Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition Red

PenEngineer

A short review for the Visconti Wall Street Limited Edition pen.

I had a chance to try this pen out when my family took a trip to Italy last summer. Because of me, we had to stop by the Visconti showroom. After looking around for a while, I asked the man attending the store if they had any double reservoir power fillers I could take a look at. He said the did and brought out a tray of the Wall Street Limited Editions. I was instantly drawn to a red pen with a fine nib on it. The price there was going to be 600 euros. Way too much for my parents to loan to me. Now, almost three quarters of a year later, Bryant had a sale and I snagged one after some heated discussion with my parents who still did not want me getting a $375 pen.

Design/Size/Weight

4.5 out of 5

Very nice size for my hands. It's section is just the right size at .433 inches in diameter at its smallest and .479 at its biggest. It is a long pen at 5.8 inches in length capped, 5.404 inches uncapped. I do not post the cap on this pen. The barrel is immaculate and screams quality whenever I pick it up to write with it, and it's squared circle makes it an interesting vacation from the average fountain pen, although I don't think any fountain pen is 'usual' in today's world. The barrel diameter across the flat sides is .536 inches at its largest almost where one might grip the pen if you grip high, and .449 inches at its smallest at the blind cap. A very nice weight to it as well.

Price

6 out of 5

An awesome price from Bryant made me get this pen! Normally, it is way out of my price range for a long time, but with his sale of three hundred seventy five dollars, I had just enough Christmas money saved up to be able to get it!

Nib performance

4 out of 5

Very nice nib on this pen. It is an extra fine 23K palladium nib. It is a very soft nib! So was the 18K gold nib at the showroom in Florence, but this is even softer. Normally I prefer a nib that is a little soft, but not too hard. However, this nib does not bend if you do not want it to, and it does when you ask. It is also a very wet nib.

Filling system

5 out of 5

This is the main reason why I bought this pen. I love extremely complicated filling systems, and cartridge converter systems for the most part do not work very well for me. Most of the cc pens I have bought require adjustment to keep up with my pace of writing. Since I am still in high school I have to take very fast notes or risk falling behind. This pen also, when completely filled from the Visconti Traveling Ink Pot, has a capacity of almost four milliliters! This was enough to allow me to write for a total of two weeks at school without having to fill it once! It is perfect for long trips when you are away from the bottle. Even longer if you have a Traveling Ink Pot!

Total Score

19.5 out of 20

All in all, this is my perfect pen. I absolutely love showing it off to anyone who yells out "That's such a cool pen! Where did you get it?". And of course, the inevitable "How much did you pay for it?". That really turns some heads!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penmanila

• PenEngineer

• bassplayrr

• goodguy

Congrats on a swell pen.

I have the same pen only with regular fine gold nib and I love it.

By the way how about some pictures ?

Enjoy :thumbup:

Edited by goodguy

Respect to all

I will try to get pictures uploaded sometime soon, but it won't be for at least a week. I have a six to nine page report I have to write for it English class that is due next Monday. The worst part, it has to be all type written.

I will try to get pictures uploaded sometime soon, but it won't be for at least a week. I have a six to nine page report I have to write for it English class that is due next Monday. The worst part, it has to be all type written.

In the meantime, here's mine, also from Bryant.

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/heinrich773/collection.png

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww292/heinrich773/HPIM0823.png

Royce O'Rourke - Realtor! is now available in

PRINT

Nice review for a lovely pen.

I am actually using mine today by chance, and I love that the red is actually quite deep and rich so that it really picks up the light nicely for the highlights.

I have a palladium BB nib and it writes as smoothly as can be straight out of the box (yippee this time!)

All the best with this pen it really is exquisitely designed and feels and looks great too.

________________________________________________________________________________

Love and work... work and love, that's all there is.

Sigmund Freud

(there was a man who obviously never knew fountain pens!)

• 1 year later...

i'd been lusting after this pen (red LE, stub palladium nib) and just sealed a deal with a friend today to get his wall street LE with exactly those specs for a great price of $300. couldn't be happier! :)

Check out my blog and my pens

i'd been lusting after this pen (red LE, stub palladium nib) and just sealed a deal with a friend today to get his wall street LE with exactly those specs for a great price of $300. couldn't be happier! :)

Nice! That's one hell of a deal!

I'm a sucker for the coined celluloid look and have been ever since I first set eyes on a Parker Vac. I just ordered one of Bryant's Cosmo LE in green/gold and can't wait to receive it. I'll admit, it was a tough choice between the red and green. I had to do a bit of ennie meenie on it.

i'm a sucker for that look too (80+ vacs and counting ;) ). this may not be my last wall street!

I just picked up a green Wall Street LE from Bryant, though not for the phenomenal price you got, Jose. I couldn't be happier. The broad nib is one of the smoothest nibs I have and such a pleasure to write with. I'm like you and bassplayrr - the vac look sucked me in. I was concerned the LE might be too big/heavy for me but that hasn't turned out to be an issue at all.

Colour is its own reward - N. Finn

glad to hear that, thanks!

I was concerned the LE might be too big/heavy for me but that hasn't turned out to be an issue at all.

Check out my blog and my pens

I just picked up a green Wall Street LE from Bryant, though not for the phenomenal price you got, Jose. I couldn't be happier. The broad nib is one of the smoothest nibs I have and such a pleasure to write with. I'm like you and bassplayrr - the vac look sucked me in. I was concerned the LE might be too big/heavy for me but that hasn't turned out to be an issue at all.

Great choice in pen and dealer! Congrats on the new acquisition!

Edited by bassplayrr

• 1 month later...

I just ordered one of Bryant's Cosmo LE in green/gold and can't wait to receive it. I'll admit, it was a tough choice between the red and green. I had to do a bit of ennie meenie on it.

I just ordered a Cosmo in green/silver. Couldn't decide between the green and the red either but opted for the green because it was numbered with my birthday XD

Yuki

http://i54.tinypic.com/16jj9fb.jpg

Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~