KAIGELU 333

FP Writing

Hello all

just to share a little more of the Kaigelu 333; the pen review was done with the original nib before it was turned into cursive italic.

Have fun

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/S8nQL6AjJmI/AAAAAAAACy4/10yMAbxeKdk/s640/kaigelu+333+1.JPG http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/S8nQm4ORPDI/AAAAAAAACzA/S8zHWZLf1Ng/s640/kaigelu+333+2.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/S8sOn-sNaEI/AAAAAAAAC0w/1aiMi7RvGFg/s1600/Kaigelu+3.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/S8sOUMm8_TI/AAAAAAAAC0o/05nVQpH_E7Y/s1600/kaigelu+2.JPG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FP Writing

• lovemy51

• penguina

• cpsantillan

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the review, and the drawings :happyberet:

I have a Kaigela pen as well, a 221. A sleek black pen, but with a much more pronounced calligraphy nib, which I enjoy using for my drawing.

How did the nib modification into a cursive italic work here? Is it very different to the original nib?

As an Australian, I enjoy the idea of Kaigelu (Kangaroo) pen, and the stories about Australia that come with the pen. It makes me realise, that even in our world of globalisation....People still do have strange and romantic tales about far away countries.

[/b ] Penguina[size=5][/size]

Hi

i did the nib modification to produce line variations. So it is a fine italic with the following writing sample.

Now the nib writes with thin up stroke and broader down stroke.

Yes the pen is quite a quality made, and the good thing is that now Chinese pens are moving away from showy design...roflmho.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aI7xyj3f0l4/S8sP8cWl_FI/AAAAAAAAC1A/LXkuQiR4C3k/s1600/kaigelu+italic.JPG

Nice review and great looking pen, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

• 1 year later...

Haven't been here for a while. Needed to get another fountain pen, so dropped in to drool over some of the beauties and see what might actually be in my budget. Stumbled across the Kaigalu, checked out the reviews here, and ended up ordering a 316. Missed out on the really pretty colors, but the charcoal looked nice (so did the cream and black veined, but I was afraid it might be a little too flashy (may rethink that if the pen lives up to its reviews!) I hesitated over the fact it's made in China, but what the heck, I'm typing away on a laptop that was built in China for an American company and shipped directly to me from China. Weird. So guess I can live with an attractive, well-made Chinese pen that fits my retirement budget.

Still hoping someday to find a nice vintage pen I can afford, though. I was given a nice fountain pen, basic black with gold trim, when I graduated from high school in 1961, which went missing at some point, and I'd love to have something similar. Us older folks get nostalgic.

Haven't been here for a while. Needed to get another fountain pen, so dropped in to drool over some of the beauties and see what might actually be in my budget. Stumbled across the Kaigalu, checked out the reviews here, and ended up ordering a 316. Missed out on the really pretty colors, but the charcoal looked nice (so did the cream and black veined, but I was afraid it might be a little too flashy (may rethink that if the pen lives up to its reviews!) I hesitated over the fact it's made in China, but what the heck, I'm typing away on a laptop that was built in China for an American company and shipped directly to me from China. Weird. So guess I can live with an attractive, well-made Chinese pen that fits my retirement budget.

Still hoping someday to find a nice vintage pen I can afford, though. I was given a nice fountain pen, basic black with gold trim, when I graduated from high school in 1961, which went missing at some point, and I'd love to have something similar. Us older folks get nostalgic.

A bit off-topic, but if you are looking for a nostalgic black and gold pen, did you notice speerbob's offer of new old-stock Sheaffer Le Bordeaux pens here on the network today (https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/classifieds/item/1057-nos-sheaffer-le-bordeaux-fountain-pen-in-box/)? (no affiliation, but a frequent happy customer of Bob's)

ron

• 6 years later...