New J. Herbin 1670 Bleu Ocean

Epictete92

Hello from Paris :-)

On the 1st July, I started a topic on the inky Thoughts section of fpn to introduce you the new bottle of 1670 Bleu Ocean by J.Herbin .

I m back again with a vidéo about it and some comparaisons.

First, Herbin used the same bottle and package as for the 1670 but this time to sail on the ocean as probably J.Herbin did before :-)

I'm always in love with the packaging, the bow is very elegant as you will see on the video ( do no hesitate to resize ), dolphins, anchor, boat, , sun... a nice travel !

Ok let's talk about the bottle, very nice shape and again the seal is always hand made, if you missed the first video made in Paris do not hesitate to

( about how hand seal is made )

And now here is the

As you will see on the video, when i turn the bottle upside down, no metallic particles, just blue ink.

About the opening of the bottle, very easy, J.Herbin learned a lot with the first bottle of 1670 red, so now there's only soft wax = clean opening.

And what about the ink ?

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr195/penandco/scanencrebleue.jpg

For this review ( sorry friends i m not an expert as many of you about handling cotton swab but i wanted to give you a good overall picture with other inks.

I used my favorite notebook to do so: Banditapple ( real amazing quality ).

As i mentionned, no metallic particles in this ink so no it s really safe for the pen.

The Herbin 1670 Bleu Ocean dries in a few seconds.

This blue is the darkest J.Herbin blue, mainly in comparaison with Eclat de Saphyr ( by the way, it was funny to compare Pelikan Sapphire with Herbin Eclat de Saphir, nearly the same ) and Bleu nuit.

The great discover for me was the "black/blue" side of this ink is not the same as for the Pelikan Tanzanite, the Tanzanite is more is the blue/grey colors where the 1670 in a dark dark blue.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr195/penandco/scanencrebleue2.jpg

that's it, if you have any questions you welcome.

As for many retailers, this new ink will be available on www.paperandco.com next week

Best regards from Paris

Jean Elie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Epictete92

• mhphoto

• adyf

• immaculate

Thanks for the info and pics! I know there's no metallic element to this ink, but is there any normal-style sheen? And if so, what color?

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Do you find that any particles settle out of the 1670 that will require shaking the bottle. Also just curious on the flow. Have you filled any pens yet. Nice video review!

Mike @ TIS

Jean Elie, thanks for the ink comparison. 1670 Blue looks dark but not blue-black on my monitor. Am curious to see how it flows and whether it shades. Inky fun ahead. :)

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

Oh, gosh, I was very excited and now.....I don't know. I love the rouge hematite despite its issues. This color, while hardly ugly is difficult to get psyched about. Will have to see some actual writing since swabs can be misleading. Thanks for the heads up, I probably won't cancel my preorder, but I won't rush to the mailbox either.

Oh, gosh, I was very excited and now.....I don't know. I love the rouge hematite despite its issues. This color, while hardly ugly is difficult to get psyched about. Will have to see some actual writing since swabs can be misleading. Thanks for the heads up, I probably won't cancel my preorder, but I won't rush to the mailbox either.

+1 on that. I was expecting something very saturated, the way Rouge Hematite is. I wasn't expecting to get in on one of the first batches, due to the impending shark -- er, FPNer -- infested waters (no pun intended :rolleyes:), especially with the news that the Goulet shipment is going to be smaller than what they had ordered (I wasn't even holding my breath on them having samples right away). Now I feel a tad safer about waiting, even though it's being touted as a LE ink.

Of course it *could* just be that it's a swab, not an actual sample.

Waiting and seeing.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

+1 on that. I was expecting something very saturated, the way Rouge Hematite is. I wasn't expecting to get in on one of the first batches, due to the impending shark -- er, FPNer -- infested waters (no pun intended :rolleyes:), especially with the news that the Goulet shipment is going to be smaller than what they had ordered (I wasn't even holding my breath on them having samples right away). Now I feel a tad safer about waiting, even though it's being touted as a LE ink.

Waiting and seeing.

We are going to do our own review, it will be posted Wednesday on our blog. Full writing sample, swab, video, comparisons - the whole works. I'm really eager to see it in person. And yes, we will have samples available Thursday too, we're setting aside several bottles to use for that. And it is not supposed to be an LE ink... it is limited in what they made at first but supposed to be available ongoing like Rouge Hematite. Thanks!

The Visconti "dark blue" looks bluer, and this dissapoints me. I was hoping that this new J.Herbin product would be a very very dark blue. By the way, I thought that there was only one Visconti blue , so why "Visconti blue" and "Visconti dark blue" ?

All the best

Patrick

Edited by Patrick L

Visconti light blue appears to be Visconti Turquoise and I'm sure that is what he meant. In that sense Visconti makes 2 blues. Seems recently there has been some confusion as some think Visconti is a blue black. I believe at present they make the following colors only :

Black, Blue, Sepia/Brown, Turquoise, Red, Green and Purple. I think Purple is regular edition color, but that doesn't appear everywhere. I don't consider Visconti Blue a Blue Black, to me it is a blue that is saturated with some heavy colors like purple or violet overtones. It falls into more or an Aurora, Omas Roma and PR American Blue category...

Waiting and seeing.

We are going to do our own review, it will be posted Wednesday on our blog. Full writing sample, swab, video, comparisons - the whole works. I'm really eager to see it in person. And yes, we will have samples available Thursday too, we're setting aside several bottles to use for that. And it is not supposed to be an LE ink... it is limited in what they made at first but supposed to be available ongoing like Rouge Hematite. Thanks!

Good to know. We'll be looking forward to the review.

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks, Jean! What a lovely piece of work. The ink and comparisons for sure but the videos all the more.

MIke http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Applause.png

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for the info and pics! I know there's no metallic element to this ink, but is there any normal-style sheen? And if so, what color?

Thank you!

I m not sure to understand very well "sheen" ( i m french sorry ) perhaps you will get a better idea with this new sample, always on a banditapple notebook, Brause nib this time, when the blue becomes very dark it s a real pleasure

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr195/penandco/16702.jpg

A huge thank you to all your comments :-)

It s a pleasure to share and will be happy to read your own comments about this ink

About Visconti, yep that's right one is the turquoise one

Here's the "sheen" of Rouge Hematite:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/16702.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/16703.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/1670.jpg

And here are some sheen pictures of other inks:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/EbonyBlue2.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/IMG_9289-Version2.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/IMG_9334-Version2.jpg

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh494/gunsandlights/IMG_9527-Version2.jpg

Edited by mhphoto

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Great color! I'll like to see more samples and reviews before I decide. Looking forward to the Goulet review as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing"-Socrates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~