Jottr - The New Budget Competitor To Moleskine

dandelion

The new UK based brand JOTTRR has brought a new Moleskine competitor to the market - a version that also happen to be rather affordable. I had the privilege to receive a JOTTRR from the webshop www.thepaperie.co.uk for a review - big thanks! It is promising, but it needs to be improved before it can be called truly friendly.

You find the full review and more pics here on my blog.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FODBn3j5KLc/TH_fYdPPtZI/AAAAAAAAglA/o2NwdsdM-Dc/jotttrr_0231.JPG

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dandelion

• ExcaliburZ

• jniforat

• cubic archon

Okay okay okay! What is that wonderful ink on the left page???? Gotta have it!!!

The new UK based brand JOTTRR has brought a new Moleskine competitor to the market - a version that also happen to be rather affordable. I had the privilege to receive a JOTTRR from the webshop www.thepaperie.co.uk for a review - big thanks! It is promising, but it needs to be improved before it can be called truly friendly.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FODBn3j5KLc/TH_fYdPPtZI/AAAAAAAAglA/o2NwdsdM-Dc/jotttrr_0231.JPG

Pelikan 120 : Lamy 2000 : Sheaffer PFM III : Parker DuoFold Jr : Hero 239 : Pilot Vanishing Point : Danitrio Cum Laude : Esterbrook LJ : Waterman's 12 and an unknown lever-filler : Lambert Drop-fill : Conway Stewart 388

MB Racing Green : Diamine Sapphire Blue , Registrar's : J. Herbin violet pensée , café des îles : Noodler's Baystate Blue : Waterman Purple, Florida Blue

It is Iroshizuku Yama-Budo. It really is awesome - I <3 it!

Okay okay okay! What is that wonderful ink on the left page???? Gotta have it!!!

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

Whilst I appreciate this may provide a good alternative to Moleskines, I would hardly call it a budget notebook. The size is comparable with the 13cm x 21cm Mole, and looking on Amazon right now a lined one can be had for £8.86, whilst on the Jottrr website they advertise theirs at £8.95.

I'm also not keen on the fact that they have crammed all three paper types (quad, lined and plain) in one book. Most people have a prefernce for one more than another. This would certainly put me off making a purchase.

Unless they work on the feathering problem, stick to one rule type (or offer several across the range) and drop the price so they are more competative, I'll stick with Moles.

Great review though, Dandelion, its always good to keep abreast of what's out there...

I bought a JOTTRR recently, before reading this thread (though only a couple of weeks ago) and the paper was easily the worst I have ever used in a "premium" journal. Every single ink apart from really robust ones like Lamy Blue Black and Sailor Kiwa-Guro feathered appallingly, despite the paper itself being quite thick. It was completely unusable - far worse than Moleskine.

I'm not saying that the reports here are wrong of course but they are at odds with my experiences, which would indicate that there is a degree of variation in paper quality. Or that I am unusually intolerant. I could not use this journal at all.

Edited by cubic archon

• 3 weeks later...