Akkerman Bezuidenwoudgroen

WOBentley

My first ink review and I will apologize in advance for my terrible handwriting (occupational hazard/requirement :) )

In general I liked this ink. Good color, nice flow, well behaved and of course I love "The Bottle"! The ink is not as well lubricated as the Iroshizuku inks and nowhere near as lubricated as the Noodler's eel inks but it is adequate. There was some show through on cheap papers but I did not get any bleed through in normal writing. On nicer papers such as Rhodia, the HP 32lb I used for the review and in my Quo Vadis Habana (older style 90lb paper) there was no show through.

Some shading, but not like Noodler's Apache Sunset.I did not test for waterfastness, I think that throughout the line (with the exception of the iron gall inks) there is no claim of water resistance. If I get a chance I will test that later and report back.

Edit to add: On my non calibrated Macbook Pro monitor this is pretty close in color to what I am seeing on the paper.

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/sc00004dac.jpg

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WOBentley

• rhall_8

• raging.dragon

• Tennessee Dave

Wonderful review--that is a lovely colour! Thank you, WOBentley.

I'm looking for something with a more unpronounceable name. Any suggestions?

You have trouble saying Akkerman? ;)

Honestly it is a mouthful. The names are supposedly all from things related to The Hague. Hopefully someone will explain this one!

I really do like the ink though.

Professor Plume...now all I need is handwriting as lovely as yours!

Edited by WOBentley

I'm looking for something with a more unpronounceable name. Any suggestions?

Ijzer-Galnoten bVzw

Nice review. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Dave

Thankful for being blessed with a genteel life and wonderful wife

Very pretty green - a true summer green - or emerald maybe.

Would love to try these inks, Any chance of them coming to a US retailer?

There's only Bezuidenhout available on Google search. That quarter of Den Haag has a wikipedia entry where it says the quarter has an " ... adjacent woodland park Haagse Bos ...". Maybe that forrest/wood (woud) has more than one name.

Edited by saintsimon

Thanks SaintSimon...I was thinking it was a Park or a City "green" or something like that. Maybe I will ask Paul at my next order!

Thanks for another Akkerman review!

Would love to try these inks, Any chance of them coming to a US retailer?

Nope........ Sorry.... Mr. Rutte was very clear when we (Dutch FP Club) were in his shop last June: no export, no foreign retailers. If I understood him correctly this would require a lot of extra hassle that he just could not get into.

Anyone in the world with an email address and a PayPal account can get his inks. It has been said here before: he is always very customer directed when someone from abroad places an order or needs info (no affil... etc...).

There's only Bezuidenhout available on Google search. That quarter of Den Haag has a wikipedia entry where it says the quarter has an " ... adjacent woodland park Haagse Bos ...". Maybe that forrest/wood (woud) has more than one name.

It is indeed very peculiar that the ink is called Bezuidenwoud. We have Bezuidenhout in The Hague..... I have never heard of "Bezuidenwoud", and Google says it doesn't even exist..... Funny....:hmm1:(Wonder if this "woud" was maybe originally a typo????)

Edited by Lovesink

Passions need to be followed and shared

• 4 weeks later...

You can only get it from Akkerman in the Hague directly. You do so by contacting Paul Rutte at the store... Shipping isn't cheap but they do a great packing job and I am really enjoying the inks. If you buy more than one bottle and think of it in cost per cc of ink it isn't that bad as the inks come in huge 150cc bottles (that happen to be beautiful too!)

Paul's email address: paulrutte(at)vulpennen.nl (altered to avoid spamming for him!)

Store website is:

Akkerman site which I tried to get to you in the translated form (unless you speak Dutch!) Paul speaks quite good English so you will have no problem communicating with him by e-mail (or some have even called him directly). Scroll down and look on the left side of the page to find the inks.

Edited by WOBentley

WOB (do you mind if I call you WOB?), that's a beautiful, rich green and great review. It sure does not match the brief image they displayed. I had no idea it was nice looking. Any chance of a larger/close-up view just to see how it possibly shades? That was so brilliant using those spectacular Dirk Copier designed (for Gimborn Ink Co.) langhals bottles.

Rhall, it is exceedingly easy to order now with PayPal. Back when we started, we had to send a wire transfer from our USA bank which is no easy matter as discussed earlier.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I really enjoy these reviews of Akkerman ink, as much so I can try to guess the shade before looking as for your insightful reviews. Thanks :)

Tamara

Thanks for the help guys. I just tried to get my local pen store to consider carrying the ink, but it seems that Akkerman is not interested in having other stores carry their ink. Sorry guys, I did my best to try to get it in the state :crybaby:

WOB (do you mind if I call you WOB?), that's a beautiful, rich green and great review. It sure does not match the brief image they displayed. I had no idea it was nice looking. Any chance of a larger/close-up view just to see how it possibly shades? That was so brilliant using those spectacular Dirk Copier designed (for Gimborn Ink Co.) langhals bottles.

Hi Sam

WOB is Ok but so is Dave... ;)

I will see if I still have the original review...if not I can write something and post it.