Visconti Leather 12 Pen Case

I purchased this lovely leather pen case recently and it has been one of my best purchases yet. I even paid full Australian retail for it!

It's as lovely as the wonderful salesperson that I usually buy from at my local pen boutique who sold it to me. cloud9.gif

That aside, gorgeous Visconti leather with personalisable zippers (using the initials from the 'My Pen' system) and a back pocket. Big enough to hold even larger pens. Comes with a nice velvet dust cover that I haven't photographed.

Inside is a nicely spaced pen tray that fits the pens securely (no fiddly elastic).

Just thought I'd write a mini-review as I was taking photos today. Pen case not yet full as I had most of my inked pens in a pen wrap elsewhere.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Tanalasta/Fountain%20Pens/Visconti_pencase.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Tanalasta/Fountain%20Pens/Visconti_pencase2.jpg

And where my inked pens reside:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Tanalasta/Fountain%20Pens/indoor_4.jpg

Edited by tanalasta

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tanalasta

• geoduc

• Anne S. Gray

• Pensrmypassion

I used to have one of these but sold it. Reason being that I couldn't the pens in their entirety -- I can only see the caps, the barrels are blocked by that piece of leather covering.

From left to right:

MontBlanc 146 (in platinum trim); Sailor 1911; Pelikan M600. Waterman Preface, Lamy Ballpoints (makrolon ; blackwood); eyedropper and a Visconti Travel Inkpot.

I'm familiar with my pens that I don't mind that the leather covers the barrels as I can recognise them easily enough based on the cap and clip.

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

From left to right:

MontBlanc 146 (in platinum trim); Sailor 1911; Pelikan M600. Waterman Preface, Lamy Ballpoints (makrolon ; blackwood); eyedropper and a Visconti Travel Inkpot.

I'm familiar with my pens that I don't mind that the leather covers the barrels as I can recognise them easily enough based on the cap and clip.

Actually, I was wondering about the cushioning material in the slots - is it felt or something else? Almost looks like suede in the photo. Nice to know that thing on the end is a travel inkpot, though. I was curious about that.

The inner slots feel like a plastic tray lined with felt. It's a bit disappointing that it's probably is plastic but then it adds to the lightness of the case.

All in all I'm quite satisfied with this pen case and it suits my needs quite well. Wasn't cheap though!

• 2 weeks later...

No, the pen flap doesn't come down although you can pull the pen tray up.

Pragmatically, it's quite easy to recognise the pens and being only a 12 pen case, i remember which pen is which at a glance.

The pen case was bought at my local pen store in Australia, not online. I suppose most Visconti dealers may be able to order it in.

• 1 month later...

Based on this review (thanks, tanalasta!), I decided that I needed one of these. It was a little difficult to track one down; apparently they are out of production. I finally found a vendor on line and it showed up in today's mail. I can verify that it is indeed a very nice case and well worth purchasing.

I bought mine online from La Couronne du Comte in the Netherlands. They are on closeout at 40% off - the sale price is 95€. They seem to be a very good company to work with - excellent communications and prompt shipping. It took just over a week from the date of my order until the case arrived here on the west coast of the U.S. Here a link if anyone is interested: http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/index.php?cPath=63_71_173

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get one of the Visconti cases. Is there anyone in the US who is carrying them?

Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.

Lovely case that. Missed out on one sometime ago but still looking

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

I'd love to get one of the Visconti cases. Is there anyone in the US who is carrying them?

Lovely case that. Missed out on one sometime ago but still looking

I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. who still had them. Just checked, and La Couronne du Comte still has them on their website (http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/index.php?cPath=63_71_173)

They were very easy to deal with (no affiliation) - it was no problem to have the case shipped to the U.S.

I couldn't find anyone in the U.S. who still had them. Just checked, and La Couronne du Comte still has them on their website (http://www.lacouronneducomte.nl/webstore/main/index.php?cPath=63_71_173)

They were very easy to deal with (no affiliation) - it was no problem to have the case shipped to the U.S.

Thanks! :thumbup: I'm off to order a pen case.

Anne Gray

Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.