Akkerman's Bekakt Haags

spiv

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6006/5990541764_ac863531c8_o.jpg

P1010346 (1024x997) by itspiv, on Flickr

I bought this ink for two reasons. I needed a colour that would look good on ivory or other off white papers and the most excellent bottle. A good choice on both counts. My photograph isn't all that good a representation. The brown is really quite rich. I will return to this thread with more photos of this as I become more familiar with it and I will be reviewing the other two Akkerman inks I picked up (with Scrawler's help).

The ink is not the fastest drying, rather wet and saturated. There is shading, the wider the nib, the more noticeable, but not bad from the Lamy 1.1 mm Joy:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6022/5990672422_7f52ba385e_b.jpg

P1010349 by itspiv, on Flickr

In brief

Shading - yes..

Saturation high

Feathering - a little in the Moleskine, not much elsewhere

Dry time - long

A wet ink in the Pilot Parallel 3.8mm and the Lamy

I will likely replace this whenever I manage to go through 150ml

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• spiv

• rockspyder

• Gobblecup

This is the only bottle of Akkerman's that I own. I love the bottle design. The ink is a warm and lovely shade of brown.

This ink is awesome, one of the most enjoyable browns I have. And the name.... :roflmho:.....the name...... :ltcapd:....I can't help laughing every time I see it. Those with Dutch or other Germanic backgrounds will understand! Prismatically brilliant sense of humor, whoever picked the name.

My word you are fast. How did you have the time to get back from my place and get this review done so quick.

This is a really nice review.

This ink is awesome, one of the most enjoyable browns I have. And the name.... :roflmho:.....the name...... :ltcapd:....I can't help laughing every time I see it. Those with Dutch or other Germanic backgrounds will understand! Prismatically brilliant sense of humor, whoever picked the name.

Yes of course, I bet je bent Afrikaans sprekent.

Ja, presies! :thumbup:

I have a Hemingway inked with this, beautiful.

Great review! I love the Akkernan's bottle. The color also is a beautiful brown. Is it available only at dutch stores?

Great review! I love the Akkernan's bottle. The color also is a beautiful brown. Is it available only at dutch stores?

It is only available from P.W. Akkerman in the Hague.

Edited by Scrawler

It is only available from P.W. Akkerman in the Hague.

Thank you!

Fabri, there are many previous discussions on Akkerman inks, and Paul Rutte at PW Akkerman is extremely helpful, email him and he will ship you some. Mine arrived safe in SA, I am sure they will arrive just as safely in Brazil.

His address is paulrutte@vulpennen.nl

Please may I come to visit and enjoy your beautiful African winter. I have not heard Afrikaans spoken in many years but my memories of it are like music to me. It is a shame that it is so expensive to get there.

Please may I come to visit and enjoy your beautiful African winter. I have not heard Afrikaans spoken in many years but my memories of it are like music to me. It is a shame that it is so expensive to get there.

Scrawler, jy is enige tyd welkom! Anytime :thumbup: And yes, our winters are lovely, on average still better than most European summers... :cloud9:

It is not that expensive to get here - c'mon, pack your bags, hop over. :thumbup:

Scrawler, jy is enige tyd welkom! Anytime :thumbup: And yes, our winters are lovely, on average still better than most European summers... :cloud9:

It is not that expensive to get here - c'mon, pack your bags, hop over. :thumbup:

Danke je wel. But expense is relative to income. If it were not so, I would be there like a shot. Now if I could just get a customer there then hmmm!

What's wrong with "posh" underwear?

( cause the online translator isn't giving the other meaning :rolleyes: )

What's wrong with "posh" underwear?

( cause the online translator isn't giving the other meaning :rolleyes: )

Even Nathan Tardif would not try to market an ink called "Dirty Drawers".

OK - when using the online translator, drop the "be-" prefix and the "-t" suffix, and just translate the root word, consisting of the remaining 3 letters. The relation to underwear will immediately be in perspective :roflmho:

"Posh" in this sense lashes at snobbishness in a humorous way, someone being full of ----.