Pelikan M600 F And Lamy 2000 Ef

caric

I received a Pelikan M600 with an F nib for Christmas. (Spoiler: I love it!)

My normal writer has been a Lamy 2000 with an EF nib and Noodler's Legal Lapis. I inked up my M200 Citroenpers F with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue in early December to get used to it again, in anticipation of the M600.

At first I put Private Reserve Black Magic Blue in the M600. I wrote a sentence with the M200, and then with the M600. Wow, the M600 felt so much smoother and better. the M600 definitely seemed to lay down more ink. I'll attach a writing sample; the M600 writing looks more saturated.

Then I flushed the M600 and loaded it with Legal Lapis. This was a huge surprise! the pen felt just as good as with the PR ink, but the Legal Lapis looked much lighter than it did in the Lamy 2000 EF. in the Lamy, Legal Lapis comes out almost black. in the M600, I'm getting a much bigger line, and it's definitely writing much wetter than the Lamy, but the ink comes out much lighter looking, more colorful. It's going to take some getting used to. I didn't fill the M600 completely; since it's new, I'm going to want to try several inks in it.

also of note: I've so far experienced no nib creep at all of the Legal Lapis, though it's only been about 24 hours in the pen.

I'll probably put Noodler's Luxury Blue in the M600 soon, just to try it out. (I have some on hand, in the office)

I'm also surprised how much better the M600 is than the M200. it probably helps that I got the M600 from Richard Binder, so the nib has been tuned.

The photos were taken on my dining room table, near a sunny window, with my iPhone 4S. I didn't use the HDR mode; that distorts colors too much.

Here in this first photo, the first two lines were written with my Lamy 2000 EF, except for the the word "Pelikan", which I added later, with the M600 F, after I flushed the PR out and filled it with Legal Lapis.

the third line was written with the Pelikan M200 Citroenpers F, with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue.

The fourth line was the first writing I did with the Pelikan M600 F, also with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue.

post-25398-0-01016000-1325024271.jpg

This second photo is a writing sample of the Pelikan M600 F, with Legal Lapis, and the pen itself.

post-25398-0-74814800-1325024268.jpg

Edited by caric

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• caric

• watch_art

• max dog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then I flushed the M600 and loaded it with Legal Lapis. This was a huge surprise! the pen felt just as good as with the PR ink, but the Legal Lapis looked much lighter than it did in the Lamy 2000 EF. in the Lamy, Legal Lapis comes out almost black. in the M600, I'm getting a much bigger line, and it's definitely writing much wetter than the Lamy, but the ink comes out much lighter looking, more colorful. It's going to take some getting used to. I didn't fill the M600 completely; since it's new, I'm going to want to try several inks in it.

That's because you are comparing a much superior nib (M600) to a regular nib (Lamy 2000). It's subtleties like this that differentiate a great nib from the rest.

Edited by max dog

That's because you are comparing a much superior nib (M600) to a regular nib (Lamy 2000). It's subtleties like this that differentiate a great nib from the rest.

the M600 is definitely way better than the Lamy 2000. My really good Lamy Safari with an F nib comes close on good paper, but the M600 feels just as good on bad paper, whereas the Safari gets squeaky and scratchy on bad paper. the M600 truly differentiates itself on performance!