J Herbin 'bleu Pervenche'

Toolattack

This is my second ever ink review and is on an ink I love and use all the time in a Montblanc 149 FP.

The ink tested was once again in cartridge form and from my previous test I understand that cartridge ink can differ from bottled ink.

The pen was not flushed before tesing, as I have used this ink for about a year in the same pen before this test.

Whilst not as formal as a Royal Blue ink or even a Blue/Black, I really like this colour and use it every day.post-78434-0-45730400-1325263561.jpg

Once again, sorry for any spelling errors!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toolattack

• Bo Bo Olson

• someonesdad

• SheilaM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks a little similar to the Sheaffer Peacock Blue the girls used in grammar school in the 50's and no boy in his right mind would touch (it was a "girlie" ink). Of course, once we grow up, we learn to think for ourselves and figure out such biases are ridiculous. I think it's a great color and I'd use it too if I had some. I've tried six or seven Herbin inks and have always found they behave nicely.

Thanks for the review! Hubby Joe in Seattle and I were given a bottle of this by a friend for Christmas, and I'm hoping to try it out this weekend, so your review is very timely - for us at least!

I have some laid paper, too, so I'll give it a try and see how it behaves.

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

Thanks for the review! Hubby Joe in Seattle and I were given a bottle of this by a friend for Christmas, and I'm hoping to try it out this weekend, so your review is very timely - for us at least!

I have some laid paper, too, so I'll give it a try and see how it behaves.

Thanks Sheila, I love this ink and am glad to hear you now have a bottle - hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Thank you for this review and for your Larmes de Cassis review. I'm a big fan of Herbin inks, but I've not tried either of these colors, so these reviews are very helpful.

I have this ink also. It is one of my turquoise inks along with Lamy, SSB, Topaz.

Not all 90 gram paper is the same, Oxford Optic is great and Brunnen feathers like yours.

In a slightly better paper, you can get slightly better shading.

I have it in my # 3 nib which is my # 1 non- oblique nib. A Geha 725 14 k semi-flex.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/BoBoOlson/Goldschwingnib-2.jpg

With permission from Penboard.de

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Nice review. A great ink and I use it a lot too, likely just because of the flow. But probably the most interesting thing for me is that this colour is a very subtle, if I may say, 'decent' one because most of its competitives are too turquoise-ish and/or too green. Or too south-sea-ish (lighter blueish), although CdA's Caribbean Sea and Waterman's South Sea Blue aren't bad.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Hello, very interesting feedback. You use this ink on a daily basis?

Yes, everyday in a MB 149 for about 2 to 3 years!

Nice review. A great ink and I use it a lot too, likely just because of the flow. But probably the most interesting thing for me is that this colour is a very subtle, if I may say, 'decent' one because most of its competitives are too turquoise-ish and/or too green. Or too south-sea-ish (lighter blueish), although CdA's Caribbean Sea and Waterman's South Sea Blue aren't bad.

Mike

I agree totally. I spent a long time trying to find a pale blue/turquoise that wasn't either too pale or had too much green in it. This ink suits my needs well!

I'm still at @ 30 inks so am at the start...I was looking for a shading ink.

It looked like a shading ink in Ink Reviews....it does shade but subtlely.

So does Lamy.

It is different than Lamy.

If I have money I'll keep both inks.

I'd have to do an ink test to see which ink would be the one to order when money jay walks across the street when I wave.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Nice ink ,one of my favourite turquoise colours.Similar to the old Sheaffer Peacock Blue used back in high school but a little lighter.

Sadly, I gave up on this colour because somehow, it was not clear enough for my poor eyesight (I'm 47)

I find that reds and browns seem to be easier to read. (and the darker colours too ...like black :rolleyes: )

Edited by Jagdeep

Holiness is not in religion. It is in compassion and right action in mind and heart

Sadly, I gave up on this colour because somehow, it was not clear enough for my poor eyesight (I'm 47)

I find that reds and browns seem to be easier to read. (and the darker colours too ...like black :rolleyes: )

It reads ok for me on bright white paper, but on anything else I agree and my eyes are not what they were either!

• 1 month later...

This is my second ever ink review and is on an ink I love and use all the time in a Montblanc 149 FP.

The ink tested was once again in cartridge form and from my previous test I understand that cartridge ink can differ from bottled ink.

The pen was not flushed before tesing, as I have used this ink for about a year in the same pen before this test.

Whilst not as formal as a Royal Blue ink or even a Blue/Black, I really like this colour and use it every day.post-78434-0-45730400-1325263561.jpg

What a wonderful color! Thanks to this, it is on my wish list :)

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful color! Thanks to this, it is on my wish list :)

Glad to hear it Steve!