A Review Of The Parker 100

giggobuttons

My first review!! (about the Parker 100)

The Parker 100 is an amazing pen--it completely shows the amazing craftsmanship of Parker and is a daily writer for me. When I received this pen from my

friend "jakelogan" (a member on FPN), I was astounded. The avant-garde design was beautiful! I got this pen in the cobalt black design. The most eye-catching feature on the pen is the cap.

The Cap of the Pen

The cap is a titanium-coated graphite nib with 23ct gold trimming on it. The brushed metal gives this pen a professional look and features the trademark Parker clip. However, the body just reads to me cheapness. I give this section a 10/10. Bravo, Parker!

The Body of the pen

The body is lightweight for a Parker pen and is made of reflective plastic that attracts smudges like a magnet attracts metal. On the very bottom of the body, there is a gold-trimmed ring. Overall, the body of the pen deserves a 7/10. It's low quality for the expectations of Parker.

Nib quality and smoothness

When I first picked up this pen and wrote with it, it was an absolutely pleasurable and smooth writing experience! The nib is an 18ct solid gold hooded nib. I like the hooded design and I think it benefits to the design of the pen itself. I rate the nib quality a 9.5/10, not a 10/10 because sometimes you can get off of the sweet spot easily.

Durability and Sturdiness

This pen overall is a very sturdy pen. I have heard complaints about the cap getting loose, but it has not happened to me. The mechanism that holds the cap and body together is located on two opposite sides on the grip. The mechanism is too small to interfere with writing usage. I award Parker a 9/10 on this.

Overall, this is a big step for modern pens for Parker, and I would give this pen a rating of 9.5/10 for having an amazing nib, design, sturdiness, cap, but a terrible body.

Tell me what you want to hear

Something that delight those ears

Sick of all the insincere

I'm gonna give all my secrets away

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arnottfigaro44

• andy1m

• ExcaliburZ

• jniforat

I've had a Parker 100 in my rotation for several months. I am very satisfied with it in all respects and highly recommend it.

Your photographs are not showing up for me. :blink:

-mike

"...Madness takes its toll."

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4954883548_bb6177bea0_m.jpghttp://www.clubtuzki.com/sites/default/files/icon24.gifhttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4012/5152062692_8037fd369c_t.jpghttp://farm5.static.flickr.com/4088/5152115656_e8d75849f1_t.jpg

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." – J.R.R. Tolkien

The body of my Parker 100 is not made of plastic. Rather, it is made of lacquered metal. It does, however, have a black plastic liner inside that is threaded for the section.

I love my Parker 100. The nib is exceptionally smooth and it IS a lovely looking pen.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

Recently I bought a Cobalt 100 is a beautiful Black NIB, and now is my favorite pen. I am using a Waterman black ink, accompanied by a translator. Before this pen, I really was not a fan hooded top. I rarely use the 51 or 21, I am more inclined to use my Visconti Stipulation or viceroy or lead my precious Yard at the end of barley. 100 feels just right and nib is perfect for me.

Nope! No photos here either. Where are they? :hmm1:

http://www.bigfoottrading.com/image_manager/attributes/image/image_2/20273913_6239400_thumbnail.JPG

http://www.rozsa.org/images/Img15.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...