New Diamine: Ochre

tawanda

Here is another of Diamine's new inks. This time it is Ochre, a must for all those with huge nibs. The shading is amazing!

Apologies for the scan. The Visconti is actually much nearer to Ochre than it suggests,same tone, a little deeper. And the Havana is positively purple on my screen. Still, I hope you enjoy the description and are prepared to give this one a try, it has great entertainment value (small things...small minds, eh?)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tawanda

• el.Fakir

• dcpritch

• Uncle Red

SWEET!!!

You are the ink temptress. I'm going to need bottles of all these.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

It does make me think of Akkermans Hopjesbruin, one of my favourites, which is, as rumor has it, made by Diamine.

SWEET!!!

David took the word right out of my mouth.

Another excellent, tempting review. Do you have any idea how this ink compares to J. Herbin Lie de Thé?

Quite similar to Lie de The, a little more orangy, perhaps, but not as dry. I find I have a love-hate relationship with LdT because it is fussy about which pen it's teamed up with.

I like it a lot. Reminds me of Noodlers Golden Brown but it's much brighter.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

SWEET!!!

Is there any inks that you don't have?

Lovely review! I believe that I will be ordering a bottle of this. The color is great and I love the shading. I have a 1.1mm stub waiting for this ink...

Of course, I will need to start building a cabinet for all of my inks now. The reviews are enabling my ink addiction causing them to take over my desk.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." --Terry Pratchett

http://jamesthebard.net/files/signature_small.jpg

Thanks for this excellent review. I got Diamine Sepia, which is more on the yellow than on the brown side. This seems just perfect, especially I like it's orange brown and shading, very elegant. On my top list now. Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Thanks for the review... and a big thank you for folks verbalizing what the color looks like. I'm just enough color blind that I see the samples, find them interesting, but have no idea what color "ochre" is. Now I know that at least this ochre is either a golden brown or an orange brown (or something in between). i.e. an interesting shade of brown that's light, bright, and not deep brown nor redish brown.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

SWEET!!!

Is there any inks that you don't have?

Hey! That was uncalled for! But I just checked with Goulet and they have these five new Diamine inks reviewed by Tawanda

Grape, Misty Blue, Ochre, Peach Haze and Sargasso Sea

already in their lineup, but with "Out of Stock" on them. So I filled in the email notification form and will be ordering bottles as soon as they show up. Five down and only 1,600 to go until I catch up to Sam Capote.

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Mehh... The color is, umm, very similar. I'd like to see how this compares to Diamine Sepia and Diamine Ancient Copper.

---

Wanted: Waterman 52 1/2 V

Thanks for the review! I'll have to get a sample of this. It looks a lot like Diamine Sepia without the orange hues.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Hey! That was uncalled for! But I just checked with Goulet and they have these five new Diamine inks reviewed by Tawanda

Grape, Misty Blue, Ochre, Peach Haze and Sargasso Sea

already in their lineup, but with "Out of Stock" on them. So I filled in the email notification form and will be ordering bottles as soon as they show up. Five down and only 1,600 to go until I catch up to Sam Capote.

They should be here first week of June.

I think this one is a little like Diamine Golden Brown but more orange-brown than yellow-brown. Ancient Copper, from what little I've seen as I do not own a bottle, is more red-brown. So, Ochre seems to fit between the two nicely :thumbup:

dcpritch - I LOVE the handle inktemptress! I may well change my name legally :roflmho:

In a few days I shall be reviewing DIamine's newly-minted Merlot, Eau de Nil (love it!) and Matador. watch this space...

very nice color and review :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

WOW!!! Beautiful colour....

I loved the way this ink looks on paper from a broad nib.

Regards,

Halid

Halid - the colour is indeed beautiful, unlike you avatar Ork, which is decidedly ugly :o