Rhodia Weekly Planner 2012

rbadger332

I bought this Planner from GouletPens a few days ago and have started to enter in information. So far, I love it. The paper is 90g Clairfontaine, slightly off white, almost pinkish. Great paper. so far I've only used my Fine nib Sonnet with Noodler's Blue Heron, and I don't see any feathering or bleed through. Unless I hold it up to the light, I can't even tell I've written in it.

A few good features on this book are:

1. Week View on one side, note space on another. This is awesome. I can take notes on the page beside the calendar view without changing pages or getting another book.

2. Quality paper, as anyone who deals with Clairfontain is accustomed to.

3. The binding and covers feel very good to me, so it should take some light abuse.

4. Address Book, world holidays, "Year-At-A-Glance," world maps, and international calling codes make this a VERY handy planner.

5. The day is broken down into Appointment Slots one hour in length starting at 7am and ending at 8pm.

A single con - Ink takes a little bit to try. 10 seconds or so.

A great planner is hard to find. This particular one has exceeded my expectations with even the low amount of information I have in it. I could very well throw my smartphone out and go back to a regular device. Great job, Rhodia. (ignore the 2010 date on the picture, just a stock view.)

http://exaclairretailers.com/fpngallery/albums/album103/Rhodia_Weekly_datebook_6x9.jpg

Current Rotation:

Pilot Vanishing Point Gun Metal Fine

Stipula Passaporto Medium

Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi Medium

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dapv

• jaymac

• Alliwantis

• rbadger332

I have the 2011 and love it. I had switched from a Daily Planner and wasn't sure how that would work, but am now hooked on the Rhodia. Keven, are you out there? Will you be selling them again?

• 3 weeks later...

I just received my 2012 from Goulet Pens as well and agree totally with your great review. Looks like a lot of thought went into the design. I love the way the planner lays flat when opened on my desk. You are correct that ink takes some time to dry. I just keep a piece of blotting paper in the back pocket to take care of that.

My 2011 is 6 1/2" by 9 1/2" (not sure which order to put those #'s but you get it). If not juggling 6 or more appointments a day, each page is quite big. But I find myself taping in business cards, invitations, directions etc. on the opposite page, so would not want it any smaller.

My wife wants something in the 2.5 inch by 3.5 inch to carry either in her purse or her fanny pack. I have spent years trying to decide whether to go back to using a PDA/Smartphone or start using a dayplanner. For the past 8 years while I have been having this internal debate, I ask my wife to put my appointments in her calendar. So she gets what she wants.

I would guess the smaller of the two would be adequate, more portable, and take up less real estate on one's desk. But, I keep thinking I will like the larger version Rhodia planner more by including more notes, etc. Also, the larger version allows you to fold letter size 8.5 x 11 correspondence, etc in half and tuck them into the planner. Lastly, you can sneak a pen or pencil onto the top of the larger planner and the elastic band will hold it in place.

CFTPM

Sorry I didn't include it, but it is the large version.

Current Rotation:

Pilot Vanishing Point Gun Metal Fine

Stipula Passaporto Medium

Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Midi Medium

Why do you prefer the larger to the smaller size, or vice versa? Thanks.

Sorry I didn't include it, but it is the large version.

CFTPM

R U folks using the smaller or larger version, and why? Thanks.

I use the larger one, it was the best $15 I ever spent on a planner. I hopefully will be able to get a few more of them for friends. I need to purchase a new one for this upcoming year!!!

Yesterday, I had in my hand the larger 2012 planner w/black cover, and was all set to spend the $15.00. But, then i noticed the smaller Rhodia meeting book for the same price and it's approximately 6x8". The most noticeable downside to the meeting book is the wire bound, I prefer book binding. So, I ended buying the meeting book thinking I would use that as my planner as I have more notes and action items each day than I do appointments. But, I'm still thinking about the larger planner as I like the idea of seeing an entire week at a glance.

CFTPM

Yesterday, I had in my hand the larger 2012 planner w/black cover, and was all set to spend the $15.00. But, then i noticed the smaller Rhodia meeting book for the same price and it's approximately 6x8". The most noticeable downside to the meeting book is the wire bound, I prefer book binding. So, I ended buying the meeting book thinking I would use that as my planner as I have more notes and action items each day than I do appointments. But, I'm still thinking about the larger planner as I like the idea of seeing an entire week at a glance.

I have the small meeting book too, got mine for a bit less than you I got mine 2 for $20, but I use them to keep nots during my meetings. They are wonderfully set up to help me keep organized and keep action plans going. What I love is I can write over them several time and have no bleed through. Plus the smaller ones fit in my tote or hobo with no issue. A bound version would be nice but you can not have everything...