• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• lapis

• SheilaM

• Uncle Red

Top Posters In This Topic

To follow up, I was really enthusiastic to try this new ink. It looked great on the swab sheet I saw and I loved the idea of having an ylang-ylang scented product. I am very pleased with it. I think it is much more interesting when you write with it than if you use it in mass tone (as you might if you were using it as an art ink). It is far more water resistant that I was expecting (it is relatively pale so I thought it would wash away). The scan is pretty accurate, I would give it a B+ for faithfulness. This is a very hard color to be accurate with because of the balance of yellow in it.

If I had to give this color a name it would be Burnt Sienna like the non-Winsor-Newton types. It is not a deep, rich, saturated red-brown but a light, semi-saturated yellow/pink/brown. It drys very quickly but it is quite wet writing. I would recommend it as an individualistic sort of a hue in writing. Great for love letters, nice notes to family and friends and other affectionate correspondence. I would definitely use it on Valentine's Day.

The fragrance is fun for the writer but I am not sure that it would be left on the paper by the time the reader gets it. There is a slight chance of it though.

This part of the review was written in a similar color just to show what the immediate impact would be like to get a letter in Ylang-Ylang.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Thanks! What a neat ink!!

Now this may sound a bit preverse but that ink somehow reminds me a bit of R&K's Alt Gold-Grün. Sure, the ink you've reviewed here is missing some green (although I do see a hint) but there is something ancient about it. Sort of a patina.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Great review, and thank you. I've been curious for some time how well the fragrance worked in scented inks, and it's nice to see your opinion on this one.

Interesting color!

"Expect a most agreeable letter, for not being overburdened with subject (having nothing at all to say), I shall have no check to my genius from beginning to end." --Jane Austen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s320/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

My blog: Does This Pen Make Me Look Fat? Twitter: @penfatness Instagram: sheilamcl Pinterest: SheilaM

I think it will look wonderful with R&K's Alt Gold-Grün! I can certainly imagine invitations to a summer party with both colors. As for the fragrance, many of the essential oil makers carry Ylang-Ylang. It is an odd sort of a scent but pleasant. If you have a store in your city which sells a good selection of essential oils, this one may well be in the lineup and have a tester.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

A very interesting color, and I imagine the scent is pleasant as well. Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I have been very curious about these inks.

I have DA Ocher yellow (sort of a light orange that needs wider nibs), this one is darker and looks like it could be more of use.

I like the shading of this Ylang-Ylang.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.