Diamine Ultra Green -

Bhavna

The pictures do not do this stunning :wub: ink justice and I apologise!

fpn_1350151119__diamine_ultra_green_full_38.jpg

fpn_1350151170__diamine_ultra_green_shading_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• thefenlander

• The Good Captain

• goldiesdad

A great review and obviously a great and imaginative colour. However, I have trouble reading certain shades if they are too pale and this ink could just be one of them. I need dark inks to provide contrast. The actual colour of the ink isn't necessarily the limiting factor. Perhaps that's why I like the shades like Evergreen or Green-Black etc.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

One of my favourite colour. I noticed that If I left the pen one week or two without use, then the green turns to be more darker and better. I use everyday with my Lamy Safari M nib,the green colour is like an unique ID (most people use black or blue):

Green seems for me, better for annotations on B&W Laser printouts and notes in my notepad.

Edited by Safari_Camo

nice looking ink. would you say it's like Kelly Green but with less yellow? at least that's what the comparo looks like on my screen...

I love it for the abilty of the colour to retain punch with very fine nibs. Great with an XF nib for making comments stand out where there is little space, for example academic papers printed for annotation in the narrow margins.

A great review and obviously a great and imaginative colour. However, I have trouble reading certain shades if they are too pale and this ink could just be one of them. I need dark inks to provide contrast. The actual colour of the ink isn't necessarily the limiting factor. Perhaps that's why I like the shades like Evergreen or Green-Black etc.

Thank you. It really is one of those colours that took my breath away resulting in a highly emotive review! I wonder if you might be able to use it in a mix with a black perhaps? It reminds me of green food colouring too!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

nice looking ink. would you say it's like Kelly Green but with less yellow? at least that's what the comparo looks like on my screen...

Hello, I wouldn't liken it to Kelly Green at all. This is a lustrous ink with incredible qualities and very different in my experience from Kelly Green. The is such a depth and translucence in it that it jumps off the page without being gaudy or offensive.

Nice review. I like the way that color looks. Sometimes I'm a sucker for inks that aren't overly saturated. :)

Love this color ... Thanks for the review ...

Thank you both. It sure is different to any other green I have tried. I am so very glad I did. It feels like one is writing with liquid emerald as it starts, and that has to be the ultimate bonus!

Edited by Bhavna

Thank you for your review and wow :drool: what a great color.

Hello! Thank you for your comments. Isn't it just incredible?! Have you tried it yourself?

I just started using this one, and it's pretty ultra.

Excellent! It's such wild, isn't it. I love the dark moody start when the pen hasn't been used for a while!

This was the first 'interesting' (i.e. not blue or black) ink I bought. Love the colour but I think other people find it a little intimidating if I write letters with it! Looking at something like Sherwood forest green for that, while leaving this ink to do what it shines at: notes to myself and corrections. I use red to mark them, and green to note when they have been sorted.

Rotring core, Pelikan Pelikano School, Ohto tasche, Parker frontier, Duke carbon fibre, Hero 3266, Duke 962, Baoer 508, Parker 25, Parker Arrow

This was the first 'interesting' (i.e. not blue or black) ink I bought. Love the colour but I think other people find it a little intimidating if I write letters with it! Looking at something like Sherwood forest green for that, while leaving this ink to do what it shines at: notes to myself and corrections. I use red to mark them, and green to note when they have been sorted.

I imagine most people haven't got our taste and appreciation of fabulousness. Have you tried Sherwood green yet... it is heavenly! I love your idea of matching red/ green - I really like that combination.

I imagine most people haven't got our taste and appreciation of fabulousness. Have you tried Sherwood green yet... it is heavenly! I love your idea of matching red/ green - I really like that combination.

I have not trying to avoid buying another bottle of ink when I still have steel blue in my desk draw unopened and waiting for a pen... although the positive reviews keep making it harder to resist....

I found that the skrip red and ultra green combination makes it easy to pick out the errors for rework, then makes it easy to see they have been dealt with, much bettet than any other combination. I have not tried it for an external document yet, writing to someone in vibrant red just looks threatening! The combination might soften it though, and work for diagrams.

Rotring core, Pelikan Pelikano School, Ohto tasche, Parker frontier, Duke carbon fibre, Hero 3266, Duke 962, Baoer 508, Parker 25, Parker Arrow

I have not trying to avoid buying another bottle of ink when I still have steel blue in my desk draw unopened and waiting for a pen... although the positive reviews keep making it harder to resist....

I found that the skrip red and ultra green combination makes it easy to pick out the errors for rework, then makes it easy to see they have been dealt with, much bettet than any other combination. I have not tried it for an external document yet, writing to someone in vibrant red just looks threatening! The combination might soften it though, and work for diagrams.

My goodness.. I hope my letters never come to light then... I use every pen to hand and I have about 40 inked up.... As for writing in red, it is a colour of great fortune and blessing in other parts of the world.. You will be surprised how well people react to colour - unless of course you have had negative reactions?!

My goodness.. I hope my letters never come to light then... I use every pen to hand and I have about 40 inked up.... As for writing in red, it is a colour of great fortune and blessing in other parts of the world.. You will be surprised how well people react to colour - unless of course you have had negative reactions?!

Wow, I can't claim to have access to that many colours! It depends who I am writing too, some letters require something conventional (although Visconti blue and a 1.1 TWSBI stub keep things vivid!), some friends I have a particular pen and ink I use for writing to them. Never tried writing with all the colours of the rainbow, could be fun!

As for letters in red, I never really thought of it that way before. In my corner of the world, red letters have negative connotations, either of being written in blood or of being "scarlet letters". I could raise it with some of my pen palls, although my red pen stays in my desk at work now. Unless I had two... No, bad boy...