• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alc3261

• Harlequin

• mhguda

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK girls and boys... this is my PIF for March !! (Did I skip February???) :blink:

Today is MY BIRTHDAY!!!... And what do you do on your B-Day?? You come over the PIF thread and give something away... (alc3261 taught me that.. :thumbup:)

So here it is... You get:

1. Brand New French FP (no name) - Sent to me by my french buddy, he knows what I like.. ;)

2. Brand New Pen wrap - Inexpensive, but good enough to keep your pens safe and sound in your backpack

3. Brand New Hardcover Notebook - Great quality with easy tear pages

Now the pen. My buddy sent me a few and this one is brand new never inked. It is a CC and the one I am currently using is AMAZING. The ink flow was great from the beginning, but the nib was a little scratchy. I solved that by normal smoothing techniques.

The pen I will be sending you, I feel is a little scratchy and I will try my best to smooth it.. but I don't know your personal angle of writing and you might find it scratchy anyway. So, be warned.

Once you get it smooth, this pen lays down a very WET medium line. The other thing I love about this pen, is the weight. It weighs 32g and for me anything above 30g has a "solid" feel.

There is a little "Paris" logo on the side (I didn't photograph it).. that will remind you this is not... you know, the "other" one.. :ltcapd:

fpn_1363116742__pif1.jpg

Look at that gorgeous nib...

fpn_1363116784__pif2.jpg

Yeah.. yeah.. I know, it doesn't have the Snowflake on the cap... :lol:

fpn_1363116853__pif3.jpg

Rules..

1. No previous winners..

2. Small FP collection (less than 10).. I don't think you can carry more than 8 FPs on the wrap

3. Member since at least January

4. Open worldwide.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Cyber6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Great looking PiF!!

-Azariah

OK girls and boys... this is my PIF for March !! (Did I skip February???) :blink:

Today is MY BIRTHDAY!!!... And what do you do on your B-Day?? You come over the PIF thread and give something away... (alc3261 taught me that.. :thumbup:)

1. Brand New French FP (no name) - Sent to me by my french buddy, he knows what I like.. ;)

2. Brand New Pen wrap - Inexpensive, but good enough to keep your pens safe and sound in your backpack

Now the pen. My buddy sent me a few and this one is brand new never inked. It is a CC and the one I am currently using is AMAZING. The ink flow was great from the beginning, but the nib was a little scratchy. I solved that by normal smoothing techniques.

The pen I will be sending you, I feel is a little scratchy and I will try my best to smooth it.. but I don't know your personal angle of writing and you might find it scratchy anyway. So, be warned.

Once you get it smooth, this pen lays down a very WET medium line. The other thing I love about this pen, is the weight. It weighs 32g and for me anything above 30g has a "solid" feel.

There is a little "Paris" logo on the side (I didn't photograph it).. that will remind you this is not... you know, the "other" one.. :ltcapd:

fpn_1363116742__pif1.jpg

fpn_1363116784__pif2.jpg

fpn_1363116853__pif3.jpg

Rules..

1. No previous winners..

2. Small FP collection (less than 10).. I don't think you can carry more than 8 FPs on the wrap

4. Open worldwide.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Cyber6

Wow, such a pity I don't qualify - already been the recipient of some much-appreciated generosity on here. Happy birthday Cyber6, hope you've had a great day so far and that it continues that way.

Happy Birthday fellow Piscean!!! (my birthday is Wed 3/13)

Happy Birthday to you too...

Mine is Tuesday March 12 !!!!! :clap1:

Happy Birthday!!!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

fpn_1363116742__pif1.jpg

fpn_1363116784__pif2.jpg

fpn_1363116853__pif3.jpg

Rules..

1. No previous winners..

4. Open worldwide.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Cyber6

Very nice set up Cyber6!! PM Sent!!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

fpn_1363116742__pif1.jpg

fpn_1363116784__pif2.jpg

fpn_1363116853__pif3.jpg

Rules..

1. No previous winners..

4. Open worldwide.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Cyber6

I unfortunately don't qualify... But I love the setup and who ever wins is lucky.

Happy Birthday!

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

Happy birthday Cyber! Hope you're having a great time :)

That's a very nice pen, and I'm sure the owner will absolutely love it. Nice pen case too! An early congrats to the winner.

http://i.imgur.com/QWL90tZ.png

20, Cyclist, Fountain Pen collector, Medical Student

Ive got a PIF

The pen in question is a brand new(well almost) Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator with an extra fine nib. For some reason, I decided to buy 2 of the exact same pen from xfountainpens.com so I could get free shipping .-.

I've inked the pen once (well barely. I twisted the converter and stopped it right as the ink started entering the converter just to test out the pen) and it works fine. I just don't know what I would do with it. There are cracks on the cap, but that is a known issue with the Singularity and it shipped like that.

It can use standard international cartridges and it comes with the included converter, but I hear you can also use it as an eyedropper. However, the threads for the barrel and the cap are kinda right next to each other so you might want to be careful. Sometimes I end up unscrewing the barrel instead of the cap.

Right now I'm still in school and finals are coming up, so I think I'll end the PIF on 3/24, when my spring break starts (Who decided to make finals from tuesday to saturday? >.<)

PM me to enter, and I'll randomly draw a winner at the end.

PS.

Even after you win, it might take a while to ship while I figure out how to ship it .-. I've got no supplies (for now)

edit: I can only ship to the USA, sorry. CONUS participants only.

Edited by xHaishou

Music is the harmonization of opposites, the unification of disparate things, and the conciliation of warring elements.

fpn_1363116742__pif1.jpg

fpn_1363116784__pif2.jpg

fpn_1363116853__pif3.jpg

Rules..

1. No previous winners..

4. Open worldwide.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Cyber6

PM sent! Great PIF. :notworthy1:

FOR BEGINNERS AND NEWBIES ONLY:

Once again it's time to make room in my collection for new pens. Some I'll be selling in Classifieds, but will pay others forward here.

Today's offering: A trio of nice, student-grade pens. All previously used but in good condition.

1. Stypen Creeks, a cute little pocket pen that uses SHORT standard international cartridges. This means there's no room for a converter.

2. Guanleming 956, the 'Top Hat' pen, quite elegant-looking. I am impressed with the entire GLM line...great value for the money! Some spring to the nib. This is a bulb filler, which means bottled ink only.

3. Hero 001, an unusual trident sort of nib. If you enjoy pens that are different, this is for you. Also a bulb-filler, using bottled ink only.

CONUS only, and only those who haven't gotten anything from me before, including pens, inks, pads, etc.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8553504891_7f42599673_z.jpg

Please PM me and tell me a little about yourself. Back later to announce the winner!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

URL=https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1362779695__image.jpg]fpn_1362779695__image.jpg[/url]

I'm hoping that this image has uploaded, I have used the upload button for the first time. My daughter has recently benefited from the generosity of members on his board and I would like to offer another PIF. Hopefully this should be a picture of a pale blue Pilot Prera with a fine nib.

Here are the rules.....

1. Unfortunately only on offer to UK members, these pens are fairly expensive in the UK in comparison and would like to give someone who couldn't really afford one the opportunity to own one.

2. PM your name and your reason for wanting to be entered into the draw

3. Priority will be given to those without a large collection of FP's, if you could afford to buy one please don't apply.

4. I will draw a winner on Wednesday evening.

5. Finally in honour of my upcoming trip to Disney tell me your favourite Disney character, upon my return I will endeavour to post a photo of the most popular character using a FP.

I will send an ink sample of your choice from my current collection. This is listed in a post I made recently to the British ink sample exchange thread in inky thoughts.

Best of luck. X

I am relaxing the rules. This is now open to send anywhere.

still remains if you can afford it don't apply for yourself.

So PM me,where you are and your favourite Disney character. Will draw Wednesday evening UK time.

We have a winner......

Congratulations Spjaan,

Please PM me your address and your choice of ink sample.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

URL=https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1362779695__image.jpg]fpn_1362779695__image.jpg[/url]

I'm hoping that this image has uploaded, I have used the upload button for the first time. My daughter has recently benefited from the generosity of members on his board and I would like to offer another PIF. Hopefully this should be a picture of a pale blue Pilot Prera with a fine nib.

Here are the rules.....

1. Unfortunately only on offer to UK members, these pens are fairly expensive in the UK in comparison and would like to give someone who couldn't really afford one the opportunity to own one.

3. Priority will be given to those without a large collection of FP's, if you could afford to buy one please don't apply.

5. Finally in honour of my upcoming trip to Disney tell me your favourite Disney character, upon my return I will endeavour to post a photo of the most popular character using a FP.

I will send an ink sample of your choice from my current collection. This is listed in a post I made recently to the British ink sample exchange thread in inky thoughts.

Best of luck. X

So PM me,where you are and your favourite Disney character. Will draw Wednesday evening UK time.

We have a winner......

Congratulations Spjaan,

Congratulations Spjaan, looks like I'll just have to find a way of affording one sometime.

Another PIF - for those who would like a Fine Nib!!

Parker - Frontier: Translucent Blue CT Fountain-Pen, Chrome Trims, Steel Fine Nib.

fpn_1362964562__61hko-htrrl_aa1500_.jpg

Usual rules - No previous Winners (unless applying for someone else), those with only 1-2 pens preferred.

PM me with Age, Location and Why you would like this pen.

Good Luck!!

And the winner is:- OldFashionedScript :bunny01:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

It's the Weekend so we might as well have a New PIF!!

Brushed Chrome Parker IM (Metal Body) Medium Nib.

Nice Pen!!

fpn_1361551388__parker-im-fountain-pen-.jpg

I want to give a nice pen to someone who only has 1 or 2 other pens.

No previous PIF winners (unless applying for someone else).

This would suit anyone from 14 upwards I would say.

I'm going to make this slightly harder - PM me with the reasons why you feel this pen is for you!!

In honour of Mother's Day (which was Sunday 10th in the UK) the winner is ZachWasniak (who applied for his Mum!!) :)

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

It's the Weekend so we might as well have a New PIF!!

Brushed Chrome Parker IM (Metal Body) Medium Nib.

Nice Pen!!

fpn_1361551388__parker-im-fountain-pen-.jpg

I want to give a nice pen to someone who only has 1 or 2 other pens.

No previous PIF winners (unless applying for someone else).

This would suit anyone from 14 upwards I would say.

I'm going to make this slightly harder - PM me with the reasons why you feel this pen is for you!!

In honour of Mother's Day (which was Sunday 10th in the UK) the winner is ZachWasniak (who applied for his Mum!!) :)

Thanks a billion alc! You rock!PM sent.

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams

"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it will get you the right ones."

-John Lennon

Another PIF - for those who would like a Fine Nib!!

Parker - Frontier: Translucent Blue CT Fountain-Pen, Chrome Trims, Steel Fine Nib.

fpn_1362964562__61hko-htrrl_aa1500_.jpg

Usual rules - No previous Winners (unless applying for someone else), those with only 1-2 pens preferred.

PM me with Age, Location and Why you would like this pen.

Good Luck!!

And the winner is:- OldFashionedScript :bunny01:

Thank you SO much!! I can't wait to use it and pay it forward myself. :vbg:

Just bumping in case anyone else wanted to enter. Chances are good since I have not received many inquires for my address!

As Spring Break draws near for me, I've decided to do a package for a fellow student.

First up are some various ballpoints/felt-tips: Staples, Sharpie, Papermate, and Uniball. I realized that I had quite a few packs of pens that had only lost one or two to use. They have various ink colors as well.

There are two Papermate 0.7mm mechanical pencils as well. (These remain from a box of mechanical pencils that I didn't finish using)

Four fountain pens:

Huahong 918 - XF (Metal cap, black body with some glitter)

Huahong 918 - XF (Black cap and body with some glitter)

Diyuewen 92 - XF (Black cap and body)

Bulow X450 - M? (Pearl white body and cap)

All fountain pens are fitted with converters for bottled ink.

Pink Koala eraser

Pink Staples eraser

Staples sticky flags

Star-shaped Post-It Notes

Mini legal pad (white paper)

Large plain yellow Post-It Notes

One lined recycled notebook (unknown brand)

I also am including a purple pencil bag with two zipper pockets.

If the winner is interested, I will include a sample of one of my inks (list can be found in my profile).

Look at the picture below!

To qualify:

-You must be a student (high school or college)

-You must have fewer than 10 fountain pens

-You must be in the Con US

I would like interested people to enter by sending me snail mail! (PM me for my address)

In a letter, you should include:

Your name, FPN username, name and location of school, what year you are in, and how many fountain pens you have. I would love a brief story of how you got interested, but it is not required.

This PIF will run until Saturday, March 23rd. (That is when I will pick from the mail that has arrived, NOT the "postmarked by" date).

Good luck! I look forward to the mail!

Maggie

Here are the rules.....

Best of luck. X

We have a winner......

Congratulations Spjaan,

Wow!!!!!

I've been having a rough week, and you just totally turned it completely around for me. What a great first pen this will be, more precious because it marks such generosity! I literally did a little dance, thank you so much!

Edited by Spjaan

Here are the rules.....

Best of luck. X

We have a winner......

Congratulations Spjaan,

Wow!!!!!

I've been having a rough week, and you just totally turned it completely around for me. What a great first pen this will be, more precious because it marks such generosity! I literally did a little dance, thank you so much!

Congrats Spjaan!

-John Quincy Adams

-John Lennon