My 1St Danitrio Mikado

Chi Town

Hi, prior to purchasing this pen 2 weeks ago, I have not had any asian pens in my 215 pen stable. However, I do have a Good friend named Doug C. whom does have Nakya's and Danitrio's and showed them to me. I was quite impressed to say the least and just sat on it and thought about it for quite awhile. I also reviewed them here on FPN. And you see, Doug is just what we would not call a collector, he is what we would call a Pen Afficienado. So i trust Doug when he talked about these pens.

Back to my pen; It is a Danitrio Mikado in Kuro - Tamenuri that is a clipless model. It has a Factory Flexible Stub Nib that was tuned by Michael Masuyama.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/DanitrioFP.jpg

Right now I am just beyond myself with how Beautiful this instrument writes. In my stable of pens this is by far the nicest writing pen that I have!

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/DanitrioFP1.jpg

SIZE 5/5 - When I first seen the pen in the Beautiful box it came in, I thought OMG, I will never be able to write with that humongus thing. But once I picked it up and started writting it was absoutly a treasure to write with. It fits into my stubby fat hands perfectly.

Weight 5/5 - Again when you first look at it this gigantic pen you would think it is heavier than a bowling ball. But no such luck. It's a feather in comparision to my Visconti Luigi Einandi which is size wise close to the same size as the Danitrio, but weighs a ton.

Nib 5/5 - The nib is comensute with the size of the body of the pen. They did a good job here in not putting a too small nib on a big pen.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/DanitrioFP2.jpg

Resivoir 5/5 - This baby can load it up! I've been writting for 2 weeks and have not re-filled my Danitrio yet! Pretty impressive in my opinion.

Finish 5/5 - Not a flaw in this baby! And I am flat in love with the color. I read somewhere here in these forums that it will take a full 2 years for the color to completly mature.

This is my 1st review, and I hope I did an ok job with it.

Edited by Chi Town

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chi Town

• jimhughes

• enricof

• ArchiMark

Gorgeous pen and excellent review! Congrats on the new addition; I hope you can use it to write some letters. :)

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Lovely review for a gorgeous pen! The Danitrio aka tamenuri is sooooooo pretty!

I'm happy for you that you like it so much!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

A very gorgeous pen and I am still jealous.

One question. Did you consider Nakaya before buying the Dani .

Enjoy it as I know you will.

Hex, aka George

Looks and writes even better in person. Thanks for sharing the unboxing with me Mike. Enjoy using it, you're going to force me to inking my Nakaya Piccolo . That Doug C is a terror for our wallets, he's forced me into a Nakaya, and a C.S. Levi. You've been arm twisted into a Stipula and a Visconti and a C. S. Levi by Doug haven't you? Jim

Thanks for sharing this. They truly are magnificent pens. I owned a red one. Dave

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

http://www.the-highw..._questions.html

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/blopplop/fpn-verm.jpg

congrats on a nice danitrio :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Looks and writes even better in person. Thanks for sharing the unboxing with me Mike. Enjoy using it, you're going to force me to inking my Nakaya Piccolo . That Doug C is a terror for our wallets, he's forced me into a Nakaya, and a C.S. Levi. You've been arm twisted into a Stipula and a Visconti and a C. S. Levi by Doug haven't you? Jim

Ha, Ha, Ha Ha yes Jim Doug is tough on our wallets! I think our next plan of action is to get his credit card and go on a pen buying spree, hey? LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Nice review Mike, congrats on the pen. Could we see a writing sample?

Here is your writting sample. I'm sorry for my poor penmanship.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/ChiTown51/MikadoHandwriting.jpg

LOVE the writing sample!!!!! I always start with the quick red fox and make the rest up too roflmho.gif

Oh, and the pen is lovely.

Edited by IWantThat

Tamara

LOVE the writing sample!!!!! I always start with the quick red fox and make the rest up too roflmho.gif

Oh, and the pen is lovely.

Ha, Ha Thanks!

Looking good Mike. Did UPS or Fed Ex bring you a box from wine doc today? Anxious to see what kevin sent you. Jim

Looking good Mike. Did UPS or Fed Ex bring you a box from wine doc today? Anxious to see what kevin sent you. Jim

Actually it came yesterday, Jim

Somewhere along the line I'll do a Pen Review on it......It's frigging HUGE

Huge for your size hand has to be 7-8" long and close to 2" in Diameter. I thought the Mikado was genormious. I'm curious to see how much bigger the Genkai is. I thought the Mikado had a #10 nib on it. This nib can't be too much bigger can it? Doug C, you are a bad man. between Mike and I we've run up the Neighborhood debt 1000% . We can't afford for you to tempt us with any more pens. Jim

Huge for your size hand has to be 7-8" long and close to 2" in Diameter. I thought the Mikado was genormious. I'm curious to see how much bigger the Genkai is. I thought the Mikado had a #10 nib on it. This nib can't be too much bigger can it? Doug C, you are a bad man. between Mike and I we've run up the Neighborhood debt 1000% . We can't afford for you to tempt us with any more pens. Jim

I believe the Mikado and Genkai use the same nibs?