• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Signum1

• farseer911

• SamCapote

• Alexandra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've tested this ink extensively and have recommended that it be called "semi-bulletproof", as there is a bulletproof component, but also a non-bulletproof one. Back then, it wasn't called anything, but is now marketed as "tamper evident".

Bulletproofness aside, I find this to be a VERY good ink, with excellent flow, wonderful color and superior value. I have several pens dedicated to this ink AND I've found that a 75% ink/25% water dilution will bring out even MORE shading and a lighter, beautiful color. This ink really is a winner and I'll need to get 4 or 5 more bottles of it to secure my stocks.

Excellent review, too!

Is the 24-lb Domtar paper good for FPs? I can't get the 32-lb stuff locally.

i'm thinking in buying this one or a Iroshizuku Tsuki-Yo... with small nibs this one looks very dark, maybe i can use this one for my school, but i'm still in a inner debate

Edited by eslemexe

As usual your reviews are excellent! Thanks.

PMS

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty -Thomas Jefferson

Excellent review, as usual. Your Waterman Blue-Black is a very different color than the sample I have. It looks nice!

BBK is moving up my list of Noodler's to think about getting, but I have so much ink lying around my shoes are starting to get squishy already.

Not meanign to hijack this thread, but check out post #11 in my thread and the BBH & BBK results are explained to a degree by someone from Noodlers.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139762-my-own-ink-torture-test-on-noodlers-inks/page__p__1385695__fromsearch__1entry1385695

A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

I love this ink and wish it had better water resistance. However, I'm pleased to say that I just washed some and after the "top" level of blue washed off, the writing remained entirely legible. The trick, it seems, is to wash it thoroughly enough to get rid of all that top layer.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

This is an attractive ink, but the flow is a little thick for me. I've taken a cue from bluemagister and started diluting it, which helps.

Viseguy

I just got this ink last week, and I'm lovin it, very saturated! If you add distilled water 20%-25%, as bluemagister said, it'll show a nice shading and will be lighter, but still a rich color.

Fabricio in São Paulo

I just got this ink last week, and I'm lovin it, very saturated! If you add distilled water 20%-25%, as bluemagister said, it'll show a nice shading and will be lighter, but still a rich color.

Fabricio in São Paulo

I never really had anyt flow issues with this and any of my Pilots mostly f nibs... It Flows much better than Luxury blue and has a better color than Bad Blue Heron. My new favorite blue ink!!! close seconf eclat de' saphir by J herbin!

http://clipart.usscouts.org/library/BSA_Character_Counts/thumbnails/cub_scouts_char_counts_co.giffpn_1364474496__woundedwarriorlogo03.jpg

I can tell easily that Signum1 tampered with the ink sample marked as "30 Minute Soak Test," so it really is doing its job. :bunny01:

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Couple of questions. . . Does it have a peculiar smell? Also, have you noticed it leaving any sort of greasy blue film on nibs and feeds, that doesn't rinse off easily?

These are both traits of Texas Blue Bonnet that I've noticed, and I wondered if the other new "bulletproof" blues (BBH & BBK) do the same.

Couple of questions. . . Does it have a peculiar smell? Also, have you noticed it leaving any sort of greasy blue film on nibs and feeds, that doesn't rinse off easily?

These are both traits of Texas Blue Bonnet that I've noticed, and I wondered if the other new "bulletproof" blues (BBH & BBK) do the same.

There is a different smell as opposed to other noodlers, not foul but different. not a deal breaker. There is nib creep, and it does was or wipe off easily for me on my Pilot nibs.. whether it be gold or steel.

You can pretty much be assured that bulletproof inks come with chemical smells. That stated, once the ink is loaded into the pen, I did not notice the chemical smell. I rarely address the issue of "nib creep" because I can easily wipe the excess ink off with a tissue paper or paper towel. In addition, nib creep doesn't reduce my enjoyment of using the Kingfisher ink.

Perhaps you can be so kind and draft a review of the Texas Blue Bonnet along with pictures of nib creep so other users can decide if they want to try the Texas Blue Bonnet.

• 11 years later...