Conid Bulkfiller Black Design By Fountainbel

jgysenbergs

CONID has launched its second Bulkfiller, based on the same design as the Demonstrator. This time it's a remarkable black, streamlined pen which is also available as a flat top.

More high resolution fact sheets to come. Comments are most welcome. - JG

http://users.telenet.be/jgysenbergs/data/fountainpenfactsheets/conidblackfactsheet.jpg

The light you see at the end of the tunnel is that of a fast approaching train.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jgysenbergs

• fountainbel

• entropydave

• jsvensson

What a beautiful pen. I think I prefer a flattop.

But I can't find these on the Conidpen website. Is the website not updated yet or do I miss something?

There is a flattop in the same range.

Pictures are here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/230214-conid-fountainbel-bulk-filler/page__view__findpost__p__2466861

Yeah, I don't know about their website...

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

But I can't find these on the Conidpen website. Is the website not updated yet or do I miss something?

I too am interested in the pens available, but on the web site there is only mention of a demonstrator. Was the black version purchased directly from conid pens?

I too am interested in the pens available, but on the web site there is only mention of a demonstrator. Was the black version purchased directly from conid pens?

Yes, I bought it directly from Conid. Just mail Werner [at] comec [dot] be and he'll set you up. And yes, you're right: the black one is launched just recently, that's why it's not on the website yet.

Tip: if you like flex ask for a titanium nib, if not go for the steel nib. And if you have some money to burn: I heard Werner has some rhodinated gold nibs from Peter Bock.

Yes, I bought it directly from Conid. Just mail Werner [at] comec [dot] be and he'll set you up. And yes, you're right: the black one is launched just recently, that's why it's not on the website yet.

Tip: if you like flex ask for a titanium nib, if not go for the steel nib. And if you have some money to burn: I heard Werner has some rhodinated gold nibs from Peter Bock.

Thanks so much. I'll contact Werner directly. What size is the black streamlined? Similar to a MB 146, or larger (149)?

The streamlined version is about the same length as my Visconti Homo Sapiens, but not as fat.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

My mistake: it's werner [at] komec [dot] be -> komec with 'k' not a 'c'.

Thanks for the link. Also, are you able to post the cap on the pen? Do you know if the weight of the pen is more substantial than the demonstrator? (It seems as though some demonstrators are too light and feel a bit cheap). I love the look of this pen and the nib.

Thanks for the link. Also, are you able to post the cap on the pen? Do you know if the weight of the pen is more substantial than the demonstrator? (It seems as though some demonstrators are too light and feel a bit cheap). I love the look of this pen and the nib.

Hello, the Conid Demonstrator weighs 28 grs. and the streamlined Black Conid weighs 25 grs. I think that's because of the streamlining.The Black Conid is made from the same material as the Demonstrator: titanium and almost indestructible polycarbonate (barrel) plus PMMA (cap). It's a hefty pen, not light at all and certainly doesn't feel cheap. Here is a link to the Conid Demonstrator fact sheet..

The cap fits snugly on top and is firmly held by the two o-rings. I will try to post more pictures, however the pen is in continuous use and I need it to be empty to make the photos, so that will take a while.

Edited by jgysenbergs

• 1 month later...

Hello, the Conid Demonstrator weighs 28 grs. and the streamlined Black Conid weighs 25 grs. I think that's because of the streamlining.The Black Conid is made from the same material as the Demonstrator: titanium and almost indestructible polycarbonate (barrel) plus PMMA (cap). It's a hefty pen, not light at all and certainly doesn't feel cheap. Here is a link to the Conid Demonstrator fact sheet..

The cap fits snugly on top and is firmly held by the two o-rings. I will try to post more pictures, however the pen is in continuous use and I need it to be empty to make the photos, so that will take a while.

Just checking, but my streamlined black Conid/ Fountainbel pen is made of Delrin (polyoxymethylene) cap + body and titanium fittings. FYI for those of you who find the nib too wet, Werner and Francis also offer an unmodified feed to reduce the flow.

Just checking, but my streamlined black Conid/ Fountainbel pen is made of Delrin (polyoxymethylene) cap + body and titanium fittings. FYI for those of you who find the nib too wet, Werner and Francis also offer an unmodified feed to reduce the flow.

Thanks for clarifying. Most welcome! I must have presumed, the Black one is made from the same material as the Demonstrator. Now we know and I'm happy - according to this Wikipedia entry - that the FDA approved Delrin for use in the food industry, so we can safely stir our morning brew with a Conid while waiting for inspiration.

On reducing the flow: mine was on the verge of creeping but ink flow decreased after a while to stabilise just fine (fairly wet).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for clarifying. Most welcome! I must have presumed, the Black one is made from the same material as the Demonstrator. Now we know and I'm happy - according to this Wikipedia entry - that the FDA approved Delrin for use in the food industry, so we can safely stir our morning brew with a Conid while waiting for inspiration.

On reducing the flow: mine was on the verge of creeping but ink flow decreased after a while to stabilise just fine (fairly wet).

So, if I understand correct - the Demonstrator is also made of Delrin?

I recall reading that Conid used Polycarbonate for the demonstrators?

Yes, indeed. When I bought the pen, Werner told me the Demonstrator is made of the materials mentioned in the fact sheet. However, I'm not sure anymore if I recall our conversation accurately. Maybe Werner or Francis can enlighten us. Anyway, both pens are made of some indestructible synthetic, very pleasing to the eye and to the touch. The Black one feels a bit warmer due to the matte surface.

I fixed a large Sailor 21k H-F nib on the Black Streamlined. A two minute job and now the Conid is the smoothest and fastest writer in the world, at least in this part.

Delrin is a homopolymer and a polymer is a type of polycarbonat (as far as my basic chem knowledge....which is not much...)