Pilot Plumix

oya

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uhMnEqCtukY/TB4WRt-JbMI/AAAAAAAAABQ/HzTlHWjmcD8/s640/pilot%20plumix.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uhMnEqCtukY/TB4WOSj2vZI/AAAAAAAAABM/mIOMa986-7E/s640/pilot%20plumix%201.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uhMnEqCtukY/TB4WMgipDvI/AAAAAAAAABI/h8SJDAuF2kg/s640/p-plumix%20nib1.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_uhMnEqCtukY/TB4WKS3C3lI/AAAAAAAAABE/G2t437yEBoQ/s640/p-plumix%20nib2.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sailor Kenshin

• oya

• watch_art

• pen2paper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+1

I love my Plumix. I put PR Blue Suede in it and it makes me happy.

Let there be light. Then let there be a cat, a cocktail, and a good book.

I just bought another one of these at the local Target store for about $6.50. Too bad the barrel has a hole in it, or this pen would make a great eye-dropper. Also the nib is interchangeable with the nibs on Pilot 78G, if you would like an italic nib on a fancier body.

I just bought another one of these at the local Target store for about $6.50. Too bad the barrel has a hole in it, or this pen would make a great eye-dropper. Also the nib is interchangeable with the nibs on Pilot 78G, if you would like an italic nib on a fancier body.

That's why I'm buying that 78G! The Pilot Plumix nibs are so awesome, but the squid body makes me--erm--reluctant to take it out in public. I'm going to give my friend Zac the squid body with a fine nib.

Oya: Nice review, by the way!

-irbyls

Yes, my Dr said, "if only it had a clip"..

In everyday use, my 3 Plumix's just won't die, nor do they ever disappoint..

Single, minor issue is the small cartridge size.. but considering I've refilled the same/original carts, for a solid year, with nary a failure, can't complain too loudly.

i'd get some 5 minute epoxy and plug the hole in the end of the barrel, and just go to town. or put the nib in a 78g body and use some grease on the threads. those would make fantastic eyedroppers.

i'd get some 5 minute epoxy and plug the hole in the end of the barrel, and just go to town. or put the nib in a 78g body and use some grease on the threads. those would make fantastic eyedroppers.

Yep. The Plumix is easily converted to an eyedropper with a little 5-minute epoxy and some silicone grease. The nibs can be swapped with the Prera and Knight as well.

Music, verily, is the mediator between intellectual and sensuous life, the one incorporeal entrance into the high world of knowledge which comprehends mankind but which mankind cannot comprehend. -Ludwig van Beethoven

Great hand writing pal, I love it. Actually it is because of the pen , I think. It is true that the pen or the pencil also effects on your hand writing so if you will use this pen, I am sure about your great hand writing.

I've bought two of these, just to rob the nibs for my Pilot Prera (and subsequently, my husband's Pilot Prera! He always wants what I have :-) )

They make great, inexpensive italics, for those who are not sure whether italic is the way to go.

Thnx all for your comments.

Woa, I did'nt know that.

But then, for the fancier body... I have fancier FPs ;)

That's why I'm buying that 78G! The Pilot Plumix nibs are so awesome, but the squid body makes me--erm--reluctant to take it out in public. I'm going to give my friend Zac the squid body with a fine nib.

Oya: Nice review, by the way!

Irbyls, why reluctant? Own your inner weirdness ;) at least I do :) but then, I am the weird one even without FPs. :happyberet:

Yes, my Dr said, "if only it had a clip"..

In everyday use, my 3 Plumix's just won't die, nor do they ever disappoint..

Single, minor issue is the small cartridge size.. but considering I've refilled the same/original carts, for a solid year, with nary a failure, can't complain too loudly.

About clip thing .... this is one reason more girls have bags. And it is also very fashionable (and practical) for guys to have them too.

Regarding cartridges... in the FP's "ass" can be easily put an extra cartridge. Just try it ;)

Too bad the barrel isn't completely clear.

Then you can call it semi-demonstrator or a demonstrator with a twist.

Great hand writing pal, I love it. Actually it is because of the pen , I think. It is true that the pen or the pencil also effects on your hand writing so if you will use this pen, I am sure about your great hand writing.

Thnx, but just for info, I am a girl ;):vbg: . No offence taken, btw.

Yes, it is true (at least for me) ... italic nib - one way, pencil/pen- another, regular FP third or fourth (depends on my mood)...

I've bought two of these, just to rob the nibs for my Pilot Prera (and subsequently, my husband's Pilot Prera! He always wants what I have :-) )

They make great, inexpensive italics, for those who are not sure whether italic is the way to go.

:happyberet:

True. But I have been addicted with italics since purchasing Manuscript Calligraphic set.

Finally, she has overcome her tiredness and managed to write a review. thumbup.gif

You didn't give me a deadline ... therefore ... ....:bunny01: you can kiss my lovely behind :P

• 1 month later...

Here is how to add a clip to a Plumix. Take the cap off a Liquid Paper Mini Correction Pen. Grind the top off at an angle, so the clip stays attached, but there is a nice sized hole. Slit the cap opposite the clip & push it on the Plumix far enough so that you can post the cap.

post-14281-080762100 1281990321.jpg

I think, too, that a 78G with converter, with a Plumix M nib on it, makes a very cool pen with a M cursive italic !!! :thumbup: And the M nib of the Plumix is REALLY a funny nib !!!

Waterman Man 100, Pelikan M605, Montblanc 146 & 149, Parker Duofolds and 51s, Sheaffer Triumph and Intrigue, Lamy Safari, Pilot 78G and Pluminix...

PR Electric DC Blue, Herbin 1670 inks, Waterman Havana and purple, Montblanc Petrol Blue ...

First thing I did when I got my Plumix home was to superglue that hole shut. I have yet to fill it as an ED but I will as soon as I get through the cart.

Edited to add: I'm surprised no one is complaining about the section on the Plumix. It's very Safari-like.

Edited by majorworks
Happiness is an Indian ED!

One of my favorite nibs, I traded them out on my Prera's! They are now $4.50 at Target!!!

***Corrected because I can not spell!***

Edited by farseer911

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg