LA Pen Show Acquisitions

AltecGreen

Now that I finished uploading all of the pictures from the LA pen show, I had some time to take stock in the pens I bought. I wasn't only taking pictures but also adding to my collection.

So here's what I picked up. The pens reflect my collecting interests.

The Italian Pens

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4360928758_4531d25980_b.jpg

from left to right

1) Delta Papillion Red Celluloid 78/100 (Bryant gave me a great price on this matching set)

2) Delta Papillion Green Celluloid 78/100

3) Delta Papillion Black Celluloid 78/100

4) Tibaldi Transparente (a nice user grade Transparente)

5) Mercurius Button Filler (from Deirdre)

6) Radius Superior Button Filler

7) Bermond lever filler (grey Arco pattern celluloid)

The Japanese Pens

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2761/4360929050_ae4ab42d41_b.jpg

from left to right

1) Platinum Pocket pen-purple section w/ Zogan (you can never have too many of these)

2) Pilot R pen-red celluloid

3) Pilot R pen-koi celluloid

4) Pilot R Pen-burgundy celluloid

5) vintage Sailor Lever filler (beautiful celluloid)

6) Pilot R (larger size) lever filler (stunning celluloid)

7) vintage Kokusui Japanese eyedropper- Kamakura-bori urushi

8) vintage Japanese Chief bulb filler-brown urushi with giant signature nib

9) Sailor made sterling pen (made for tetkin?? feikin)

10) Pilot Custom Hannya Sutra0sterling silver

11) Pilot Custom black stripe

12) Nakaya Neo Standard in Araishu

The Rest

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4360929268_2926af9899_b.jpg

from left to right

1) 2nd gen Wahl Doric plunger filler-brown shell celluloid flexible gold seal nib

2) vintage Mont Blanc 144 in grey striated (???) celluloid pisotn filler with flexible extra fine nib near mint

3) Edison Huron in American Art Plastic Ivory celluloid crisp 1.1 mm cursive italic nib

As you can see, I was not just taking pictures. :roflmho:

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AltecGreen

• RitaCarbon

• Brian

• ethernautrix

If I were to list the ones I DON'T think are amazing and beautiful, that would be the shorter list. Great catches, especially the Pilot Sutra and the MB 144 in platinum! Wonderful!

Dan

Oh my god @ the mont blanc

The MB is the pen Ethernautrix referred to as the PEN. I wished MB would pens like this one again. The celluloid is stunning and the piston action is perfect. The nib has the right amount of flex and the nib is not too broad.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I saw them gorgeous ones. Stunning pens. You know which one is my favorite - the Ivory Edison Huron! Looks like real ivory.

And your vintage MB- what a treat! puddle.gif

thumbup.gif

Okay, then.

This is just my iPhone picture, sorry for the quality... And just only one pen.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4014/4357659415_b516e356ab.jpg

Edited by RitaCarbon

Photos of Mb Beaut writing sample, please. When you get a chance, I mean. You've been busy with reports and posting photos. Hey, when you get a chance and if you feel like it, how about shining the spotlight on your Mb Beaut -- the PEN -- in the Mb forum? Hah? I'm thinking that's a good idea... (smiley)

Me, I want to gush about my Nakaya firm Medium nib and my Danitrio flex EEF nib and Kevin and the Todos and Bry and Brian (whom I wanted to talk to more but I kept getting distracted by all the people and conversations and not-leaving-for-road-trip!) and Sam (who gave recommendations and MAPS! for road trip!) and Sarj&Jazz (Jas?) my new favorite British couple who are not Stephen&Katie and all the Pen Posse pals and FPN pals and the Inner Sanctum. Oops, hijacking yer thread. Sorry, Ricky.

Srsly, OHMYGODMYFABULOUSJAPANESEPENS! Oh the love!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Photos of Mb Beaut writing sample, please. When you get a chance, I mean. You've been busy with reports and posting photos. Hey, when you get a chance and if you feel like it, how about shining the spotlight on your Mb Beaut -- the PEN -- in the Mb forum? Hah? I'm thinking that's a good idea... (smiley)

Me, I want to gush about my Nakaya firm Medium nib and my Danitrio flex EEF nib and Kevin and the Todos and Bry and Brian (whom I wanted to talk to more but I kept getting distracted by all the people and conversations and not-leaving-for-road-trip!) and Sam (who gave recommendations and MAPS! for road trip!) and Sarj&Jazz (Jas?) my new favorite British couple who are not Stephen&Katie and all the Pen Posse pals and FPN pals and the Inner Sanctum. Oops, hijacking yer thread. Sorry, Ricky.

Srsly, OHMYGODMYFABULOUSJAPANESEPENS! Oh the love!

Photos of specific pens are next on the queue. I'm currently doing pen restoration on a couple of those vintage Japanese pens. I'll post MB pictures next. I'm putting the sac on the last pen as I type.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Here's the only pen I bought. I'll take photos of the new nibs (I love my new nibs!) soon.

On my list was one pen: a Delta from Bry (no specific Delta, but I had admired ParkerBeta/Sayan's Papillon).

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4362136899_e6cc39dc0c.jpg

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Here's the only pen I bought. I'll take photos of the new nibs (I love my new nibs!) soon.

On my list was one pen: a Delta from Bry (no specific Delta, but I had admired ParkerBeta/Sayan's Papillon).

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4005/4362136899_e6cc39dc0c.jpg

Ooohh! We can form our own Papillion club.

We have at least three members.

August 28-30th, 2020
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Wow, you didnt lost time in LA Altec Green, congratulations. Greetings.

I wonder how many minutes you spent meditating in front of each pen,

to buy or not to buy that is the question.

Edited by penrivers