Hero Blue Black #62

bluemagister

Mr. Loco was kind enough to send me a sample of Hero Blue Black #62 and I loaded it into a new Pen & Ink Sketch Fountain Pen (EF nib). It is a perfect ink, I'd say, just from the flow, non-feathering, non-nib creep and water resistance! I am not sure if this is an iron gall/ferrogallic ink,but when I rubbed a sample with bleach, it turned brown, then completely disappeared (note the white space on the test sheet). It performs admirably and excellently and my greatest problem with this ink is in securing a ready supply, since ebay sources overprice this ink and I have no local sources. Once again, I'd like to thank Mr. Loco for sending me a sample of this wonderful ink!

http://bluemagister.com/InktestHeroBlueBlack1.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bluemagister

• Ondina

• Ed Ronax

• Sandy1

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Nice brief Review. Thanks.

I rather doubt that it's i-g, simply because of the water test results. My experience is that i-g inks will lose a bit of overall density, rather than leave behind a different colour. So a blue-black i-g ink should leave behind a lighter blue-black - not a Blue, as seems to be the case here.

The sole supplier that I saw on eBay.com was from Australia. So, who knows if there are other online sources available. I will keep watch. Perhaps sources that sell Asian calligraphy supplies or Chinese pens. (?)

Not as if I really need yet another Bl-Bk, no?

What other of your BlBk inks does this one compare to? Or it it unique?

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Hi Sandy1! Although my reviews are not as precise or awesome as yours, I tried to give a hint as to other shades of blue and blue black by comparing it directly to Seiboku and some gel inks. I'd say that this Hero #62 is almost exactly the same shade/hue as Sailor Seiboku, but without the permanence. It flows as well, doesn't feather and is in all respects equally well behaved. If Seiboku is the faithful and intelligent Lassie (with equivalent expense), then Hero #62 is more like Rin Tin Tin, who isn't afraid to get down and dirty in the field and doesn't cost a lot to maintain.

I will keep up my search for this ink and get my Chinese sources working on scoring a supply of it.

Edit: Something makes me think that if I made this review title something like "Diamine Bongwater Blue" or "Private Reserve 2-Day-Old Bruise Blue", this review would see 500 replies praising this ink as "the best blue ever made in the world." It seems like the paucity of Chinese inks is hurting their chances of acceptance here on FPN...if only a Hero executive would see this, he would know that getting ink to us is the most important thing for the success of his company overseas!!!

Edited by bluemagister

Nice review and a very pleasant looking blue black, thanks.

Edited by Ed Ronax

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Your Lassie/Rin Tin Tin made me laugh out loud. Interesting ink, thanks for taking the time to show it to the rest of us.