Noodler's Violet

Lothianjavert

I picked up Noodler's Violet in the same ink order as the Black, Gruene Cactus, Habanero and Antietam. I had tested it at the DC pen show at the Ink Table. (That table is the reason why 8 new inks came my way this week.... evil table....) However, this color is not like what I had tested at the pen show. The color at the pen show was a violet- a clear clear purple with not too many reddish tones and certainly no earthy tones. The bottle says "violet". The ink is the color of eggplant. More of a deep earthy warm blackish purple. It is a pretty color, and I like it a lot, but it is not what I was expecting. It behaves well like all of the standard series inks I've tried so far. It is very saturated and doesn't feather at least on this paper (Walmart notebook), there is a tad of bleedthrough, but this is super thin cheapo paper. It flows nicely, lubricates nicely and has some shading. That last mark on the dry time is 30 seconds... forgot to write that on there apparently. Sorry!

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3702/noodlersviolet1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6183/noodlersviolet2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Lothianjavert

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lothianjavert

• inky

• Angeldust

• lunawing

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that you tried Noodler's Violet? Just asking since the SHOW color was PR DC Supershow Violet.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

It was Noodler's- in a Noodler's bottle and labeled "Violet" and in the section with the rest of the Noodler's ink. It was a cooler, clear purple-violet, not as warm as the samples I've seen posted of the PR Supershow Violet. I never saw the PR DC Supershow Violet at the show, and didn't realize that a new color had been made for the show until I saw a post here later.

This is what the sample I tried at the show looked like: Noodler's Violet

So sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just offering a possible reason for the difference in color.

Sheaffer Targa - Parker Penman Sapphire----- Luoshi - Silk Road Green

Twsbi - Noodler's North African Violet-----Lamy Vista - Noodler's Marine Green

WTB Lamy Terracotta and Savannah, Sweden LE, Japan LE

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd273/BrownEyedGirl248/Avatars/InkDrop.jpgMember since 1-28-11

Stunning ink!

Perhaps the bottle at the show hadn't been shaken or some such other cause was the reason behind the lightening...

“You either suffer the pain of discipline or you suffer the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs in ounces while regret weighs in tons.”

Jim Rohn

It was Noodler's- in a Noodler's bottle and labeled "Violet" and in the section with the rest of the Noodler's ink. It was a cooler, clear purple-violet, not as warm as the samples I've seen posted of the PR Supershow Violet. I never saw the PR DC Supershow Violet at the show, and didn't realize that a new color had been made for the show until I saw a post here later.

This is what the sample I tried at the show looked like: Noodler's Violet

My bottle has much red in it. At first look, I though it is burgundy with a wrong label. But I like the color anyway. It's a good behavior ink.

CH

Edited by lunawing

My first thought is the lighting at the show. I haven't been to the locale but the indoor lighting at large venues almost never matches household or sunlight, sometimes it's off by a LOT and can completely change the appearance of some colors.

The ink at the show could have been North African violet, I think that matches the OP's description. However, I like this color a lot and might order it.

It wasn't one of the Vmail inks that I tried, just standard series violet, and not waterproof or anything like that. I posted a link a few pages in that has a color swab of the standard violet. The color swab matches what I tried at the show. Either way, I still like this ink, the murky eggplant color is attractive. The PR Tanzanite is a bit bluer than the violet swab, but is a great violet blue color, so I don't really need another in that range. The eggplant color is unique and definitely not like any of the other colors I have-so this surprise worked out better than if it has been like the color swab (then I would have two similar violets). It's something I can use at work since it is well behaved and a deep, subtle color.

Edited by Lothianjavert