LAMY 2000....

sargeny1

HI ALL....Ordered a LAMY 2000 Extra Fine Nib from Pengallery on Fri 3/26 A.M (NYC)....Pen arrived at home NYC on Mon. 3/29 at 9A.M.(FEDEX)....!!!!!!! Super fast shipping...!!!! Cleaned the nib and fill system with a WEAK solution of ammomia and cool water....a little bit of blue ink came from the nib....probably the factory dip tested the nib....thoroughly flushed the feed system....let the pen dry out for 4 hours.....filled it with Nooodlers Standard Black ink....pen started to write immediately.....SMOOTH & WET...letters and numbers more toward fine than extra fine but this is one heck of a SMOOTH writing pen and the Noodlers Black Ink REALLY POPS OUT B L A C K B L A C K & M O R E B L A C K......YES...AM VERY SATISFIED......

PETE

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dwong

• sargeny1

• cbbp

• PianoMan14

Nice to hear this. I just made my first "nice" fountain pen purchase from pengallery.com as well about a week ago. It was also a Lamy 2000 with EF nib. It worked great out of the box with Noodler's Black ink. My only other fountain pen is the Lamy Safari with EF nib. It's quite a different pen from the Safari, as it has a slight little bit of flex which and the nib glides much smoother on pretty much all paper that I have written with. Compared to the Safari, the line is thinner by a hair. I am happy that I'm not the only one enjoying this pen :)

Nice! Please do a full review with photos when you get the chance :thumbup:

Edited by PianoMan14

Soli Deo Gloria!

Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out!

Nice! I bought my EF 2000 from them too last fall. I was also quite impressed with the fast shipping. Does yours have the all-metal section?

The Lamy 2000 fountain pen is perfect for people who want a good, solid workhorse fountain pen. The differential piston mechanism can easily gulp down a large supply of ink. The breather hole is positioned as close to the nib as possible, so you only have to dip the very tip of the pen to fill it up. Since the body is mostly made of Makrolon with stainless steel accents it is very light, yet feels warm and substantial in your hand.

I absolutely love the design and function of the Lamy 2000. I used to have one... sigh... but I sold it because I did not like the nib - a fine. Reading these posts is making me think that perhaps I should get another with perhaps a medium or broad nib. Sigh... I've got to stop reading these reviews (or padlock my wallet). Thanks for the mini review... I think. :D

Dan

I find the the L2k is a picky writer when it comes to which paper I choose to write with. On standard printing paper and higher quality paper it writes well, but it's very scratchy and dry on cheap notebook paper which my Lamy Safari has no problems with at all. Both of them have EF nibs.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the the L2k is a picky writer when it comes to which paper I choose to write with. On standard printing paper and higher quality paper it writes well, but it's very scratchy and dry on cheap notebook paper which my Lamy Safari has no problems with at all. Both of them have EF nibs.

Is that true? I have experienced that the 2000 gets bad on bleed through on (Potty Mouth) paper due to it's wetness.

Further, the scratchiness and toothiness gets too bad that you just can't bear to write. Fine nib.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore my L2k and it's got a medium nib on it. The first one I got had an EF nib that was touchy and no good at all, so I traded it for a M. The EF had inconsistent flow and line- the cross stroke was broader than the downstroke, which I find unattractive. Nib was no good. But the M that I got has absolutely won my heart. It melts into my grip and is a relief to write with after just about any other pen I've got. It runs Mont Blanc BB in it and it performs on all paper. BTW, this is a viscous ink and does well with a wet writer like the L2k, but it's also extremely acidic and if you use it, flush your pen at least once a month.

Now I've got a question about pengallery: my L2k is from a store here in Houston and a friend of mine got his on pengallery. His nib is EF and exceptional, just really nice. But the feel of the body is different. It feels harder, sharper around the edge of the cap and the end of the barrel, and it doesn't make exactly the same 'click' as mine does when you replace the cap. I asked a pen doctor friend and he just said that sometimes they're not consistent... fine, but another friend got one from pengallery and it was the same deal all around. The pen is a *great* writer, but the finish is the same dry, sharp and hard feel, compared to mine. I didn't say anything to them, but mine definitely has a softer feel. Theirs also seemed lighter in color... Am I nuts or are they different? Anyone have any ideas?

The Lamy 2000 fountain pen is perfect for people who want a good, solid workhorse fountain pen. The differential piston mechanism can easily gulp down a large supply of ink. The breather hole is positioned as close to the nib as possible, so you only have to dip the very tip of the pen to fill it up. Since the body is mostly made of Makrolon with stainless steel accents it is very light, yet feels warm and substantial in your hand.

Absolutely agree! I just got my new 2000 this week, fine nib (after reading reviews, I like a medium line, and the 2K fine is medium-like) and LOVE IT.

Light in the hand and wet line -- what fountain pen love is all about for me.

Montblanc / Pelikan / Sailor / Pilot / Lamy / Cross / Parker

Same pen, and I have not had that problem with mine.

Only issue with mine is getting use the rather strange, for me, hold of the section. It just doesn't feel like it is holding quite right.

YMMV

I have been using my Lamy 2000 for about 1 month now. I am incredibly happy with it. I put off getting one for several years now due to the ???slippery metalic area where one positions ones fingers on the pen. However, I must admit after purchasing one I have used it almost every day now and it must be in my mind my go to pen. I love it.

If you are considering to purchase one__________go for it!!!!!!! Smooth, good feed of ink, comfortable to use.

Just got a BB Lamy 2000 at the Chicago pen show. It is soooooo smooth. If this is how all Lamys write, it won't be my last.

read, write, grade essays, repeat

I have been using my Lamy 2000 for about 2 months, it is my second fountain pen, and I love it to death. It is by far the nicest pen I own, I tend to make pages of notes every day for University, and it has never skipped a beat. I am looking forward to trying some fancier inks, currently using Parker Quink Blue. The design is timeless, beautiful and understated, and in keeping with the Bauhaus principals of form following function. Definately worth every cent.

I'm glad someone else loves their 2000 as much as I do!

Same pen, and I have not had that problem with mine.

Only issue with mine is getting use the rather strange, for me, hold of the section. It just doesn't feel like it is holding quite right.

After an additional month of use, the pen has been performing very well. It works great on most paper, and has worked fine on 20lb copy paper, which is a big plus for me. It tends to bleedthrough a slight amount in my Moleskine, but not enough to get me to stop using it.

I am getting much more accustomed to the grip, and it feels a bit more natural now, but I must admit, it did take me about a month of use to get used to. The combination of durability, reliability, smooth writing quality, and great ink storage has kept me using it through the initial discomfort and this pen has proved to be well worth its value. If one does not mind the tapered grip, then this pen is clearly a winner!