Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncle Red

• Ernest

• pmsalty

• Osmaroid

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice Review, thanks.

I have quite a few different Wing Sungs, and had not inked many of them as, when I first tried them several years ago, I found performance rather variable, too often with too much tooth (almost catching).

Last week I was reviewing a document with many changes and needed several colors of ink to annotate those changes. I took out 3 identical Wing Sungs with different color barrels and looked at the nibs under a loupe. Two did not have the tines aligned perfectly. A little work with smooth jawed pliers prior to filling and lo and behold, I had three smooth performers with no further nib smoothing needed. I can live with the need for a little nib adjustment on pens that cost a small fraction of most that I own. I can see that I will be using them more in the future.

Thanks for the review. I own a green 237. It has a nice flow and a western medium with nib. Nice little pen that writes well.

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

Hi,

Your WingSung review brought to mind the WingSung 220 I bought last year.

Paid US$18 for 10 pens. Came in 3 colours..Red, Green, Brown.

I grounded half of them from fine to cursive italics.

Here are some pictures to share:

• 2 years later...

I just ordered this pen form china, look forward to using it. Any chance this can be converted to an eyedropper?

I dunno. I saw an Ink Nouveau video on how to eyedropper fill a pen and as a result there are little dots of Kung Te Cheng all over my grandparents' dresser from attempting it with some pen or other.... After that little fiasco I stick to the filling system a pen already has! :rolleyes:

As to this particular pen, I now have it -- thanks Uncle Red! I don't use it a lot but I do like it. While he may have thought of it as a "cheap-feeling" pen, I think it's better than two of the Guanleming pens I have (the #193 "calligraphy" [fude] pen, and the 2001 Demonstrator [on which the cap finial broke off, leaving the screw threads still inside the cap]. The 237 is a pretty color, writes nicely, and has a bit of heft to it -- more so that I would expect on a $5 pen (and nicer than some of the vintage 3rd tier pens I have, including an Arnold for which I foolishly paid two to three times what the pen was worth -- I feel *extremely* sorry for whoever got suckered by the same Ebay seller into paying even more than the $30 I dropped).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."