I wish I'd gotten an ebonite Konrad when they were available. I hope they'll release more of them someday.

That is the only ebonite Konrad that I have seen with the black ebonite mixed with the swirled. Most are all the same material. That is a lovely pen.

I keep looking at the ebonite Konrads, but I'm not sure I can justify the extra $20 price over a regular resin body one. Although the green mottled ebonite one was sure nice looking.

Fortunately, for me, they're out of stock at the Goulets at the moment.... :rolleyes: So, for the time being, it's a moot point.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: I will say that I like the regular Konrads a whole bunch, and definitely want to get another one to replace the one I lost last fall.

Yeah same here... though if you watch Brian's video he shows how the ebonite konrad is actually different in other ways then just the material. I think they also may be finished better.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

I don't know about finish compared to the others b/c I haven't handled them, but I will say again that the nib on this is THE BEST Noodler's nib I've ever written with.

Beautiful pen color. I was not impressed with the Ahab, reluctant to pay the extra money for the Konard.

God is my Strength.

Brad http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

Beautiful pen color. I was not impressed with the Ahab, reluctant to pay the extra money for the Konard.

+1

The only difference for me was I have the resin Konrad, and I'm not sure if I want to pay the extra for the same thing in Ebonite. The nib was scratchy on my resin, and I ended up swapping in a Knox nib and No-nonsense feed to make mine usable, which of course cancelled any flex-effect. Very disappointed with the pen, but happy it was adaptable.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Yeah same exact story for me. Needless to say, I haven't wanted to sink $40 in to an ebonite one when the resin one was.... disappointing, as you say.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

I have had both, the resin and the ebonite. I actually bought two of the resin pens. I have since given both of them away. The ebonite, on the other, is still in heavy rotation. There have been some reports of quality issues with the ebonites but far less than with the resin pens. When the ebonites are re-stocked I plan to buy at least one more.

Edited by Scribblesoften

I have two of the Noodler's Konrad flex pens. Poseidon Purple filled with Private Reserve Purple Mojo and a California Tortoise with Private Reserve Chocolate. The California needed adjusting, the Poseidon was read to go out of the box. Both are very smooth and lay down a nice wet line. I am immensely pleased and consider it $40 well spent. I fully intend on purchasing an ebonite from Goulet's once they are back in stock. I am also interested in ordering a No. 6 nib from the Goulet's and trying it out in one of the pens.

Doc H.

I found this pen in a box of ink. ;)

So I have no clue where to find one or how much they are. :)

med_gallery_41188_9_38500.jpg

Opened up. Filled with Noodler's Blue. It's been in there for about two months and still writes when I put it to paper.

med_gallery_41188_9_19696.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_29193.jpg

And this? Honestly the smoothest best writing Noodler's pen I've ever used. Very very impressed.

med_gallery_41188_9_11987.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_47091.jpg

med_gallery_41188_9_150257.jpg

Noodler's Konrad Flex Fountain Pen - Dixie #10 Ripple Ebonite (Limited Edition)check goulet pens.com for full specifics

Does anyone have any word on the release date of the next batch of ebonite Konrads?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any word on the release date of the next batch of ebonite Konrads?

I'm not really sure, but I think Fountain Pen Hospital still has some in stock.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."

- St. Francis of Assisi

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."

-Miles Davis

I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

watch_art I wonder how do you manage to use your pen for 2 months without refilling it. My konrad (normal resin version I suppose) needs refilling every three or four days of normal office usage.

I guess that being a semi flex uses more ink than a nail, but still....

Nick Apostolakis

Msc in IT, University of Glasgow

GPG ID: 0xBDF1848D

e-mail: nickapos@oncrete.gr

Web Site: http://nick.oncrete.gr

Nice looking pen! I sprang for a Konrad a month back (Hawaiian Tortoise) and have been very happy. Don't think I will upgrade to the ebonite, but they are pretty to look at.

watch_art I wonder how do you manage to use your pen for 2 months without refilling it. My konrad (normal resin version I suppose) needs refilling every three or four days of normal office usage.

I guess that being a semi flex uses more ink than a nail, but still....

because i don't use it every day. it never gave a hard start or skipped though...

How big are these pens? Anything much smaller than a Duofold is not ideal for me.

Thanks

Too many pens, not enough fingers