Lamy Turquoise

kpyeoman

This is my first ink review -- phone camera isn't ideal, but it's the best I've got right now. Hope it helps!

post-87832-0-70675500-1359238041.jpg

post-87832-0-16211000-1359237909.jpg

I'm surprised I don't get as much shading from this pen/nib than I do with my Sheaffer 444 fine nib. I thought the medium would bring it out even more?

Best,

Paul

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kpyeoman

• Bo Bo Olson

• da vinci

• Vshin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I first used Lamy Turquoise, as the basis all turquoise inks are measured. I thought ... :mellow: OK, sort of bland.

Then I looked in the ink reviews, and they showed it shading :yikes: ; on 90 g paper.

I pulled down my then only 90g booklet. :thumbup: It shaded, which made it a horse of a different color.

Do use on 90g/22 pound paper or better, then it is a great basic ink that shades.

Oxford Optic 90 g is a great little paper.

If in Germany, Do not use German Brenner's 90g paper...it is only worth buying in 120g.

If the paper shades well with other inks it will shade well with Lamy Turquoise.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thanks for your comments, guys! It's an ink I quite enjoy, but I'm a but hesitant to use it in a professional setting...although, I might give it a whirl in a meeting tomorrow!

• 3 months later...

Update:

I've found that Lamy Turquoise is more attractive in broader nibbed pens like mediums and broads. In fine and extra fine nibs, it takes on a dark turquoise colour that leans heavily to the green end of the spectrum -- they would appear as two different inks when compared side by side.

The picture above really doesn't do the colour justice. Lamy Turquoise is a striking ink that I very much enjoy using.

This is Lamy's best ink. And the best Turquoise, imo.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.

I've just been using this a little bit, but I'm surprised at how much I like it. I'd never heard anything good about Lamy inks.

My Blog: Inkdependence!

Lamy violet is a very good ink, unfortunately only coming in cartridges. Worth buying.

Sigh...Lamy Green is a washed out ink...how ever it lays a very clean line. I did a 10 green ink, 12 paper test, and Lamy Green finished tied for last with Diamine Green Meadow. How ever in just laying a clean line, it would rank in the best.

I use a large 2.8 x/7D/259 magnifying glass to check for feathering.

It's blue black is supposed to be OK. The older IG is rated better.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.