Another Early Delivery From Hakase

poppi1971

Thanks to Samovar I discovered that Hakase is anticipating the delivery of the pens.

Originally my pen was planned to be ready only in February 2012 but fortunately it was completed well in advance as confirmed by Hakase after I contacted them.

Anyhow, the good news is that today I received a package from the city of Tottori (Japan).... :-)

What to say? for me this pen is very beautiful...maybe the long wait is increasing my evaluation but it is exactly the pen I wanted. The buffalo horn inlay is perfect....as well as the fact that the pen cannot be capped because I told them that I do not like capped pens (they also made the barrel a little longer than normal to fit better my hand).

Together with the pen arrived also a Takuya pen holder that is perfectly fitting the new pen.

The pen is not yet inked so no nib evaluation here, only some photos (sorry for the quality) of the pen just out of the box.

Thanks to FPN that let me discover Hakase pens and thanks also to Hakase for the welcome they offered me in their workshop, one of the best thing of this pen was the visit to Hakase shop to order it.

Now the photos, hope you will like as I do:

post-14459-0-30308900-1318101263.jpg

post-14459-0-03852500-1318101363.jpg

post-14459-0-04309300-1318101446.jpg

post-14459-0-30589800-1318101480.jpg

post-14459-0-82212100-1318101501.jpg

post-14459-0-37371800-1318101526.jpg

post-14459-0-53914800-1318101546.jpg

post-14459-0-71545300-1318101606.jpg

to finish a comparison with other pens

post-14459-0-57368000-1318101711.jpg

Ciao

Andrea

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• poppi1971

• Samovar

• Ilya72

• ethernautrix

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an exciting day for you! Many congratulations on this truly beautiful pen! Now I'm eager to see more photos of your Hakase along with some writing samples. What nib did you choose? Please tell us your experience of putting the pen to the test on paper. We wait anxiously for further commentary . . .

thanks, It was also my dream and today, while I was waiting the DHL courier, I was like a kid waiting the new toy. The dream became real. :-)

I just inked the pen (Iroshizuku Yama-Guri) and wrote some words on the the paper....it is so smooth...I can only say WOW!!

Tomorrow it will be with me at work. hehe

to dannyboy: the nib is similar to an european medium

Edited by poppi1971

Ciao

Andrea

Dear Ilya72,

I ordered the pen directly in their workshop in Tottori. I went there last year during my trip in Japan.

In any case if you write to them in english they will understand and will reply in english. If I remember well there is also an english version of their order form.

you can contact them from here

http://www.fp-hakase.com/form_mail2.html

the fields are

※ Required fields.

Your name ※

E-mail address ※

Please enter your email address again for confirmation ※.

Telephone ※

Address ※

Messages, etc.

Ciao

Andrea

That is a gorgeous pen, poppi1971! Wow.

Naturally, I had to click on the link, then delete all but the root URL to get to Hakase's website, and then I discovered that if you move your cursor over the links (the Japanese writing or the photos), the English translation appears at the bottom left of your browser window. For instance, when I moved the cursor over 万年筆とインク, I saw in the bottom left of my (Firefox) browser window: http://fp-hakase.com/products/.

On the products page, when I moved the cursor over a photo, the name appeared in the same location in the same format.

In other words, I sense trouble... (the good kind of trouble, the "oo, fountain pen!" kind of trouble).

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Thanks for sharing Andrea.

I can see your pen is slightly differently shaped to suit your request. Great!

Also, that pen case looks really good, just perfect for your Hakase !

:thumbup:

Thanks Samovar,

especially for your post regarding your trip to Hakase shop in 2010. It gave me the input to take a train and make a trip to Tottori....very nice trip

Ciao

Andrea

My pleasure, I actually spent sometime walking around Tottori this time around and I was amazed by all the old buildings. We took the time to visit the famous sand dunes and ate at the local fish market.

Tottori is well worth the train ride.

The Takuya pen holder looks amazing.

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

Dear Samovar,

I only had lunch there as my come back train was early in the of afternoon.

But I had the pleasure to make a walk with Mr.Yamamoto who suggested me a very small restaurant (there was space for 5 people at the counter plus 2 tatami tables (hope it is the correct name)) and introduced me to the chef. In fact the restaurant was more like a private house and the chef was like a person who invite you for a private home lunch...nice, also because I am not speaking japanese and he (the chef) was speaking only few words in english.

In any case it is a very good memory and I also have an handmade map made by Mr.Yamamoto to let me come back from the restaurant to Hakase shop. I put this map on my travel book...

post-14459-0-73291100-1318244173.jpg

P.S. the Takuya pen holder is truly amazing, my photos are not good enough...also for the pen

Edited by poppi1971

Ciao

Andrea

I found the restaurant online, I will show the link to my wife. We are going back to Tottori before the new year to buy a special fish for the traditional new year celebration. If we have time, I want to go and try it. Thanks for the map. I think I walked not to far from it.

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography