Noodler's Navy

rsq001

Noodler's Navy

post-45342-0-19463600-1309034924.jpg

"Who is John Galt?"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rsq001

• limesally

• ticoun

• Phormio

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Comes across as more of a teal than a navy or what I have known to be navy blue. Is this pretty close to the way it actually looks?

Comes across as more of a teal than a navy or what I have known to be navy blue. Is this pretty close to the way it actually looks?

This very close to what it looks like. I though it would have been darker.

"Who is John Galt?"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpg

It may be my monitor but it looks like Ottoman Azure to me -I'm sure there are differences but based on this scan and my personal experience of Ottoman Azure it would be hard to tell them apart in a 'blind' test.

By the way - thanks for all the reviews - you've been busy!

Carl

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch" Orson Welles

Thanks for the review.

This looks a bit too light for a Navy Blue. In fact it looks more like an Air force Blue at least to British eyes (the air force blue used in Britain is lighter than that of the USAF). Parker Quink Blue Black can develop a similar colour in no parker pens. As Parker inks are easier to get hold of on this side of the Atlantic, I'll probably be sticking with that for the time being.

Chris B.

Yes, it reminds me of Parker Quink BB or Waterman BB too.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

nicely done review. I use this ink a lot, and though to my eye it is neither Navy nor anything close (to my eyes, more of a dark teal) I find it really pleasant to use, and easy to read.

Mine usually comes out just a tad darker than yours though, especially in a wet pen like a Pelikan. Otherwise, the scan looks pretty close to what I get. It's a bit like Legal Lapis without any grey, and it is near-bulletproof. And also quite a bit better behaved (less feathering, nib creep, etc. than LL), which is why I've gravitated towards it.

Edited by limesally

really great ink. i emptied a goulet sample of it in 2 weeks, and ordered a bottle of it. now, if the postal system can get working again, i'll be happy.

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

I like Noodler's Navy, though to my mind it should be called Noodler's "Navy" because it does not, in any way, look like a navy blue. The first time I used it, I was struck by the green undertones. It IS a dark teal, more than anything else. It is a nice colour.

And I too am excited by the coming end of the postal strike (4, count 'em 4, pens in the pipeline)

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

• 2 weeks later...

got my bottle, and it's way greener than the sample i had from the goulets. i like it even better like that though.

-Eclipse Flat Top-|-Parker "51" Aero-|-Sheaffer's Snorkel Sentinel-|-Esterbrook SJ-|-Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe TD-|-Sheaffer 330-|-Reform 1745-|-PenUsa Genesis-|-Hero 616-|-Noodler's Flex-|-Schneider Voice-|-TWSBI Vac 700-

• 2 months later...

I bought a bottle of this a few months ago based on another review and I haven't looked back. Previously, I would use a colour, clean the pen, then select a new pen and colour. Since getting navy, I have exercised poor pen hygiene and contstantly refill with navy. My other pens and ink are neglected!!!!

What's interesting is that I liked Noodlers, never loved it, until I used Navy.

As for your review, either its bad ink or bad colour in your scan as it does look more teal than navy. My navy has the same shading but not the teal aspects.

Lots of wants, limited funds!

I bought a bottle of this a few months ago based on another review and I haven't looked back. Previously, I would use a colour, clean the pen, then select a new pen and colour. Since getting navy, I have exercised poor pen hygiene and contstantly refill with navy. My other pens and ink are neglected!!!!

What's interesting is that I liked Noodlers, never loved it, until I used Navy.

As for your review, either its bad ink or bad colour in your scan as it does look more teal than navy. My navy has the same shading but not the teal aspects.

Good to hear! I may do another review for this ink one day.

"Who is John Galt?"

• 2 months later...

Noodler's Navy is my favorite ink . . . just gorgeous. I love to use it in my Visconti HS, as it just looks perfect flowing from the rugged look of that pen. Love the color.