• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Signum1

• Ann Finley

• SamCapote

• WendyNC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for this review. This is one about which I was curious, but after my experience with Bad Green Gator, I've been hesitant to buy. The brown seems a little better behaved, but I do see that it, like the Gator, gets much lighter in a thinner nib.

I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

I only joined the forum recently and this is the first time I have seen a review like this. Its excellent. Thank you. Can someone direct me to a free calligraphy introduction on the internet please?

the moving finger writes and having writ moves on..

Visconti Kakadu, Knights Templar and Opera Master, Jinhao Abalone Shell, Classic 626 SandBlast, Montegrappa Cortina, Monteverde Carbon Fibre and Huashilai Executive Marblied.

I wonder if a little dilution would help the feathering problem?

Excellent review and superb penmanship!!

Nice review, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Thanks for the review, I've been thinking about getting a Noodlers brown thats bullet proof.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Signum, excellent review.

I'm still trying to figure out why my review of this same ink, that I posted here got moved up into the scans section, and is not listed on the ink review index as yours now is. I would prefer that it be in this section where I think it gets more play. Again, thanks for your review too!.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I am on my second or third refill of my L2K and so far I have found it to be a commendable ink.

No problems. (Which is probably the highest compliment in this day of most paper being fountain pen unfriendly.)

A funny: First filling, I slopped some ink over the side and the label wipped off with it. :-)

YMMV

I only joined the forum recently and this is the first time I have seen a review like this. Its excellent. Thank you. Can someone direct me to a free calligraphy introduction on the internet please?

For starters, you can go to youtube.com to look for free calligraphy lessons.

However, if you have a bit of money to invest in a lifelong skill (a personalize handwriting), then here's what I recommend.

1) DVD by Caliken

2) Italic Letters: Calligraphy and Handwriting by Getty and Dubay

The DVD by Caliken has six scripts to learn. In my opinion, there are three impressive scripts to learn from that DVD: Copperplate, half-uncial, and Blackletter. Copperplate requires more effort in learning because you need to keep in mind when to add pressure or release pressure as you form the letters.

Practice often and you can develop an impressive handwriting that makes memorable birthday cards and Christmas cards for your friends and family members. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why my review of this same ink, that I posted here got moved up into the scans section, and is not listed on the ink review index as yours now is. I would prefer that it be in this section where I think it gets more play. Again, thanks for your review too!.

Send Ann, the moderator, a PM and she'll look into it.

However, if you have a bit of money to invest in a lifelong skill (a personalize handwriting), then here's what I recommend.

1) DVD by Caliken

2) Italic Letters: Calligraphy and Handwriting by Getty and Dubay

Thanks for these two suggestions. Ordered book from Amazon, checking on DVD shipping to USA.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Send Ann, the moderator, a PM and she'll look into it.

Error corrected...You can now find SamCapote's review of Noodler's #41 moved to this section and in the review index.

:headsmack: Ann

• 11 years later...

Wow really appreciate updates. I really have not seen this from other posters, not that it's a value judgement to others. And it's always nice to see lovely handwriting with an ink review. It really does add to the enjoyment.