Diamine Hope Pink

shaylenwilliams

Hope Pink is just about as pink as you can possibly get an ink, and I love that! I'm pretty sure I have had my hair this exact color before. The color is great, not too purple, or too red. It is bright and happy without being annoyingly in-your-face (in my opinion, anyway). I wanted to find a pink that was the same color as my pink Pilot Varsity, and this ink is almost identical to it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_doL1DRM7HpI/TSQQHFW9BfI/AAAAAAAAAHU/W9obHf-FLfU/s1600/Diaminehopep.jpg

This ink behaves well in just about every respect. It is not waterproof, but doesn't claim to be. It flows nice and smooth, with no feathering on Rhodia paper. The dry time is about average.

I was slightly disappointed with Private Reserve Rose Rage, but where it falls short, Hope Pink picks up and soars!

I purchased this Diamine ink as a sample from The Goulet Pen Company, and I most certainly want to get a full bottle!

[no affiliation 'n such.]

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaylenwilliams

• physicsgirl

• corniche

• fjf

That really is a great pink! :hmm1: Maybe I do need a bit more ink.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4iGeCcpI/AAAAAAAAA2A/xh2FRE0B8p0/s1600/InkDropLogoFPN3.jpghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

If a color is good enough to make you question your masculinity, it is GOOD! Ha! :thumbup:

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

I love this colour too, Shayler. It is soooo pink. Brightens up a page, or a crossword or sudoku.

Edited by Miranda

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/fj1121/36_2_61.gif

If a color is good enough to make you question your masculinity, it is GOOD! Ha! :thumbup:

That's a lovely colour .... I like pink ink, and don't think it's at all 'effeminate', as i said about Herbin Cyclamen :)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

I rather think that the liberal use of pink ink only "affirms" one's masculinity. Liked the color in my gray Al-Star 1.1 ...a lot...I say liked...my girlfriend stole my bottle...and the pen. That's how I got her started on her inky road to ruin.... good plan ...huh? She let's my borrow every once in a while...no affiliations ...I mean pen/ink co's.....LOL.

Edited by SnowLeopard

I rather think that the liberal use of pink ink only "affirms" one's masculinity. Liked the color in my gray Al-Star 1.1 ...a lot...I say liked...my girlfriend stole my bottle...and the pen. That's how I got her started on her inky road to ruin.... good plan ...huh? She let's my borrow every once in a while...no affiliations ...I mean pen/ink co's.....LOL.

I have seen things that say "real men wear pink". Personally, it makes no more sense to me than saying a blue ink is masculine. It's just ink! I hope I didn't offend anyone with my above comment, it was certainly just a jest at the silliness of it all.

As for your girlfriend, maybe buy her a pink Safari, and you'll get your Al-Star back? LOL.

The Poor Connoisseurs

Great review - love the colour :)

I ordered a bottle of this ink last night to use in a pink TWSBI Diamond I orderd a few days ago - can't wait for them to both arrive!

My ink and pen arrived today and the Hope Pink is so bright in real life, I can see this being one of my fav colours.

Greetings all,

I HATE PINK! :mad:

However, I'm going to buy a bottle of this ink because it's a worthy cause. :)

I have no idea what I'm going to use it for... it might make a good editing color... :hmm1: It might even make a good color for business correspondence..., (in limited quantity and accompanied with an appropriate footnote). :hmm1:

All the best & God bless,

Sean :)

Edited by S. P. Colfer

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Sean, methinks it would make a good ink for writing and signing birthday cards or other greetings to anyone who may be inclined to enjoy the color!

If any of you are interested in buying this ink, it is currently on sale at Goulet (no aff'l), but I didn't want to mention it until I had secured my own bottle... mwahahaha! B)

The Poor Connoisseurs

If any of you are interested in buying this ink, it is currently on sale at Goulet (no aff'l), but I didn't want to mention it until I had secured my own bottle... mwahahaha! B)

Aaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!! SO! You're one of those close-mouthed types that doesn't blab anything until you got your's! :angry:

Welcome to the club baby. :D

All the best,

Edited by S. P. Colfer

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Aaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!! SO! You're one of those close-mouthed types that doesn't blab anything until you got your's! :angry:

Welcome to the club baby. :D

All the best,

I'm such a stinker! :bunny01:

The Poor Connoisseurs

Pretty color and a good cause, what more can you ask for? :wub:

- Mary Ann

Well Stanley, this is another nice mess you've gotten me into.

Nice review, and thank you for the shoutout! This is one of those inks that's very nice but tends to get overlooked. Diamine especially seems to have a lot of pinks...they have Hope Pink and then they just have regular 'Pink', which Rachel and I have jokingly dubbed as 'Hopeless' Pink ;) haha

Brian Goulet</br><a href='http://www.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>www.GouletPens.com</a></br><a href='http://twitter.com/GouletPens' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>GouletPens on Twitter</a></br><a href='http://blog.gouletpens.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Goulet Pens blog</a>

Greetings all,

I HATE PINK! :mad:

However, I'm going to buy a bottle of this ink because it's a worthy cause. :)

I have no idea what I'm going to use it for... it might make a good editing color... :hmm1: It might even make a good color for business correspondence..., (in limited quantity and accompanied with an appropriate footnote). :hmm1:

All the best & God bless,

You could always try saturating it with Noodler's Bulletproof Black and turning it into your own Black Swan in Australian Roses concoction... :eureka:

Edited by ThirdeYe

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)