1955 English Made Parker Duofold Senior Aerometric

georges zaslavsky

hi everyone

a very special review from a british made parker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/1955EnglishmadeParkerDuofoldAerometric.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/PA100059.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/georges2/PA100062.jpg

Enjoy and have fun

regards

georges

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• georges zaslavsky

• esterbex

• Chris Chalmers

• brownargus

I have a 1955 Parker Duofold Senior which was given to me, along with matching propelling pencil for my 18th birthday. It has been in more or less contiuous use since then and at 56 years old still works perfectly. The fine nib must have written hundreds of miles and is very smooth. Its flow is excellent and, even if left for a couple of weeks, does not dry out and starts first time. Cosmetically, the gold ring on the cap has lost its plating but the clip is OK but the Parker Duofold impression on the barrel has been smoothed away by use and there is also a slight ring mark where it has been used capped. Needless to say it is one of my favourite pens.

John

Favourite pens in my collection (in alpha order): Caran d'Ache Ecridor Chevron F and Leman Black/Silver F; Parker 51 Aerometric M and F; Parker 61 Insignia M, Parker Duofold Senior F; Platinum #3776 Century M; Sailor 1911 Black/Gold 21 Kt M; Sheaffer Crest Palladium M/F; Sheaffer Prelude Silver/Palladium Snakeskin Pattern F; Waterman Carene Deluxe Silver F

Lovely pens!

I have a slimfold, and a standard (an eBay gamble that, sadly, didn't pay off, as the "slight damage" to the nib was anything but). I still hope to obtain a standard, or perhaps a senior at some point - congratulations on yours!

• 2 weeks later...

none else interested? :( :unsure:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

It was a challenge to transcribe this review of the 1955 English Made Parker Duofold Senior Aerometric due to the light ink used.

Enjoy! :thumbup:

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8107/img0001bb.jpg

I have a Parker Slimfold from 1958 that a relative purchased around then. She left it to me in her will and passed last summer, so I've had the pen for a little while. I had cleaned it for her a number of years ago, but she didn't write with it, as she had trouble writing any more because of her age. It's fun to use because it reminds me of her and it writes very nicely. Interestingly, the rubber sac is still in perfect condition after 50 years and doesn't need replacing. Your pen pictures look pretty much like the Slimfold except for size.

It is a beauty! Black is always an elegant colour for classic pens. I'm glad he reminded you that you wanted it! Thanks for sharing.

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

Double post....sorry.embarrassed_smile.gif

Edited by esterbex

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

I have what I call "my big black pen".........which is a Maxima Snr in black, from the 50s, made in England and with a flexy medium nib.

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/aslanParker3.jpg

and next to one of my MB149s

http://dxlab.ky1v.com/zzz/aslanParker4.jpg

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!