• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• watch_art

• zutalors

• Federalist Pens

• tmenyc

Nice review, thanks.

And how can this be, because he is the Kwisatz Haderach.

This a one of those understated pens that looks wonderful, and writes even better. Many thanks for the art and the review.

Great review of the Reform "Skywalker" Demo!

(Sometimes referred to as the "Baby 1911")

I have had my pen for a few years. It is a great looking pen, and a great writer! I bought my pen at isellpens.com, but they are still available at Pendemonium.

Unfortunately, only carts will work in this pen. I bought a short international converter at the time as well, but you cannot extend that converter (fill), and fit this barrel. The cart only has about 1/4" clearance!

You got the better deal in the trade! cool.gif

Frank

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

i was thinking about seeing if that metal 'ring' for lack of a better word, that fits into the end of the barrel can be removed without destroying the pen, and putting in a converter or larger cartridges.

maybe later though...

Glad you like it -- the perfect trade! I think the "brass" insert is ballast, and it'll be really lightweight without it. Great review-- I love your sketches.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

Glad you like it -- the perfect trade! I think the "brass" insert is ballast, and it'll be really lightweight without it. Great review-- I love your sketches.

Tim

so you don't think it'd hurt to take it out? it'd really improve the capacity and usability if i could fit a bigger cartridge. it's such a great writer.

• 4 months later...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2722/4439286967_031a6565f3_o.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4047/4439302559_108c91d710_o.jpg

I wish I had your artistic talent. I really do. I have no such inspiration for creation, alas, but I can appreciate yours very much.

I wish I had your artistic talent. I really do. I have no such inspiration for creation, alas, but I can appreciate yours very much.

Thank you very much! Sometimes finding inspiration, or deciding what to draw is really difficult. Sometime I just sit down and draw the same old things (coffee mugs, tea pots...) and then something either happens, and I make something a bit different and interesting, or not, and I just make the same old thing again with slightly different scribbled lines on it. Sometimes I draw whatever is in front of me, the table, a tree, the swingset, a spoon. Stuff like that. I dunno.

I own two Reform Skywalker Demonstrator and they are two of my best writers, better than my Pelikan M200, M215 and M250 in terms of nib wetness and smoothness.

They're my workhorses and, although inexpensive, surely they are great pens. I've been using Noodler's Baysate Blue about a couple years without problems.

For cleaning, you can pull the nib out easily.

Unfortunately, this pen is out-of-production. In fact, Reform brand is out of the pen business since early 90's.

Some months ago I was thinking that there wasn't reviews about Reform Demonstrator. There are few words on FPN about this pen.

Nice review! Thanks!

Fabricio

Edited by fabrimedeiros

• 7 months later...

Thank you very much! Sometimes finding inspiration, or deciding what to draw is really difficult. Sometime I just sit down and draw the same old things (coffee mugs, tea pots...) and then something either happens, and I make something a bit different and interesting, or not, and I just make the same old thing again with slightly different scribbled lines on it. Sometimes I draw whatever is in front of me, the table, a tree, the swingset, a spoon. Stuff like that. I dunno.

In other words, it's innate talent. I can only look on in awe.

Nice review, beautifully presented, of a pen that I had never heard of until now. Good luck with fitting a converter.

"The cultured man is the man whose interior consciousness is forever obstinately writing down, in the immaterial diary of his psyche's sense of life, every chance aspect of every new day that he is lucky enough to live to behold!" - John Cowper Powys

Thanks! Never found a converter for it, but eventually gave it away here on Pay It Forward, I think. It just wasn't doing it for me. Great little pen though.

• 6 years later...

Came across this discussion while trying to identify my, as I know now, Reform demonstrator. Quite unusual to have the pen brand name on the nib rather than on the body of the pen itself. I picked mine up a few days ago after having not used it for over a year and was susprised to find that it wrote perfectly with no prompting.

Nice review!

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.