Edison Beaumont

CryptoDave

Here is my review of the New Beaumont Pneumatic Filler.

I'm going to cut to the chase and say I LOVE THIS PEN.

1. Appearance & Design: 10/10: I ordered the Ebonite Black-Blue. Although the pictures do not really capture it's color, the Pen actually looks Black from a distance, but as you move closer you begin to see the very subtle Blue. I love the ebonite feel. It actually "warms" up from the heat of my hand as a write with it. This makes for a nice soft feel. I also like the slightly larger body diameter it really gives me something to hold on to.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/Beaumont_zps6db7e1ff.jpg

2. Construction & Quality: 10/10: This pen feels solid, not flimsy at all. The piston tube looks like its made of Brass, or at least the color is. Very solid.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/BeamontFiller_zps8117886b.jpg

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/CapTop_zps2ec51cdd.jpg

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/Cap_zps6bd638b4.jpg

3. Weight & Dimensions: 10/10: it's 5 1/8" capped and 6.5" posted (to the nib. It weighs 20g and has a body diameter of .465" I like the added body diameter. It gives me something to grab on to and makes for a more comfortable writing experience, especially over extended periods of time.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/Beaumont_zps6db7e1ff.jpg

4. Nib Performance and Filing System: 10/10: I ordered an EF Steel Nib. It writes a very smooth fine line, which I prefer. It does'nt gush or "blot" when I stop writing and keep the pen on paper, yet it produces a very nice wet even flow.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/BeaumontWritingScan_zpsbaafb4d1.jpg

5. Filing System & Maintenance: 10/10: This is where this pen really excels. It uses a Pneumatic Filling System, which is very easy to use. You just simply pull the tube up, place your finger over the hole on the end knob, place the entire nib into ink and remove your finger from the hole, and wait 10 secounds while the sac fills up. Flushing is done in the same manner. There is an entire video on how to do this on Edison's website. It was very easy to flush and get a thorough cleaning from it. I used Noodler's Mass 54th ink which is "sticky" and it flushed right out, very cleanly after sitting in the pen for 3 days.

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii580/cryptodave/BeamontFiller_zps8117886b.jpg

6. Cost & Value: For $350 I would give this pen a 9/10. At this price point for a new pen its got a good cost value. Could it be cheaper, probably but only by maybe $50 to $100. But this is part of their Signature line and is a new pen with more expensive and intricate parts.

7. Final Score: 9.8/10

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CryptoDave

• heymatthew

• kauloltran

• chad.trent

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Thank you for posting about it.

I love my Edison!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

i was interested by this filling system so thanks for review

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Nice review. Thanks.

I love Edison pens... I think the best thing about an Edison pen is that you get Brian Gray with it! wink.gif

John

Nice review. Thanks.

I love Edison pens... I think the best thing about an Edison pen is that you get Brian Gray with it! wink.gif

+1

Thanks for the review. Ordering one myself in the next couple days...

S

Your going to love it.

Please post some pics and a review when you get it.

Enjoy,

Dave

Wow... Beautiful pen. Thanks for the review. I just recently discovered the Edison lineup and have been considering ordering one for myself. Not this particular model, but reviews are scarce so I appreciate this one. The nib you chose seems like it would be perfect for my writing style. Thanks for the photos as well. I suppose I'll just bookmark this and live vicariously through your experiences for a while. :)

Keep us posted on this guy. I'm interested to hear how it ages over the next few weeks or months.

No, that's not blood. That's Noodler's Antietam.

Wow... Beautiful pen. Thanks for the review. I just recently discovered the Edison lineup and have been considering ordering one for myself. Not this particular model, but reviews are scarce so I appreciate this one. The nib you chose seems like it would be perfect for my writing style. Thanks for the photos as well. I suppose I'll just bookmark this and live vicariously through your experiences for a while. :)

Keep us posted on this guy. I'm interested to hear how it ages over the next few weeks or months.

I will, this pen will most likely be my go to everyday writer.

Dave

I will, this pen will most likely be my go to everyday writer.

Dave

Looking forward to it. A worthy everyday writer, for sure. We should all be so lucky. :D

HeyMatthew,

What camera is that your holding?

Dave

That is the LOVELY Ricoh GR Digital III. I actually sold it recently to fund another camera, but I just love the Ricoh GRD series so I picked up an Original GRD to shoot black and white JPEGs with. It's a fantastic little camera. They're not for everyone because they have a fixed 28mm lens which is pretty weird for most people. The reason it looks so funky is because it has this gigantic rectangular hood. A little unwieldy but I don't use it often. I like shooting these cameras with the 21mm adapter as well for a really wide perspective. Gives a little something extra to my snapshots. Thanks for noticing. :)

HeyMatthew,

Dave

That is the LOVELY Ricoh GR Digital III. I actually sold it recently to fund another camera, but I just love the Ricoh GRD series so I picked up an Original GRD to shoot black and white JPEGs with. It's a fantastic little camera. They're not for everyone because they have a fixed 28mm lens which is pretty weird for most people. The reason it looks so funky is because it has this gigantic rectangular hood. A little unwieldy but I don't use it often. I like shooting these cameras with the 21mm adapter as well for a really wide perspective. Gives a little something extra to my snapshots. Thanks for noticing. :)

I am also into photography. The Ricoh is a very nice camera. What do you plan to get?

Sorry for going off topic everyone. Just can't help myself when I see a camera.

Dave

HeyMatthew,

Dave

I am also into photography. The Ricoh is a very nice camera. What do you plan to get?

Sorry for going off topic everyone. Just can't help myself when I see a camera.

Dave

Sent you a PM Dave. :)

$350 for a steel nib pen is hard to stomach...

Maybe for a production c/c pen...but this is a custom, handmade item. And the filler takes alot of work to make. If this was a production pen, I would think $195 or something would be appropriate...

Beautiful Pen and GREAT review.

I want the Red/Black Ebonite... I love the combo.

Really looking forward to someone doing a video review!

Brian really spent a lot of time and hard work to get this pen right and have it work how it should while maintaining its style and balance.

Yea $350 for a steel nib is on the upper end ..... maybe He will make a bunch and put them on special for $299 lol

Hey if I was Brian and spent the time he did to bring back the Pneumatic Filler and got it as right as he did... I wouldnt' discount it lol

I would love to see it lined up with some other pens of comparable size.... :rolleyes:

Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL pen !!!! :happyberet: