Chelpark Turquoise Blue

comfortableshoes

*Please excuse my horrible handwriting.*

I’ve been using Chelpark Turquoise Blue in a variety of pens over the last few weeks, and in each one I’m happier and happier with it. It’s a bright blue color that really pops off the page. I enjoy it on off white and white paper. On off white paper it doesn’t pop off the page as much as it does on white paper and thus is good for long pages of writing. Honestly I like it anywhere.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5349/6897198876_d87aab0a0b.jpg

Chelpark Turquoise Ink-Review/Test by lessherger, on Flickr

In my TWSBI 530 it’s a bright bright blue with loads of shading. It’s got a lot of character as far as a blue ink goes. It certainly cannot be called boring. It’s also well behaved, with no feathering on even the cheapest of Staple’s 20lb copy paper. It does not soak through unless I leave the nib sitting on the paper for a more than a few seconds. It’s a much drier ink than the usual inks I run in my TWSBI 530 like Noodler’s black or Diamine Chocolat. Even so it’s acceptably lubricated so it’s enjoyable to use. It does have a very strong ink odor, which I enjoy, a lot, but if you are sensitive to scents, you may not enjoy this smell.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5447/6897199320_d7df92642f.jpg

I’ve signed a few documents at work that were fairly serious HR matters and I’ve cringed at the bright blue signature where I’m telling someone they’ll be losing their benefits. It’s too happy a color to use on such a serious letter. I’ve ended up having to reprint a few documents. (I think Sandy1 would say it "lacks gravitas." :ltcapd: )For regular office work it seems fine and raises fewer eyebrows than Diamine Chocolate brown. *sigh*

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5191/7043295585_709dcd77f1.jpg

It is not at all waterproof. I dribbled plain water and a few drops of a Starbuck’s tall Americano, the 2 most likely liquids to get blobbed on anything in my office. I attempted to recreate the panicked search for a paper towel, ie wait about 20 to 30 seconds before wiping up the liquid. A faint line was left behind that I could read but for the most part most of the ink was lifted off into the towel.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7118/6897201200_0b6d9cfb89.jpg

In a fine nib the ink is a lot darker, but still has a lot of character and is still quite bright. In both nibs there is a ton of variation and shading. As you can tell I’m a big fan of this color. I had ordered a 10ml sample from FPR and I’ve just ordered a full bottle of this ink from Kevin.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5191/7043295585_709dcd77f1.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/7043293367_797089443f.jpg

Chelpark Turquoise Ink-Review/Test- Sample Vial by lessherger, on Flickr

Seriously, have you checked Etsy.com yet?

Check out my blog ComfortableShoesStudio.com

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• comfortableshoes

• akrishna59

• Uncle Red

• welch

This is a very nice review. Have you tried the ink in a wider nib? While I like the performance on cheap paper it's not a color for me.

Thank you.

The widest I've had it in is my TWSBI 530 Medium. I might put it in my Lamy with a B nib at some point.

I also bought a sample of a couple of other colors- Camlin Royal Blue and the Chelpark Blue-Black both of which are also really nice on cheap papers and a more subtle and professional shade of blue. The royal blue I would call... Standard and kinda boring. But is fantastic on cheap copy paper.

This is a very nice review. Have you tried the ink in a wider nib? While I like the performance on cheap paper it's not a color for me.

Thank you.

The widest I've had it in is my TWSBI 530 Medium. I might put it in my Lamy with a B nib at some point.

I also bought a sample of a couple of other colors- Camlin Royal Blue and the Chelpark Blue-Black both of which are also really nice on cheap papers and a more subtle and professional shade of blue. The royal blue I would call... Standard and kinda boring. But is fantastic on cheap copy paper.

I've ordered about five bottles from FP Revolution...a sampling of Chelpark and Camlin, Blue, Blue-black, and Black. The black goes to a friend at work, who is from Hyderabad and who always writes with fountain pens in black ink. We are both computer application designers and project managers, so who says that a fountain-pen is not "high tech"?

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

I've ordered about five bottles from FP Revolution...a sampling of Chelpark and Camlin, Blue, Blue-black, and Black. The black goes to a friend at work, who is from Hyderabad and who always writes with fountain pens in black ink. We are both computer application designers and project managers, so who says that a fountain-pen is not "high tech"?

I ordered a bunch of 10ml samples from Kevin and have been pretty happy with all the colors so far. All the inks seems to perform pretty much like the turquoise- moderately lubricated, decent coloring, low saturation, fair amount of shading, moderate ink odor (which I adore) and performing well on cheap paper. All that is delivered at 5USD for 60ml, simply a great value.

Hi,

Many thanks for introducing us to a new Turquoise ink! :thumbup:

Lacks gravitas, indeed! :rolleyes:

(Turquoise inks are more likely to find their way into a pen bound for the beach than the office of Ms Blue-Black.)

I am encouraged that the ink performs well, especially on light weight copy paper which seems to be more common of late.

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Hi,

Many thanks for introducing us to a new Turquoise ink! :thumbup:

Lacks gravitas, indeed! :rolleyes:

(Turquoise inks are more likely to find their way into a pen bound for the beach than the office of Ms Blue-Black.)

I am encouraged that the ink performs well, especially on light weight copy paper which seems to be more common of late.

Bye,

S1

such nice review, :eureka:

@Sandy1 YES! The turquoise reminds me of the beach, it might be why I like it so much.

@Javad_v thank you.

i have been using chelpark turquoise blue as my staple ink for years and years now. it is one of the best inks that i have used and the colour is simply gorgeous and stands out when making notes on office files and documents. i have found it to be a free flowing ink with good shading. it does not stain the insides of a pen.

in my opinion and the opinion of other members here whom i have asked, it performs better than many western inks and i have bottles and bottles stocked up in my office closet. i have not found the ink odour to be offensive but it is mild and pleasant and can be felt only if you place your nostrils close to the mouth of the bottle.

chelpark is the successor of the parker ink manufacturing facility in india of bygone days. i would recommend this ink to all fp lovers.

rgds.

krishna.

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

very interesting blue ink thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I am keen to know whether chelpark ink is still available in India. Please let me know.

Why don't you send a message to akrishna59? See post #9

I am keen to know whether chelpark ink is still available in India. Please let me know.

Yes, available and it's one of my favourites.

Yes, available and it's one of my favourites.

the only issue is that chelpark is not available in kerala nowadays, some issue with their distributor. i have been sending mails to chelpark to restart their distribution in kerala and hopefully they will do so soon.

rgds.

krishna.

ladies and gentlemen write with fountain pens only.

• 2 years later...

Hi sir,

Very glad to know that you use chelpark ink.

Sir,my uncle who is a lawyer uses chelpark ink for his proffesional use and he enjoys the same.Recently I came to know that ,these days he is running empty on his chelpark stock

I would like to know from where i can avail chelpark turquoise blue ink,so that i can gift him the same in bulk.

I kindly request you to help me.

Regards,

Krishnamohan

the only issue is that chelpark is not available in kerala nowadays, some issue with their distributor. i have been sending mails to chelpark to restart their distribution in kerala and hopefully they will do so soon.

rgds.

krishna.

Hi sir,

Very glad to know that you use chelpark ink.

Sir,my uncle who is a lawyer uses chelpark ink for his proffesional use and he enjoys the same.Recently I came to know that ,these days he is running empty on his chelpark stock

I would like to know from where i can avail chelpark turquoise blue ink,so that i can gift him the same in bulk.

I kindly request you to help me.

Regards,

Krishnamohan