Got The Pen I Was Looking For

Lince

Well it all started some years ago, and I have bought a few of the basics (VP, Lamy 2000, Pilkan 200, D530, Noodlers Flex).

But I kept looking. The Edison pens really looked nice so I gave it a try.

Brian is an excellent professional and runs his business very well. His customer service is the best and all my questions were asked.

I got the Glenmont and let me tell you I found the pen that I was looking for.

It is perfect for me. Why perfect? well it is blue, it is big (perfect size), the grip in the section is perfect, the clip is classic, it is top quality looks like it but it is not flashy.

It is a bulb filler (love this), the window help me relax at work. And finally the nib. It is a steel nib and it is one of the best of my small and discrete collection.

Very smooth, with a touch of feedback.

I have a very strict one week rotation for all my pens, but this one is going for its consecutive third week, that can show you how satisfied I am.

Big thank you to Brian.

By the way the new engraving is very elegant.

Acknowledgements: When I was just testing the waters of fountain pens, before diving head on, I saw a Glenmont on DizzyPen's blog. Fall in love with it but in that time never thought of investing more that $150 on a pen.

Well time passed and after spending way way more than that on many pens I finally got THE ONE, my grail you could say. Dizzy Pen your blog is great.

Now the photos.

fpn_1315105804__dscf0136.jpg

fpn_1315105843__dscf0137.jpg

fpn_1315105878__dscf0138.jpg

fpn_1315105906__dscf0139.jpg

Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo is a great ink for this pen (I guess it is a great ink for any pen, but I love it in this pen).

fpn_1315106054__dscf0141.jpg

If you do not have an Edison and are thinking of one, you will not regret it, and if you do decide to go for it but you don't receive the love you where expecting of it, talk to Brian he will fix you another date :thumbup:.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lince

• trhall

• inquisicorp

• ThirdeYe

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gif The Sofía Vergara of pens! just kiddin'..blush.gif

Very, very nice pen! I really like it, looks voluptuous big and that holds a lot of ink. i like the simplicity of colors chosen. I really like your pen. Muy bonita.

Edited by alvarez57

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Interesting! And a mighty nice pen!

Please help a noob (moi!) with a question: Why did you chose the bulb system over the converter? It seems that the bulb is a fairly expensive addition. Was it because the ink capacity is larger?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Travel Sketchbooking

Observe Closely

Very nice pen.

And, very nice handwriting.

Congratulations!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Interesting! And a mighty nice pen!

Please help a noob (moi!) with a question: Why did you chose the bulb system over the converter? It seems that the bulb is a fairly expensive addition. Was it because the ink capacity is larger?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Really it is an "specialty" thing. It holds a lot more ink, and you get the ink window that was a must for me. I just makes the pen more interesting. And the filling ritual is much more fun.

All subjectives (except the ink capacity) justification to buy what you like. That is why FPN is like "Hotel California" you can get in but you can not leave.

Really it is an "specialty" thing. It holds a lot more ink, and you get the ink window that was a must for me. I just makes the pen more interesting. And the filling ritual is much more fun.

All subjectives (except the ink capacity) justification to buy what you like. That is why FPN is like "Hotel California" you can get in but you can not leave.

Gosh darn it, you are my new hero for making these decisions on the basis of fun! :thumbup: Instead of camouflaging them with blah blah blah practicalities. Love it! Reminds me of the one-timer: Life ought to be lived EXACTLY like driving a Ferrari to work every day when all you really need is a Hyundai.

Thanks, Lince. My day is off to a good start.

Jan

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Travel Sketchbooking

Observe Closely

What color/material is that? I have a Huron in Navy acrylic with a satin finish, but that blue is beautiful. Is that a Blue ebonite?

I can't speak for Lince, but I got a bulb filler because it was a unique filling system, allowed me to fill from a bottle, and seems like it will have very few repairs needed compared to other filling systems. Having said that, all of the pens at Edison can be made into an eyedropper, so you can still get large capacity without having to add the expense. Bryan did a recent blog post on using bulb fillers that demonstrates their unique use and usefulness to me.

Very nice, congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Nice pen! Enjoy it. Congrats.

Dave

Thankful for being blessed with a genteel life and wonderful wife

Looks very nice. Enjoy

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

What color/material is that? I have a Huron in Navy acrylic with a satin finish, but that blue is beautiful. Is that a Blue ebonite?

I can't speak for Lince, but I got a bulb filler because it was a unique filling system, allowed me to fill from a bottle, and seems like it will have very few repairs needed compared to other filling systems. Having said that, all of the pens at Edison can be made into an eyedropper, so you can still get large capacity without having to add the expense. Bryan did a recent blog post on using bulb fillers that demonstrates their unique use and usefulness to me.

It is Navy Acrylic. I guess is the same material, just a different finish.

It is Navy Acrylic. I guess is the same material, just a different finish.

Interesting. It looks even different than the same pen I have, even in the same finish.

It must be the black end caps or the lighting or something. At any rate, it's beautiful, and an excellent review. Thanks again for sharing!