Diamine Red Dragon

tweexcore

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6803/reddragonr.jpg

Some further observations since I've been writing with this a bit more: it does feather a bit on cheaper, Moleskin-esque paper, and does have a bit of shading. This is a really vivid, true to blood-in-a-vial color, and I'm sorry about the variation in the photo that makes it look darker than it is...focus on the bit in the light (because I've got an ultra bright table lamp with weird lighting properties) for an idea of what the color really looks like. It's certainly distinctive...without being distractingly bright.

Oh and because I seem to have forgotten everything with this review, written on Clarefontaine with my Jinhao 111.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• camoandconcrete

• Watercycle

• ebluegrass

• fabrimedeiros

Huh. I've been coming up with a list of stuff to order from Diamine for a while now and I was going to order Oxblood, but I might have to get Red Dragon, too. Nice color.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Gorgeous color! I can't wait to get my hands on some!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

It filled my blood red needs. I got mine from Brian at Gouletpens. 3 way tie, Noodlers Widow Maker, MB Love letters (fellows it has a rose scent which males point out to me constantly) and Dragon Red. I like it a lot more than the Waterman Red and Sheaffer Skript Red for the blood red colour. Works great in my Tuckie XF and Estie Dollar with 9550 XF nib. Just the right degree of wetness and flow. Enjoyed your review, Jim

• 10 months later...

This is my personal favorite go-to red. Every pen I've used it in has worked perfectly with it. Come to think of it, I've had one pen or another inked with it since last April, so I guess you could say I like it!

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Ordered a sample vial from Goulet Pens and fell in love. I've got a full bottle in the mail to replace my previously go-to red Noodlers Widow Maker. It's the hint of brown that much more subtle than Oxblood that makes this ink really shine IMO.

Ordered a sample vial from Goulet Pens and fell in love. I've got a full bottle in the mail to replace my previously go-to red Noodlers Widow Maker. It's the hint of brown that much more subtle than Oxblood that makes this ink really shine IMO.

have you tried Diamine Ruby being a red fan?

I was going to give red dragon a go until i noticed the brighter ruby

hope that wasn't a mistake :o

well... 1.25 cent samples can't really call that a big loss, but when i was at goulets last i promised myself i'd only pick 10 samples :lol:

I've been using Diamine Dragon Red for about a month and have found it to be well behaved. Unusually for a red, it works well for use in personal correspondence, greetings cards etc. particularly if you wish to make an impact without offending the eye.

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

Nice red! I ordered a bottle of oxblood one week ago. Next order I will try this red! I love colors which seems blood. Thank you!

This is easily one of the most striking reds out there! The Diamine inks are all well behaved. It's one of my favorites. Top three reds for me are, Red Dragon, Herbin 1670 and Noodler's Nikita.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Red Dragon and Noodler's Widowmaker are my favourite dark reds (so far). Have my own review coming as soon as I can get my scanner adjusted to my satisfaction.... :bonk:

• 8 months later...

Nice red! I ordered a bottle of oxblood one week ago. Next order I will try this red! I love colors which seems blood. Thank you!

I have tried a sample of both Oxblood and Red Dragon. Swabs showed the Red Dragon a little lighter shade of red, but when both were used in a medium nib pen, I could not tell the difference. When I order a bottle, I do think I'll go with the Red Dragon. I won't ever write in blood, but this will look very similar. In an alleged letter from Jack the Ripper, he said he wanted to write a letter in a victim's blood, but it kept drying up on him. Oh, well. Thanks for listening for my 5 cents worth.