A Public Announcement From Winedoc

winedoc

I will make this short, so we can all go back to talk about other more important things... like pens. :roflmho:

Anyway, first discovered Danitrio pens back in 2000 and found that they did not have too many dealers carrying their pens. I said to myself, "These are great pens, but boy, sure hard to find one." So, after back and forth emails with them, they decided to take a chance on someone like me who loves pens but knows nothing about selling them. Over the years, Danitrio has becomes quite well known among users and collectors alike. But, I think I have done all I can, and it's time to pass on the torch to others that can devote the time necessary going forward for Danitrio.

As a physician, my times are quite limited, as kids are growing up fast, my spare times are mostly now consumed with taking them to golf lessons, golf matches, music lessons, performances, debates etc. Work also has become much more hectic, which I guess is good in this economy? I am currently looking for another doc to help sharing the patient load. In this past couple of year especially, I have found my responses to posts and PMs here and emails, slower than had been in the past.

As such, I am aware of my limitation in representing Danitrio, which is not fair to them. I have suggested to them that in order for them to take their company to the next level, they need more dedicated dealers world wide. In coming weeks, they will announce their new European dealer. They will also be looking for reliable dealers for U.S. as well.

I will not be completely out of selling pens and will continue to take care of my old customers, and any pens I have sold in the past. I will simply take a back seat and enjoy the ride, and let the pros take over the helm. I have enjoyed the ride thus far, and want to publicly thank those loyal customers. Because of you, you have made Danitrio a very successful brand.

OK, to celebrate my semi-retirement from pen selling, I will be using my Kaguyahime. :thumbup:

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• winedoc

• jlepens

• tenney

• Chi Town

Kevin,

While I am sorry to hear this news, I completely understand your decision. The level of care and service you provide for your customers is beyond outstanding and given your schedule, maintaining that level of service has to infringe upon your life.

Best wishes as you step back and thank you for the difference you have made in my pen accumulation - the Danitrios I enjoy are amazing pens and you helped me to own them.

Again, Thanks!

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

Kevin, your service has been top class and you have set the bar very high for your successors. I hope they are able to deliver.

Thanks!

Hari, a small customer from India.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry to read this news. Thanks to you, I have been introduced to Danitrio World.

Best wishes.

Q.

PS.: I hope that the new European dealer will be more reliable than the former one.

I will not be completely out of selling pens and will continue to take care of my old customers, and any pens I have sold in the past.

So, Kevin, that means we can still source our Danitrio(s) from you, yes? :-)

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

As someone who has only purchased but had exemplary aftersales service regarding a Danitrio (my Densho remain one of my most responsive and favourite writers) ... I wish him all the very best.

Dantrio truly craft amazing instruments, the finest urushi and artwork.

As a fellow physician, I wish you all the best in your busy career!

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Wow, Kevin that is such touching news! I don't know what to say....I have bought a few pens from you and wanted more.... You are such an honorable soul..... As spoken in an earlier post you have set such a HIGH bar for the next person for whom will be filling your shoes, I am just so sad that you will not be "handling" the account 1st hand, yet I am also Happy for you in that you are finally doing what it is that you are doing what you have wanted to do! May God Bless You! You have served us All Well.........

Kevin,

Uh oh, where am I going to get that next Short Octagon? ;)

But seriously, thanks for your amazing service and all you have done in providing us with these great pens - enjoy your semi-retirement, and I wish you, your family, and your practice all the best! :thumbup:

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

1349086227[/url]' post='2475013']
1349075344[/url]' post='2474962']

I will not be completely out of selling pens and will continue to take care of my old customers, and any pens I have sold in the past.

So, Kevin, that means we can still source our Danitrio(s) from you, yes? :-)

Thanks for all the kind sentiments. I will continue to take care of my old customers and pens they have already bought, but will not be actively seeking out new ones as I have reached what I am able to handle and provide good services.

Danitrio needs to expand. I am very thankful that they took a chance on me, someone has no prior selling experiences. I had a long chat with Danitrio and our relationship remains comitted and amicable, so no problems there.

Best

Kevin

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Even though I'm not a customer but a fellow physician and father of five, I do understand your position, and I feel grateful to you for everything you have done to the pen loving community by promoting Danitrio.

L

Kevin,

Thank you for your example of integrity and fair dealing, as well as being the very model of customer service. I only wish that I could have bought more pens from you (it would have made both of us happy). Whoever follows in your footsteps here in the US will do well to take a lesson from your example.

It's true, the ARE more important things in life than fountain pens. ;)

Godspeed,

John

I'm sorry to hear it, but completely understand. Thank you for helping me find some lovely kara-nuri pens a couple of years ago, and for your outstanding service. All the best to you and your family.

Kevin! Happy semi-pen-selling-retirement!

Personally I've never found you lacking in communication. You've been always helpful beyond helpful with my modest Danitrio purchases. You are my favorite pen-dealer of all time, precisely because you have loved pens and shared that love with so many.

Thanks for being our Danitrio pen-pusher, even though you do not "push" pens ever. You merely share.

xoxo,

Julie

happyberet.gif

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Kevin, thank you so much for the excellent service through the years. Blessings in your future endeavors!

FWIW, I totally understand your decision and hope that whoever steps into your (very big) shoes upholds the standards for customer service that you provided. (And now I really regret NOT buying a Danitrio...)

And BTW, I only knew you as the 'Danitrio guy', not "Doctor Danitrio guy"! ;)

Kevin,

Thanks for your years as a Dani Trio dealer. You have been one of the very best in terms of customer service! :thumbup:

KenS

As GhostPlane said "NOOOOO!"

I've very much appreciated all of the dealings I've had with you. I'm sorry to hear this. I wish that you had been able to partner with someone to help do the sales to the next level so that you would have been able to remain involved. Yet, I understand. Thank you for everything that you've done.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

This feels like the end of an era. If anyone ever had a question about Danitrio or was looking for a particular pen, the answer was always "Winedoc!" But I am happy for you--you'll have much more time to spend with your family and with your own pen and wine collections and with your "real" work. Time enough for the important things in life. So a big congratulations is in order! And a big thank you, thank you, thank you for years of wonderful service and wonderful pens. Danitrio was my introduction to Japanese pens and to maki-e. My collection, as well as my appreciation for fountain pens in general, would be very different if I had never gone down that road; and I would never have considered Danitrio, except all my questions were answered with "Winedoc!"

Well, Kevin, if you have to resign from Danitrio, at least it's for the best of reasons. You and the Komori are the reason I overcame my resistance to maki-e and urushi pens. You were my turning point! That was sneaky... and well done. Thank you.

And thank you for spearheading and bringing forth the Fellowship pen. It remains one of my most treasured fountain pens ever.

Thank you, Kevin. I hope to see you around sometime anyway. If you ever need a fountain pen camaraderie fix, Pen Posse is just down the road.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.