Diamine Deep Magenta

Bhavna

A beautiful, vibrant ink with golden sheen. Photo lighter than actual review as taken in bright sunlight.

fpn_1363528116__diamine_magenta_sml.jpg

And the sheen..

fpn_1363528159__diamine_magenta_sheen_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• Pterodactylus

• Scrawler

• Gris Nuage

How does this compare to R&K Solerfino?

Abair ach beagan is abair gu math e.

Say but little and say it well.

Oh I like that. I am going to put a bottle of that on my order list for my relatives to bring over from England later this summer.

I didn't like it.

I bought it to compare and possibly replace Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel, which I think is a dynamic ink with great shading and incredible sheen. It jes didn't stack up. Compared to NCFE, DDM was flat and lifeless. No kick. No pizazz. In fact, it made me appreciate CFE even more and I now use that ink regularly.

Your scans?/pics? are quite brilliant. Much more intriguing than my actual bottle of ink. I never loaded it in a flex pen. Perhaps I should try it in my new Creaper, which has yet to be inked. I'll look for some sheen, too, as I didn't really see any, initially. Perhaps I didn't look close enough. DDM was an early ink for me and I hadn't fully realized the subtleties of some of my early ink purchases. I'll give it another look-see. ;)

nulla dies sine linea

How does this compare to R&K Solerfino?

Hello, I am sorry I don't have R&KS to compare. Anyone have both for a side by side comparison please?

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Oh I like that. I am going to put a bottle of that on my order list for my relatives to bring over from England later this summer.

Great stuff! Wait till you see the sheen - little pools of molten gold twinkling in the sunlight.

I didn't like it.

I bought it to compare and possibly replace Noodler's Cactus Fruit Eel, which I think is a dynamic ink with great shading and incredible sheen. It jes didn't stack up. Compared to NCFE, DDM was flat and lifeless. No kick. No pizazz. In fact, it made me appreciate CFE even more and I now use that ink regularly.

Your scans?/pics? are quite brilliant. Much more intriguing than my actual bottle of ink. I never loaded it in a flex pen. Perhaps I should try it in my new Creaper, which has yet to be inked. I'll look for some sheen, too, as I didn't really see any, initially. Perhaps I didn't look close enough. DDM was an early ink for me and I hadn't fully realized the subtleties of some of my early ink purchases. I'll give it another look-see. ;)

I would love to hear how it behaved in your new Creaper! Sadly we don't have very many Noodlers (ahem Mr Tardiff..) in the UK, however I really appreciate the massive colour range of Diamine and the reliability of their inks in general. Easy, pleasant, no fuss and a joy to play write with.

Beautiful!

Glad you liked it!

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/5500/8hrz.jpg

(Mabie Todd Swan SM1-60 ..... J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen)

Edited by Pterodactylus

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/9769/deepmagentaresponse01.jpg

(Mabie Todd Swan SM1-60 ..... J. Herbin Rose Cyclamen)

Such exquisite handwriting, thank you!! I agree with your sentiments re: Diamine! I also love Rose Cyclamen, it is very much on my list after sampling it from the UK ink group!

Thanks , but I'm not really satisfied, I still try to adapt to this Swan as I got it only 5 days ago. :-)

How similar are Rose Cyclamen and Deep Magenta really?

Where do you see differences?

When my Rose Cyclamen is gone I might get Deep Magenta instead as I'm always looking for inks with sheen.

Thanks , but I'm not really satisfied, I still try to adapt to this Swan as I got it only 5 days ago. :-)

When my Rose Cyclamen is gone I might get Deep Magenta instead as I'm always looking for inks with sheen.

Hello again. Here we go, a comparison for you. I find the Rose Cyclamen to be much more towards the blue spectrum, and next to Diamine's Deep Magenta, it is quite lack-lustre!

fpn_1364148120__diamine_magenta__j_herbin_rose_cyclamen_comp_sml.jpg

Hello again. Here we go, a comparison for you. I find the Rose Cyclamen to be much more towards the blue spectrum, and next to Diamine's Deep Magenta, it is quite lack-lustre!

Hi Bhavna,

thanks for the comparison. :-)

To have it on one sheet is something completely different than look at it on two different scans (from different devices).

I like the look of the Deep Magenta, and especially I like inks with sheen. ;-)

I got a sample of Diamine Deep Magenta a while ago and after an hour of being in my demonstrator pen, a ton of sediment collected inside the barrel. It took me no less than 40 minutes of flushing to get it all out. The sample bottle itself is still permanently stained inside with the color. Has anyone else had this problem? Or did I just get a bad batch?

I got a sample of Diamine Deep Magenta a while ago and after an hour of being in my demonstrator pen, a ton of sediment collected inside the barrel. It took me no less than 40 minutes of flushing to get it all out. The sample bottle itself is still permanently stained inside with the color. Has anyone else had this problem? Or did I just get a bad batch?

Rakka I am very sorry to hear that, have you thought about taking it back to the store and getting a different bottle- maybe there was some contamination? My bottle (which I have had for about 9 weeks) seems fine. I wonder if it might have reacted to something in your demonstrator too? I hope it gets sorted for you as it is such a joyful colour.

I've never had the sediment, but in my experience Diamine Deep Magenta certainly stains plastic. I have a couple of converters that are permanently stained with it, but that doesn't really bother me and the same could probably be said for many red/purple saturated inks! I would probably not use it in a colourless demonstrator though.

• 1 month later...

very nice and charming color :thumbup: thanks for the review

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Pretty color. On my screen the scans make the color look very similar to De Atramentis Dante Alighieri (Ruby Red), which I like a whole lot.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 2 weeks later...

very nice and charming color :thumbup: thanks for the review

I agree! Glad you like the review.