Dragons And Snakes - Oh, My!

USMCMom

Many of you who have come to know me, know that I love the unusual and this certainly includes fountain pens. Shortly after joining FPN, I purchased my "Snake Pen" as I refer to it as. Loved it and it has taken its place in rotation since. Recently, I added a friend for my snake pen ... the dragon! Both are in silver finish and beatutiful!

The Silver Snake

fpn_1343672224__snake_fountain_pen.jpg

fpn_1343672324__snake_pen_2.jpg

The Silver Dragon

fpn_1343672424__silver_dragon_1.jpg

fpn_1343672487__silver_dragon_2_-_resize.jpg

Both pens will definitely fill the weight and size requirement, if you prefer larger, heavier pens. I do, as they feel comfortable and secure in my hand. The weight allows both pens to glide across the paper without any added pressure from me. I like that and have not experienced tired hands or cramping. Both are a joy to write with and are in rotation very often.

The nibs have given me no grief ... none. They start right up, even after having been capped and left to entertain themselves for sometimes up to at least a week in my pen box. There has been no leaking, stalling and no blobs of unwanted ink oozing. All in all, these pens have been completely trouble free. As always ... I don't cap my pens and have not attempted to do so with these.

Because I find them a bit unusual, I had to have one of each and haven't regretted it for a moment. I saw the picture of a well known pen manufacturer's Snake pen and while beautiful, it carried a very hefty price tag and one I'd never be able to afford. Mine came from isellpens.com and after seeing them there, ordering and having received them so quickly, I just couldn't be more pleased!

Now ... a note about these unusal pens ... I have taken them on outings several times. We've gone for coffee or for breakfast where I've taken them out of my pen case and wrote a letter, entries in journals, or jotted down ideas for a project and every time, they were very much noticed by others. Some people just stared, while others stopped by my table and asked questions. One woman stopped, asked a question and called to her friend, "You need to see this" and of course, she did. Most likely, these pens will cause attention to be paid. Comments made by those who want a closer look range to, "that's an unusual pen" to "Where did you ever find that" and when I show the other pen from my case, I usually hear, "Oh, wow ... look at those pens"! Just thought I'd let you know that you may not have a totally quiet visit at your local coffee house or if you're out for a meal.

All in all ... my Snake and Dragon pens are a joy to write with and are written with often. I've had no difficulties with either. As for their price tag bottom line ... they're reasonable enough that one could swing a bottle or two of ink or even another pen. Sooo ... if you like larger, heavier pens with an eyecatching unusual look, check them out! I love mine!

Happy Snake and Dragon "Mom".

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMCMom

• jd50ae

• tenney

• Lorna Reed

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice overlays ! It's nearly a pity there are clips on the caps.

The gap between the section and the barrel look huge, though. Is it comfortable enough for longer writing sessions?

http://i.imgur.com/bZFLPKY.jpg

Thanks, they do look interesting. What brand are they (the same or different brands?)?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Very nice overlays ! It's nearly a pity there are clips on the caps.

The gap between the section and the barrel look huge, though. Is it comfortable enough for longer writing sessions?

I agree with you about the clips, but I don't like clips and don't use them. I don't have "big" hands ... maybe average. I've had no issues with writing and when I write, it rarely just short notes, but pages. I've had no cramping and my hands have not been tired or exhausted. These pens work well for me, but ... I like larger, heavier pens.

They've definitely been attention grabbers. Ha!

Thanks, they do look interesting. What brand are they (the same or different brands?)?

That's a really good question! I have no idea. If you contact Todd at isellpens.com, he may be able to tell you. I never even thought to ask.

I also collect "Snakes and Dragons".

Bought the same pens from Todd at Isellpens and then bought them again in gold.

Been very happy with them all.

I was lucky enough to latch onto an Acura which looks like the original Pen.

post-2832-0-97144200-1343680128.jpg

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

Now, don't make me do that!! LOL You're going to make me think I "need" my dragon and snake pens in gold as well as silver!!! :ltcapd:

Now, don't make me do that!! LOL You're going to make me think I "need" my dragon and snake pens in gold as well as silver!!! :ltcapd:

Oh yes you do........you will always feel like something is missing if you don't have both.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

nice pens!they fit good together

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Oh yes you do........you will always feel like something is missing if you don't have both.

I knew it!! LOL

They were made by the same manufacture for us. Sorry the manufacture is a trade secret of isellpens.

... never mind this post...

hi and bye!

Edited by lovemy51

Oooo, I love a mystery ... my beautiful Snake and Dragon pens have a secret!!! I love that!!!! :wub:

Fascinating.

I'd never even seen these pens on Todd's website. They both look beautiful. Not sure that I could use them, but they look as if they'll draw attention from all around.

Thanks for the review.

Regards,

Richard.

I bought this pen in Budapest several years ago. A heavy weight, but a very good pen. The nib always surprises me as a top one! Congrats!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

Oooo, I love a mystery ... my beautiful Snake and Dragon pens have a secret!!! I love that!!!! :wub:

There is also a magnifying glass that matches perfectly and is a definite must have.:P

Well, it is certainly reasonable to rule out Montblanc as the secret manufacturer :-)

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

USMCMom - I must stop reading your pen reviews. :headsmack: I bought a Tenny Fall pen after you reviewed it. (I love it, by the way) and now I've just had to order the Antique Snake pen.

Please don't review any more pens for a while. :mellow:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8